Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It sucked a little more without weed.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    So much waiting.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Ohhhhh... Dang. That is a lot of time to stew.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    Waiting sucks.

I’m starting to think my typos are my phone’s fault rather than mine.

Or I’m just better at texting messages when I’m stoned.
    I’ve been texting with a friend who’s in recovery for much heavier stuff than weed. So glad I never went down those roads.
    I never injected anything into my veins. Never was tempted to, or at least I was never hanging out with people who were doing that when I would’ve been tempted to.
    edited June 2020
    Same. I'm also super glad I never did any coke, since it turns out I am ADHD and the addiction rates for us and that drug are bananas.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited June 2020
    Awww, it looks like wingnuts are mad at the supremos.

We don't get this kind of satisfaction much these days.
    Never had any interest in hard drugs. My body is a temple, and I won't let drugs enter my temple.

Besides, I would never let a drug addiction interfere with my music addiction.
    I used to think I liked cocaine. I liked it when it was good, but then it stopped being good, but I did it anyway. After that, all that was available was meth, and I hated that...but did it anyway. I think the last time I messed with it was about 3 years ago when I found a little baggie with just a bit in it. It was nice for about 15 minutes and then I spent the rest of the day wishing I had more. I wouldn’t go looking for it, but if someone showed up at my house and put a couple of lines in front of me, I’m sure I’d do it. My body is a den of iniquity.
    Meth and heroin are about the only ones I haven't touched. I think E is the only thing I'd like to do again. LSD and shrooms take too long, coke is terrible these days, and original Home drummer Sean and I took a vow a very long time ago to not do opiates anymore. Unfortunately he couldn't stick to it and it killed him. So I don't see myself making any exceptions to that rule at this point.
    Damn. That's a horrible story. I can see why that would discourage you from making any exceptions. I had an excruciatingly painful toothache a few weeks ago and took one of my mom's hydrocodone pills. It worked.
    I would do hallucinogens again in a hot second.
    But strangely, none of the other middle aged suburbanite parents I know seem to use them or know how to get them.
    I never liked pot, weirdly. It's fine and all, but it makes me feel lazy and stupid and inclined to overeat. Never needed help with any of that.

Alcohol, on the other hand, makes me convinced I am the smartest person in the world.
    A good friend of mine has a yard full of various types of hallucinogenic cacti. His latest project involved stewing them and letting the mixture evaporate over several weeks. He then rolled resulting resin into marble sized spheres. It allows for exact dosages and lets you skip the puking-your-brains-out phase of normal cactus usage.

I MIGHT be interested there, because it was such a labor of love for him.
    That does sound like it could make for an interesting 8 hours or more.

The first thing that happened when I got to my mom’s was that she handed me her pipe and asked me to see if I could get a hit. I had to remind her that I wasn’t smoking and she rolled her eyes and frowned at me.
    Your mom misses her drug buddy.
    She's gonna be calling you a narc soon.
    She’ll have her buddy back at some point. I have no intention of quitting. I’ve only hit the pause button.
    I need to mow my lawn.
    104537862_3402745286415874_5480536697827256444_n.jpg
    552 x 508 - 59K
    Stacey had to go into her office in Arlington to pack up her stuff (PBS is moving to new headquarters as all of this is going on.)

I realize that I have not been alone in three months. It feels very weird.
    edited June 2020
    Never alone is pretty much the default state for me now.
    You’re not alone. Jesus is always with you, but he’s mute, immobile, and invisible so it’s easy to forget he’s there.
    I’m pretty much always alone except when I go to la casa de mi madre. I think I’ve forgotten how to be around other people.
    Even if Tilda goes somewhere, Simon usually doesn't. even if he does, the dog usually doesn't.
    edited June 2020
    Ev, you need a dog. Or a cat. Or a girlfriend. But a pet is usually easier to find.
    Goldfish?
    Budgies are cute.