Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Married to Minecraft.

Comments

• I only fuck with Alexa.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Something creeps me out about its having that name.

So Trump keeps telling people to vote twice. Seems pretty fucked up to me that this isn’t proof that something’s not right in his head and that he should be Article 25ed immediately.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited September 2020
    Hey remember Brexit? Of course you do! I know, I know, nobody talks about Brexit anymore, even though it kicks in fully on Dec. 31!

Some new developments: Brexit: Boris Johnson to override EU withdrawal agreement
    Boris Johnson is drawing up legislation that will override the Brexit withdrawal agreement on Northern Ireland, a move that threatens the collapse of crunch talks which the prime minister has said must be completed within five weeks.

Johnson will put an ultimatum to negotiators this week, saying the UK and Europe must agree a post-Brexit trade deal by 15 October or Britain will walk away for good.

But progress on the already fragile talks will be threatened by plans revealed on Sunday for the UK government to publish a controversial section of the internal market bill on Wednesday that will intentionally try to unpick parts of the withdrawal agreement signed in January. It will include elements of the special arrangements for Northern Ireland that are legally binding.
    I totally don't get this. If it's a negotiation tactic, it's the weirdest tactic, I mean, it comes down to "gives us what we want or we'll hurt ourselves"?!
    Dumb shit that made me laugh:
    similarities.jpg
    510 x 483 - 38K
    Where is everybody?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Present!
    I’m here.
    I don’t think I’m ready for online dating yet. Too many people seem to be working some kind of angle. Lots of people “looking for a soulmate.” I don’t need to find my soulmate, whatever the fuck that means. I just want to have a coffee and conversation. Being single and lonely with no prospects sucks.
    If you’re over 50 and your photo looks like you’re 35, something’s not quite right. Also, way too many believers and not enough agnostics/atheists.
    Do those sites let you filter ahead of time? Like, only show me 40-55 atheists who aren't looking for soulmates?
    If you’re willing to pay for the service, maybe it’s possible.
    Ah. The "premium" model.
    Arrrrrgh... now I've got "Atheist Dating Sites" in my search history.

I swear, sometimes it's like you're not even married.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Just look for "Who's down to fuck?" Them Christian girls get FREAKY!
  • Arrrrrgh... now I've got "Atheist Dating Sites" in my search history.

I swear, sometimes it's like you're not even married.
    SERIOUSLY.
    edited September 2020
    I've just gave my first ever ZOOM class ever this morning. I FUCKING HATED IT!

Three hour class, the connection went down once, grumble, grumble...

I did my best to keep things alive, but not being able to judge the mood of the room drives me spare.

How the fuck can someone believe this is a good way to teach anything?
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    New DUNE trailer is up. Looks pretty good.
    Sounds rough. I think people only think it's a good way to teach in comparison with y'know.. dying.

Pretty low bar.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited September 2020
    It's easier for kids who make even a half-assed effort, so I don't know how much they're actually learning. S____ has straight 100's across the board so far.

That's not a humblebrag. I'm telling you my slack ass kid is coasting because it's mostly just checking a box.

I'm still making him read Howard Zinn on the side just so I feel like it isn't a wasted year.
    edited September 2020
    New DUNE trailer is up. Looks pretty good.
    It does look cool. I really, really want that to be good! I liked Arrival and Blade Runner 2049, so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Agreed. Just watched and got pumped.

Let's hope we can open theaters before our nation has slid into apocalyptic chaos.
  • I am watching The Platform on Netflix.it isn't subtle, but it is good
    Woke up at 4:00 feeling pretty gloomy. I hate my brain.
  • Summer made distancing way more tolerable.

I think as fall/winter come on, my people are going to be lonelier and other people we know are going to be way less careful.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited September 2020
    I hate when our dog barks like an idiot. But I always thought shock collars were savage and cruel. A friend told us about a collar that doesn't use electricity, just a vibration. We thought we'd give it a shot.

It pretty much traumatized the shit out of the dog, who wasn't smart enough to know his barking was setting it off and blamed either locations (refused to go on porch bc it went off there) or people (mad at M_____ for a day bc he thought she was buzzing him).

We returned it and gave him a bunch of treats until he was happy again.
    I guess some mutts just can't be Pavlov'd.

Poor thing.
  • I heard from the good job I wanted again. They want to talk to me Monday. Here's hoping.
    Good luck, Jeff!
    :fingeez: