Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It sucked a little more without weed.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
edited June 2020 in Main
This is not just another day. It is yet another chance to make your dreams come true. Get up and get started. Good morning!

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    We had Grifters practice last night. I didn't really want to but Scott is lonely so... I got there early and moved everything out of our small practice room and into the warehouse by the opened garage door of the loading dock so it was fairly pleasant. If it's hot outside it's even hotter in the warehouse. Well, we sucked. We hadn't played in three months and it was apparent. Scott had a new song but it was rather bluesy which I just don't care about playing anymore. If we were good blues musicians that'd be one thing but I'd rather rock out. So at the end of the night we're starting to take everything down and move it all back into the room. I was out of the room and I heard a commotion. Stan fell off the loading dock. Probably a five foot drop. Not sure how it happened. I had the drums set up right next to the edge of the dock. I think Stan was leaning over to grab his drink then just kinda rolled out and landed on his back. He was in pain and it took him about ten minutes to get back on his feet but he managed to. Ugh. Fucking old men..
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Jeez, I hope Stan’s ok.
    I admire that part about you
    Wow! I don’t think anyone has ever told me they admire anything about me before. You just made my day a lot better.
    Just got back from the dentist. It wasn’t that bad. I’m a little sore, but I’ll live. I miss the days when dental procedures came with an automatic prescription for Vicodin.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,489
    I've been a ball of stress for forty four hours.

Either I get this new job and suddenly make enough that we can stay afloat even if Tilda doesn't get rehired or I don't and I'm five weeks out from getting laid off and joining her on the dole.
    Should find out today
    I really hope you get that job. I’ve been reading about the high demand for contact tracers. If my program gets killed buy covid-19 related budget cuts, I think I’ll look into that.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    JPs to you and PMAs to Stan. C'mon Friday energy... let's do this!!
    I meant by not buy.
    I go back and forth between thinking it's a sure thing and thinking there is no way.
    I’m going to keep thinking it’s a sure thing.
    Headline:
    Tennessee Republicans vote to keep KKK leader bust in Capitol

Good. I hope they all get voted out of office.
    How can you call yourselves The Party of Lincoln and constantly stand up for Confederate iconography?
    Yeah, I’m not enthusiastic about voting for Biden, but I am enthusiastic about voting President Fuckface out of office.
    Pundits talk about the ‘enthusiasm gap,’ but I think most of them are confused about what Dems are enthusiastic about.
    I’ve done nothing today except lay here on the sofa scrolling through news stories and posting on crappity. I don’t need pot to be a lazy sod.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Attaboy!! I would if I could.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
    Shouldn't you be practicing your guitar?
    edited June 2020
    Yes, that’s something I should be doing, but Zzzz...
    Still no word. On the one hand, that isn't awesome. On the other, I have come back around to feeling confident mostly thanks to taking a Xanax and chilling the fuck out.
    Yum, Xanax.
    It's probably connected to being suddenly not stoned, but I'm definitely feeling sadder than usual today. I had some disturbing dreams last night featuring my ex. Maybe that has something to do with it? Listened to Purple Mountains, Maybe I'm the Only One for Me, which didn't help, but to quote another Dave Berman song, "That's just the way that I feel."
    OK. I dragged out the trampoline and did 30 minutes of hopping. I’ve been doing strength exercise 3 days a week with push ups and pull ups every other day, but I haven’t done any bouncing since I don’t know when. Going from not doing it at all to a 30 minute session is not something I’d recommend. The last 29 minutes were somewhat agonizing. Totally kicked my ass, but I was able to lose the extra sad. Maybe I can start hopping a few days a week.
    I guess crappiteers do family stuff on Saturdays.
    Purple Mountains is terrific music but it is an express train to feeling sad.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
    I guess crappiteers do family stuff on Saturdays.
    Yeah, I went out with Little S. and I played guitar. Sorry, Ev.
    No man, you should be doing stuff with Little S. on Saturday.

Daniel Johnston is also hot wheels to sadness.

I listened to the new Built to Spill album of D. Johnston’s songs. It’s good, although I’d probably like it more if I’d never listened to Daniel Johnston.
    Guitar practice is still happening, but I’m not spending as much time on it as before. Hitting alternating bass strings using a pick is kinda tricky. Some days I do ok, and some days I make lots of mistakes. I need to spend less time getting sucked into the news vortex on the Internets.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    If I had a nice acoustic I'd be playing more.