Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a joke about recursion.

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 624
    edited August 2020
    Good luck Jeff knock them dead off their feet with your talents

And I’ve been saying this a long time the dicktater won’t leave

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/michael-cohen-book-claims-trump-colluded-russia-will-never-leave-n1236693?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,625
    Capn I have a Bernie sign in my front window from the last election :)
    Nice. Never not a good time to remind folks that tito Bernie has your back.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited August 2020
    I still have that shirt that says "Bernie: Because fuck this shit." Found that via you Kim, when you posted Jason Lowenstein sharing them.

But it's a 3X I bought before I lost weight, so it fits me like I'm a child and it's my dad's shirt. So I only wear it to sleep in.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Fuck all of these people who enabled him, sat on the incriminating stuff they knew, and waited until they got a book deal.
    Word.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Apparently Mark Kozelek isn’t a smooth operator. I vow to continue not listening to his music.
    Trump is dead set on sabotaging the postal service and there doesn’t seem to be anything that anyone can do about it. Why is that?
    Apparently Mark Kozelek isn’t a smooth operator. I vow to continue not listening to his music.
    Why is it always the first person you'd expect?
    edited August 2020
    Trump is dead set on sabotaging the postal service and there doesn’t seem to be anything that anyone can do about it. Why is that?
    He's spent four years gradually increasing the severity and obviousness of his misdeeds while constantly getting away with all of it.

Also, a huge chunk of not especially politically engaged people are experiencing scandal fatigue and are either giving up or buying into the idea that he couldn't possibly be this crooked so it must be a smear campaign.
    edited August 2020
    My house is no help, because when I ask my spouse what we're supposed to do she keeps bringing up the Ceaușescus on Christmas Day 1989.

Basically, she thinks this ends with violence in the streets.
    Maybe that can work in a country like Romania because a) it’s pretty small b) the vast majority of its citizens were united
    I don’t really know if ‘b)’ is factual. I just made that one up.
    edited August 2020
    What did he do this time? He's been behaving like a douchebag for a long time. And I say this as someone who's a big Red House Painters fan. I also like some of his Sun Kill Moon records, but pretty much everything he has put out under his own name in the last decade or so is self-indulgent shit.

I try to keep the artist and the art separated, but if the artist is a jerk and the art is crap, well...
    edited August 2020
    The differentiating factor is probably that military service is compulsory in Romania. So when they called in armed dudes to quelch the uprising, they weren't calling in puffed up gun nuts who'd been waiting for a chance to kick some ass. They were calling in regular people on a two year hiatus from school/work who had zero interest in shooting other regular people.

Trump doesn't even have to call in the military. He can call in the poorly trained overly excited dickholes from DHS.
    edited August 2020
    As for Kozelek, it's another example of how those "fearlessly admitting all of my faults and untoward thoughts" male artists have a tendency to still be hiding that one extra layer: sexual predator.

I'm getting pretty wary of those dudes. Call it Louis CK Disease.
    So what did Kozelek or however you spell it do? I don’t know and like to know
    Operation Legend is now in Indianapolis because our mayor is Democratic. I live near downtown where the gestapo will be ...
    Operation Legend is now in Indianapolis because our mayor is Democratic. I live near downtown where the gestapo will be ...
    Ugh! Stay safe, Kim. Unless you don't want to, and in that case, you have my full support! Either way, good luck.
    It’s too hot for protesting.
    edited August 2020
    Call for the potential new job went well. He said I won't need to interview again and job should be ready by Labor Day. I am "one of a few candidates" so no guarantee, but he sounded very primed to hire me.

Fingers crossed
    Mine too. I hope you get that job, Jeff.
    This job pays more in base than I make total right now and double the commission rate I am paid now on top.
    So what's everyone doing this weekend?

(I remember when we could go places and do stuff and this was a more fun question to ask and answer.)
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Nothing.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    S___ tested negative btw.
    That’s good news!

I’m going to my mom’s and later I’m supposed to have a three-way on the phone with Pogo! and JSG. A three-way conversation.

Oh, and happy birthday, Evan!
    Hooray for negative! That's a relief,man.
    edited August 2020
    Happy birthday, Ev!
    ¡Gracias, mi amigo!