Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Married to Minecraft.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited September 2020
    Tilda is making bank on those masks. She's now making masks with matching dog bandannas, which people seem to dig.
    Screenshot_20200911-124929.png
    1080 x 1039 - 2M
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    That is awesome.
    Any interesting plans the weekend?

We're heading up to rural ass PA to paint S___'s dad's house. Don't mind the work at all, but the 8 hour roundtrip drive sucks a bit.
  • I'm going to be Tilda's painting buddy while she continue to redo our kitchen cabinets. I am not allowed to paint thing but I move stuff around and install things as needed.

That and I'm looking forward to drinking some nice wine. I made a deal with myself that I would stop drinking prolific amounts of cheap wine 7 days a week and would only drink nice wine on weekends.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Good luck, Jeff!
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    A spintria (plural, spintriae) is a small bronze or brass Roman token, possibly for use in brothels, although none of the literature on the spintriae contains any evidence to support this assertion. The tokens usually depict on the obverse a motif of sexual acts or symbols and a numeral in the range I - XVI on the reverse. Later called spintriae (from a Greek slang word referring to male prostitutes), they were stamped on one side with depictions of a variety of sex acts and on the other with numbers from 1 to 16. And not one contemporary record mentions them or explains what they were used for.
    coins_of_ancient_rome_4.jpg
    640 x 333 - 51K
    coins_of_ancient_rome_3.jpg
    640 x 349 - 86K
    coins_of_ancient_rome_2.jpg
    640 x 324 - 52K
    R.I.P. Frederick "Toots" Hibbert
    I've permanently deleted my facebook account. Could you please send me a private message through crappity with your email, if you don't mind, just in case crappity goes down and I need to talk to one of youse?

Even if I'm winding down my social media activity, I want to stay in touch 'cause, you know, I love you youse guys. Talking to youse actually does me good.
    R.I.P. Frederick "Toots" Hibbert
    Yeah, I saw that in the news. Bummer.
    I commend your decision to unfriend Facebook.
    I unfriended the dating sites I was spending time on. My most recent horrible depression seems to have coincided with getting on those sites. I’ve inexplicably started pining over my ex whom I haven’t seen or spoken to in more than 2 years. Starting every morning and continuing all day until I fall asleep, I’ve been beating myself up over all the mistakes I made during our marriage and also getting really angry at her for leaving me. It’s a complete waste of mental energy, but I can’t control it. It’s quite hellish.
    Also, mess that the US has become and the craziness of the election isn’t helping my mental state.
    edited September 2020
    I've hurt Facebooks feefees: I received a couple of emails asking if I was absolutely, positively, completely sure I wanted to terminate facebook with extreme prejudice, and that I should think about it and that there was still time.

They really don't want me to go. I wonder why?
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    118787472_2854499734809993_7809893718481101528_n.jpg
    484 x 308 - 29K
    We wound up bailing on the painting. Found out her sister's kids (who were coming to help) just started in-person school and we got cold feet. We're going to go later this week and finish up whatever rooms didn't get done.
    edited September 2020
    That seems like a smart move.

It's tricky right now, figuring out what you can do. We were going to go berry picking a few weeks back with friends we hadn't seen in a year and then saw their FB was full of COVID-is-fake/distancing-isn't-needed memes and we had to nope out.

That makes them sound awful, but they're very sweet people. Like family. And they're not Trumpers, they're more GMO's and flouride will kill us all conspiracy people.

That doesn't make them sound much better I guess.
    Yes. Her sister's a nurse, so I trust that she's been keeping them clean, but a large high school is just way too many points of contact for us to stomach.
    Take a gander at this!
    Grifters shirt.jpg
    540 x 360 - 58K
    Nice!
    Yeah, I've been wanting one of those for years, so when they were back on sale recently, I bought one.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    DKDC, where Scott had been a bartender, recently reopened as a New York style deli (take-out only) so I went by and got a reuben and talked to Scott briefly. Then as I was leaving Stivers was walking up with his cousin who is a local food critic. So I talked to them for a bit too. And that's about the most excitement I've had in a while.
    Sounds like a good time to me.
    More interesting than anything I've had lately.
    edited September 2020
    Spoke to the fancy job and I'm... still waiting. Job won't post for two to three weeks. They're just keeping in touch.
    edited September 2020
    Something must have changed... They listed the job this morning after all and the manager reached out to make sure I knew and applied. Maybe I will get good news soon.
    I will be continuously firing the JP cannon.
    edited September 2020
    Really, I can't complain. I'm suddenly doing very well again at A Tried & True corp and can even get a raise if I close out this month well.

BUT... This other job would still be better. And it'd be nicer getting to ride out the clock in September.

Good problems to have in 2020, I know.
  • I do a thing most Halloweens where I watch 31 horror movies. This year, to mix it up, I think I'm going to try to watch 100 horror short films.
    It’s good to have a goal.
    edited September 2020
    On the turntable this morning: Michael Rother's Flammende Herzen. Its Herr Rother's first solo record, after he was in Neu! and Harmonia.
    edited September 2020
    A real issue for me today is that I keep feeling like it's Friday, when obviously it's only Wednesday.

Shit. Tuesday.