Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a joke about recursion.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Joyeux anniversaire, Ev!
    hookersandblowtee.jpg
    420 x 525 - 86K
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Thank you. I like the t-shirt.

I’m one of those guys who’s never hired a hooker. Never even considered doing it and can’t relate at all to the concept. Money spent on hookers = less money available for blow.

This morning I’m having a hard time finding the motivation to exercise. Ugh.
    edited August 2020
    I ended up exercising without being motivated.

I want something new and trippy to watch on either Netflix or Amazon Prime. Got any suggestions?
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I don't know how easy it is to find but LEGION is really trippy. It was on FX. Loosely set in the X-men universe.
    On Netflix there's a doc about LSD which is hilarious. Can't remember the exact title. Hold on.
    Have a Good Trip.
    Thank you, sir.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Lovecraft Country premiered on HBO tonight and it was some exciting stuff.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Money spent on hookers = less money available for blow.
    I need this in needlepoint.
    My planned lazy Sunday afternoon went sideways. Finishing up my last load of laundry (and last task of the day) the dryer started flashing the Check Lint warning and wouldn't run.

The screen was fine so I peeped down into the screen hole and the bottom was stuffed. Tried various implements to try to scoop it all out but it was not working out, so I decided to open up the front panel (into the hidden zone) and MF was completely filled with lint, the ENTIRE cavity. That was easy enough empty out and vacuum, but there was no pathway into the screen area.

Finally found a handvac with an attachment that I could shove down there and cleaned it all up.

But the light won't stop blinking and the dryer won't run while that's the case.

soooo... fuck.
    Is it clogged in the exhaust/exit tube that runs out of the house to release the air, too?
    Cleared that out not too long ago, but definitely worth checking. Thanks.
    This concludes today's episode of DadTalk. If you enjoyed, please remember to like and subscribe.
    9 hours of driving and 90 minutes of setup, and A___ is now officially in his first apt.

The place is much bigger than I anticipated. Hell of a lot better than my first.
    I live in an old wooden house that’s needs so much repair. I’ve divided up repairs into two categories: Things that’ll get worse if they’re not fixed and Things that are just plain fucked up.
    The exterior of the house falls into the first category. I need old rotting wood replaced and repainted. I can’t afford to get the whole exterior done and I don’t want to take out a loan, so I’m saving to have it done one side at a time. I’m having the first side of the house done this week. Just 3 sides to go!
    My weekend had a smaller scale but similar issue. I was planning to plow through the accumulated dirty laundry but the first load came out smelling weird. I found that some of the filters in the washer were clogged. That had led to a bunch of mold. So I had to take a bunch of pieces out, clean them, put them back, then run a cycle to flush it out.

Works now, but I am still not done with the laundry.

Hey remember when we just talked about drugs, movies, and rock n' roll?
    The only thing I can say about drugs is that I don’t know where to get them now. Probably for the best.
    Has anyone seen the movie, Guns Akimbo? I started watching it last night. I’m not very far into it.
    I watched a bit. It was energetic, but it has a kind of video game attitude/vibe to it that didn't hold my attention. I hadn't ruled out going back to it though.

Does it get better?
    edited August 2020
    Did I mention that movie Infinity Chamber? It's on Amazon Prime. Interesting little puzzle box sci-fi flick. Hadn't heard of it, stumbled across it and enjoyed. A guy wakes up in a high tech prison cell with no idea how or why he got there. His only company is the disembodied voice coming from the surveillance camera.

Sleeper pick.
    Anybody tune in last night?

Bernie and Michelle were both great in their own way. I have a hard time connecting to Cuomo.

Lil' heavy on the Bruce. I hope that's not going to soundtrack the entire week.
    I didn’t tune in, though I’ve read a lot about it today. I did watch the rest of Guns Akimbo. I wouldn’t say avoid it, but I wouldn’t recommend it either. It made me feel a little bad for Daniel Radcliffe.
    Not much is being asked of me for work except that I become familiar with Google Classroom and Microsoft Teams. I haven’t been taking advantage of this time to learn about them. I just hate not being able to be a classroom teacher and online learning is such bullshit. I’ve gotta find a way to get my head in the game even though I hate this game. I mean, this is my livelihood.
    I'm just glad you don't have to risk your life to work.
    That fake GOP convention speakers list came out with Nugent, Baio, Diamond & Silk, etc. and the Repubs were all "HEY THAT IS INSULTING AND A HOAX. We wouldn't do anything that stupid. No, no. Our speakers are that racist kid in a MAGA hat who mocked native Americans and that crazy gun couple from Missouri."
    Don’t forget the My Pillow guy. I’m sure he’ll make an appearance.
    Sean Hannity and maybe James Woods.
    Possibly Susan Sarandon.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    A former co-worker of mine's band just popped up in my Facebook feed in a group of strangers who are mostly from the US, and the person who posted it said that it was the "best indie single of the year?" .

Then I saw the comments in the YouTube thread for the music video and saw that Marc Riley (former Fall) played the song on his BBC radio show. Jesus. Still, I can't help but think 2020 is a bad year to start breaking big.

• matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    Sorry to hear about your mom, Kim. PMAs away!