Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think he coulda been a big star.

124»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited August 2020
    Ah! I didn't realise that Robert Sheehan (Klaus in U. Academy) also played Nathan in Misfits! Similar characters, so it figures.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,279
    I’ve gotta figure out how to do online teaching with Microsoft Teams and Google Classroom. It would be nice if we had some kind of workshop to help us figure it out, but no, there will be no training. Just going to have to go to YouTube and see what I can learn there. The school district is using something called Canvas. I did 22 hours of mandated workshops for that. Adult Ed is not using Canvas. Freakin’ ridiculous.
    ASTEROID!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,497
    Misfits is one of the great unheralded shows.
    Actually we probably will retire to Romania.
    That sounds like a good plan. Better start learning Romanian.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    S___ works for the public library system. They have her stationed at a branch in a uh, not-so-great part of town (Parkway Village). Place is pretty nuts and she's been losing her mind. Today apparently an old black couple came in to use the copying machine and they needed help so she went to help and she said they were kinda crowding around her. What were they copying? A doctor's note that says the old guy is positive with the fucking virus. So now we're trying to reason out whether or not they were copying a forgery which some people have been doing so they get paid leave from work. If dude really does have the virus why is he out in public (one answer is he's an inconsiderate moron). And his wife doesn't seem too worried about catching it apparently. I hate this fucking bullshit. Working at a god-damn library shouldn't be this insane. Of course we want her to find another job BUT...... Where?
    Jesus. Is S___ getting tested right away? Hope so.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    Why are people in Montreal wearing Trump shirts? Maybe I should get a José Mujica shirt.
    Because this QAnon shit has spread all over the world and it claims that Trump is leading the fight against the pedo elite. It's becoming a huge issue in Europe, too, where the far right has begun to use it as a recruiting tool against the 'globalists' (the left).

It isn't fringe anymore. There are now millions of pro-QAnon accounts on Facebook and the numbers are growing by the thousands every day now.

There was a massive uptick yesterday as the name change to "SaveOurChildren" began to swing normies and Boomers to the endless number of QAnon and Pizzagate and Pedogate videos circulating on all platforms. Influencers have been pushing it on Instagram, god who knows who was pushing Pizzagate on TikTok Zoomers, but it went big...

I suspect that the campaign to re-elect Trump is behind some of this rapid acceleration. I believe they are seeing the numbers for November don't look good and are pouring fire on the most hysterical and radical elements to see if they can create chaos.

I mean, this is why I think that Pizzagate was pushed by the Trump election team back in 2016. They didn't think they had a chance in hell on winning, so they set out to create a paranoid reactionary shitshow that would make governing hell for Clinton.
    Jesus. I mean, it sounds like the forgery thing is a more likely scenario, but not knowing must be hell.
    And...uh...Kamala, eh?

Well, the Montreal media will be going bonkers about the fact that she went to Westmount High and her mom taught at McGill.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    I despise 2020 already, but the rise of a fictitious pedo-elite is just the fucking icing on the cake.
    In happier thoughts, that Covid synthphony that I told you I was getting really frustrated with took a turn for the better. I called in a ringer and had A_____ rewrite a big chunk of it. We recorded it this morning as a live six handed (E___ and I jumping in on the layered arpeggio part) piano piece.

Brought him back to Pennsylvania this afternoon and we move him permanently to Pittsburgh next weekend, so it was a joyful end to their visit.
    Tripp, that is absolute garbage. Don't even know where to start.
    So QAnon is going to take over the world? Fuck Costa Rica. I need to move to a different planet.

I used to want to work at a library. Now, not so much. I had no idea Covid-19 forgery was a thing. Goes without saying, but I hope those people didn’t give y’all the virus.

MSNBC is having orgasms over K. Harris.
    I'm sorry if anything I said came across badly.
    Oh, and congrats on making progress with the symphony!
    I think she's ok. And the thing is we've ALL been around asymptomatic carriers whether we know it or not. And yeah, she got tested immediately afterwards but A. we won't know for a few days and B. It's probably too soon to get tested right?
    People DO go to that library and forge shit ALL the time. But S__ said usually they do their cutting and pasting there. I said 'maybe they're first timers.'
    Yes. I wish I had a symphony to work on. I miss music-making a lot.
    I have a joke about recursion. If you are interested, I have a joke about recursion.
    Not a fan of forgery in general, but the way we're getting fucked over by all levels of government, I'm kinda ok with Covid forgeries to keep you alive/housed.