Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I’ve reached a level of contentment with being single.

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Also earned a little extra scratch filling in for Stan at work for two weeks. Got paid under the table so that's nice.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Funny you should ask. Our next door neighbor showed up in our backyard yesterday evening completely unannounced (which was slightly offputting these days) but he's a nice guy and he was trying to avoid his in-laws that were visiting.

He works at an investment firm, and with no provocation announced that energy is where to invest right now. Any kind. Renewable is fine if you don't want to support fossil fuels.

I don't do any direct investing. The most I do is shift around my high-risk low-risk percentages on my 401k.
    I noticed water coming out from beneath the fridge. Figured out it was the water line to the ice-maker. Found the leak on the tube and have been trying to fix it but so far no luck. So I turned the water line off and bought some ice-cube trays. Problem solved.
    Same here. Never looked back.

We have S____'s grandma's 50's era ice trays. The sturdy metal kind with the lever in the middle. Thngs make damn fine ice cubes.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    This is why it's a bummer I don't live in y'all's towns. I would love to help.

Somehow I have become Old Dude Who Knows How to Fix Things. I fixed my fridge in May. Replaced the condenser fan. (Though I did have to hire a guy to install a line heater so it would stop freezing over.)

Yesterday, I replaced the thermal fuse on my Instant Pot.

And last weekend, I helped a friend change the GFI plug on her ac.
    I'm squeamish with electrical stuff. I've gotten decent with plumbing and general fixitry.
    Herman Cain has COVID19. He was at the Tulsa rally, unmasked and not socially distancing.
    Nothing? Come on. That's fucking funny.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited July 2020
    I had forgotten about him, so I had to google who that was.

I know, it is tempting to wish he gets horrific lung damage, but I think we should "take the high road", so to speak. I mean, the poor man's already morally crippled!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Remember? I’ve taken a break from the high road. Die, Herman, die!!! HA HA HA!!!

Of course I’m only joking. I feel kinda weird now. I almost wanna delete that.

I can’t recall ever feeling patriotic. I’ve never owned a flag and I feel uncomfortable when people chant USA! USA! I think the only time I’ve felt proud of my country is when it elected Barack Obama. Right now, I feel mostly ashamed of the US. I feel like half the citizens here are morons. This 4th of July weekend, I feel like I’m sinking into one of my gloomy doomy spells. I also feel hot because my downstairs a/c isn’t working and I haven’t heard from the repair guy.
    I also think my iPhone 5 is starting to crap out and that I’m gonna have to get a new phone. I spend a lot of time on my phone scrolling through news stories, entering Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes, texting, crappitizing, and listening to music. I don’t want to spend a bunch of money on a new phone. I understand iPhones since it’s the only brand I’ve owned. They’re just so expensive. Maybe an iPhone 8? I don’t know. I hope you guys have a nice weekend.
    I'm really missing cable tv these days.
    I've been thinking that the argument for wearing masks is to protect others from yourself is the wrong take. I mean, I know it's correct but I think a lot of people don't give a shit about protecting others. Maybe it'd be better to change the line to wear a mask to protect yourself. I don't know if I mentioned but we've been seeing a lot of black people not wearing masks. Not sure what's up with that. But really mostly what I see is dumb rednecks not wearing masks.
    Maybe some people actually want to get the virus?
    Tripp, you can get free demos of Philo, Sling, YouTube TV, and AT&T TV Now. Between them you can probably watch cable the rest of the summer.
    Between the Roku and all the stuff on the SmartTV it's almost like having cable. Pluto and Vumo is close to the same interface as cable. Also, like cable, there's a whole bunch of nothing on.
    Vumo? Vudu? Xumo? I can't remember.
    Tubi is another.
    My TV is old and stupid.
    edited July 2020
    fsharetv.co has some good stuff. If you type in .com, it’s in Korean. .co gives you titles in English.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    Kid Koala is the one local musician I sometimes think of. Every time I walk past Beatnick Records a few blocks from here, because he said once that that was his favourite place to get LPs.

People ask me if Arcade Fire ever shop where I work, but I wouldn't recognize any of the twenty members other than the two leads. Apparently, they used to, but I never see them. I do see AIDS Wolf every once in a while.

Oh, and apparently Mac DeMarco used to work my very position there, but I find his popularity mystifying. I listened to three albums of his heard maybe one song on each that wasn't completely forgettable.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    damnit, I want to hear the Steve Miller thing even though I hate that song.
    A/C repair was less than $150, so hooray for that.
    I had no idea Daveed Diggs, the guy who co-wrote and starred in Blindspotting was part of the cast of Hamilton. My nephew and niece were all about Hamilton for a while. They got to see it in NY and they used to listen to the soundtrack all the time. I know nothing about the stuff they’re into now. I think it’s mostly youtube celebs. They probably even knew who Byron "Reckful" Bernstein was. I wasn’t even aware of him until he made headlines when he committed suicide a few days ago. I still don’t get how he was famous enough for his suicide to merit a mention in the news.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    damnit, I want to hear the Steve Miller thing even though I hate that song.
    Yeah, the video is blocked to Canadians, surely because we don't love freedom enough or something.
    That’s really weird that you guys can’t access that. I don’t get it.
    I don't care for Mac Demarco either. Just fucking boring.
    With y'all on DeMarco. Not bad, exactly. But not memorable.
    Have yall listened to Khruangbin?
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Pretty much since Memorial Day
    0BE358AE-CFF8-4E6D-BA38-249F5A9BCAA1.jpeg
    640 x 797 - 64K