Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFF!!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Will they get their own generational tag? Or will Gen Z just absorb this?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I escaped the layoffs. I still have a job.
    Yassssss King!!!!!!!!!!!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Hooray!!!
    Will they get their own generational tag?
    I think it's catchy enough to replace Gen Z.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Awesome news. Jeff.
    The other night one of our cats managed to knock our tv off the shelf. It's partially my fault. I came up with a makeshift shelf so the tv could be angled towards more of the room. I was crashed out on the sofa so I was right there. Heard a big WHACK and was like Fuuuuuck. Turned it on the next morning and it was fucked up. So I went out and bought a new one yesterday. Couldn't get the one I wanted so I took the sales guy recommendation and bought an Insignia. Good tv. Didn't realize it was Amazon related. Had to go through the Preferences and turn off all of it's data-collecting abilities. Not that I was that worried about it. We're already being tracked in so many ways. But one cool feature is after you get past the broadcast channels it switches right over to PlutoTV so it's like having cable.
    And you can switch from broadcast to Netflix to youtube to DVD to the computer to whatever very easily.
    Also, I'm happy to report that everywhere I went to shop for the tv every single person I saw was masked up. That includes 1 Target, 3 Wal-Marts, and a Best Buy.
    Some people in Mempho are pissed that bars are closed again. I'm like 'JUST GET DRUNK AT HOME!' Why do you have to be at a bar?
    Chicks.
    I guess I'm lucky we have a nice home. If I was in one of my shitty apartments of days gone by I guess I'd be losing it worse than I am. Not that I'm losing it that much. Bars are too expensive anyway. And I always get shafted by the bartender.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    I escaped the layoffs. I still have a job.
    Excelsior!
    edited July 2020
    It was all the PMAs and Johnny Paychecks that did the trick. You should thank us, Jeff. Maybe even give us part of your next paycheck.
    Or at least some bitcoin.
    I guess I'm lucky we have a nice home.
    Ditto. It would have driven me bonkers. Plus the rent in Montreal is too damn high.
    I hate wasting mental energy on thinking about things I should’ve done or said. I’m trying to recognize it and stop it as soon as I catch myself doing it.

I also hate heat. I don’t know what to do about that.
    edited July 2020
    It looks like the Dunning-Kruger administration has entered a Covid-19 vicious circle of doom. The news is so bad that facing reality would force them to admit they totally fucked up, so they have to deny reality. But the more they do that, the worse their fuck ups become and the more they have to deny reality.
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    104705109_2784464151813552_8133809811355206078_o.jpg
    1077 x 1024 - 100K
    Maybe you guys can help me out with something. I haven't updated the OS on my Mac ever and I really need to. I'm running Snow Leopard right now. Do I need to install every subsequent OS to get up to date or can I go right to the latest one? The main reason I haven't updated is I'm worried a new OS might not let me run my graphics programs which I pretty much stole from work years ago.
    edited July 2020
    You can go right to the latest one but... You need to make sure your machine can handle the latest one. Plus, there's no guarantee that the new OS will let you run your old graphics programs. Last time I upgraded my MacBook, I lost the really old version of photoshop I nicked from my university a long, long time ago.
    MontyPythonsLifeOfBrian-69rjU4u4-subtitled.jpg
    700 x 394 - 63K
    It’s a nice flower.

Rhododendron
    Is a nice flower
    Evergreen
    It lasts forever
    But it can't beat Strand power

It took me a while, but I got there.
    Good job!

I met a chick who plays in a band last night. I’m supposed to see her again sometime today, but the thing is, I’m also attending this conference. So I don’t know what I’m supposed to do about the conflict in scheduling. That was the dream I was having right before I woke up.
    At least there’s someplace I can meet chicks who seem to dig me.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I'm watching Sorry We Missed You the new Ken Loach movie about the gig economy and I'm ready to burn capitalism to the fucking ground, y'all.

And I would, except I have to go to work for a major corporation tomorrow and sell shit.

(sigh)
    I have the same issue with my studio Mac. Years ago a friend gave me an absolute mountain of effects and sound libraries. So I'm 10.6 ride or die.
    edited July 2020
    We watched Irresistible last night. The new Jon Stewart movie. It had funny stuff in it. Some surprises. Definitely had some late nineties/early oughties Late Night/War Room vibes to it.

Casting Chris Cooper in his role was absolute genius. I've missed him.