Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I’ve reached a level of contentment with being single.

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    I know he was really old, but aw man, Carl Reiner died.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    A local hip hop artist that I like quite a lot: the master of the turntable Kid Koala. His Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is great and funny.
    edited June 2020
    I had to google who that was. Rob Reiner's dad!
    I managed to get myself up to the polling station to vote for the Dem who’s going to end up losing to that asshat John Cornyn.
    And Amy McGrath got the nod in Kentucky. Damn.
    edited July 2020
    Although she's really not my kind of Democrat, I will be quite happy if she manages to beat McConnell.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    edited June 2020
    I still listen to some MF Doom. I really like that King Geedorah record.
    edited June 2020
    Have we talked about Rafael Saadiq in here? I never get tired of him.
    You mean Take Me to Your Leader? Dumile has too many aliases. My favorite record of his is probably Vaudeville Villain.
    Love that one, too.
    edited June 2020
    The funniest was when there were impostor MFDooms in copies of his mask who would pantomime like they were performing for the crowd.
    edited June 2020
    Really? I didn't know that. Was that a gimmick, or was he trying to get out of performing?
    edited June 2020
    He says Doom is a character and sometimes he "might" decide to direct another performer in the role. There are a bunch of vids on YT of fake/impostor Dooms. There may also have been cases of others doing it as a scam, or in a few cases, bc it was easier than giving the audience their money back when Dumile didn't show.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    I absolutely loved the Reiner Steve Martin movies.
    Rand Paul To Federal Health Officials: 'We Shouldn't Presume That A Group Of Experts Somehow Knows What's Best'

Yeah, experts. What do they know, right?
    edited July 2020
    Texas bar owners protest the shutting down of bars by Gov. Abbott

Could someone tell the brainiacs in the link above that Texas had yet another record new case day (close to 7000 cases)?
    That was fully worth my time and attention. Thank you.
    The first 45 seconds or so had me cracking up. Thank you for that.
    Could someone tell the brainiacs in the link above that Texas had yet another record new case day (close to 7000 cases)?
    Yep. That’s my state. Buncha freakin’ idjits.
    edited July 2020
    More new COVID-19 cases in Arizona today (population 7MM) than the entire European Union (population 446 MM).
    I'm in the unenviable position of strongly suggesting to A____ that he skip his next semester at CMU. We failed. There's no safe way for them to open up campus in any meaningful way. He'd be paying a fortune to stay at home and take Zoom classes. That might work for engineering majors, but not music or any performing art.

Thankfully I started this conversation a while ago, and he seemed to agree that if it's going to look like the end of Spring semester, it wasn't worth it to him.
    Ugh. My school district is going to send us all back August 6th. Crazy Texas.

All cable channels should be obligated to warn viewers before airing those damn ASPCA ads. I can’t handle seeing those at all.
    This is turning out to be an expensive month. I decided to pay for my home owner’s insurance all at once rather than monthly. After that, I found out my dental insurance won’t cover the procedure I had to have done. Then yesterday, my downstairs a/c unit stopped working. Looks like I picked the wrong time to stop sniffing glue.
    Eesh. So sorry.

Yeah, we got hit with some big ass vet bills when three of our cats all got sick in a matter of a few days.

Had to chuck out plans to get a new guest room (my snore jail) bed.
    edited July 2020
    That's a straight up hassle. Sorry, man.

Anybody doing anything fun for the holiday?
    Hauling dirt into garden beds in a heat wave. :(
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    S____ is dog-sitting the next few days so I am home completely alone (except for the cats) until Sunday night. Fucking BORED! Guess I'll finish that painting.
    Yeah, unemployment benefits are so good right now I have more money in the bank than I've had probably ever. If my luck runs true to form something will come up that makes me have to spend all of it. Hopefully they extend the benefits til the end of the year because I could have like $10,000 saved up. Time to invest? Do you guys have any investments? I know nothing about that shite.
    I noticed water coming out from beneath the fridge. Figured out it was the water line to the ice-maker. Found the leak on the tube and have been trying to fix it but so far no luck. So I turned the water line off and bought some ice-cube trays. Problem solved.