Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I had a cat named Jarvis because I was really into Pulp.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,472
    I also don't listen to much that rocks. At a given time, I have one album by Grifters or GBV in my rotation and something else a little newer (Japandroids, Car Seat Headrest, Iceage, whatever), but everything else I listen to is much more relaxed.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    edited July 2020
    I’ve been listening to a lot of Yo La Tengo for the last week or so. Also, some Mekons. I checked out an album by The Advertisements, but it didn’t bowl me over.
    I find Yo La Tengo to be somewhat comforting.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Thank god. We finally found a flat for A_____. In two days he had to choose on or off campus. He and a friend found an offcampus spot. Which we sort of demanded knowing the high likelihood that things will spike again and they'll clear out the dorms once more. This way he can be with his troops, even if things slant online again.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    I find Yo La Tengo to be somewhat comforting.
    I'm still a fan too.
    They sort of fell off my regular spins for a few years, but S___ loves them, so they're back and I'm completely good with that.
    Georgia comes from a family of brilliant experimental animators. If you haven't already, definitely treat yourself to some of their shorts.
    edited July 2020
    Will do.

I have a friend who has a friend who makes his own CBD oil. She says it works, and it’s significantly cheaper than anything I’ve seen online. I’m gonna give it a go and see if it does any good.

I’m not crawling out of my skin, but I seem to be on edge most of the time. I used to take my mom’s Xanax when I’d get like this. Now I don’t think it’d be good to deal with getting off one benzo by taking a different benzo. Why does everything have to be so damn difficult? I wanna know who made that rule.
    Xanax = mother’s little helper
    Which Mekons are you on, Ev,?
    The most recent, Jura, Heaven & Hell., Existentialism, Rock ‘n’ Roll. I go back to the Mekons pretty often. I appreciate them more now than I did way back when.
    One thing that’s different about listening to stuff online is that I no longer know the names of songs. Back when I listened to albums and cds, I’d hold the cover and read about the songs. It really is so different now.
    Last night was my first night using cbd. I woke up once or twice during the night, but I didn’t get out of bed til after 8:00. It’s the latest I’ve slept in for a couple of months.
    That sounds promising.
    I’m pretty freaked out by the upcoming election. Maybe most people who pay attention to politics feel the same. Fuckers wanna prosecute people for burning flags, but they’re perfectly ok with a sitting president saying he’s not sure if he’ll accept the results of the election. I guess if he wins he’ll accept it and if he loses he won’t.
    Last night a dream I had included a meme. It's the first time that's happened that I can recall.

So I decided to create it IRL.
    yoba.jpg
    544 x 1221 - 146K
    Don’t know what it means!
    Me either. But if I start to post less here, it's because I've been consumed by Lovecraftian madness.
    Y'know, I don't think I've read any Lovecraft.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I haven't either.
    I wanted to jump on my trampoline today, but my knees are a bit achy. Probably not the best decision, but I'm gonna hop anyway. Just gotta find the proper soundtrack.
    edited July 2020
    Warning: Lovecraft's style is an acquired taste. He liked over-the-top constructions and using and abusing adjectives, so his prose can get on the nerves of the more high-minded readers.

And, of course, the narrator always loses his mind at the end.

My favorite of his is probably At the mountains of madness.
    I love The Mekons so much.
    edited July 2020
    Y'all might find this interesting... An informal study in how many people remember various hit songs...
    In my opinion, that's good evidence that pop music has always been shit.
    edited July 2020

The clever people at The Hood Internet made a project they're calling '79-'89. For each of the eleven years, they're making a three minute long mashup that combines fifty songs from that year.

Super enjoyable.
    I bounced to the Royal Trux album, Thank You. Never really listened to them before. It was fine for trampoline, but doubt it'll get much airplay in the car.

Reading a rural grit lit book called Cold, Quiet Country . Lately, I seem to go back and forth between British history and books about unpleasant people in rural settings.
    More dumb shit tha made me laugh:
    70538238_2512029435723693_5928947226775650304_n.jpg
    400 x 400 - 20K
    If I can hang on to my job for just 5 more years, I’ll be eligible for retirement. Maybe I’ll move to Costa Rica.