Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will be continuously firing the JP cannon.

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I got a flu shot today.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Where'dja go? I've always gotten them at my office. Gotta figure something else out this year.
    Walgreens
    edited September 2020
    I don't usually get flu shots mainly because I never really get sick. When I do catch a bug I tend to kick its ass fairly quickly. Not taking any chances this year.
    I got allergy shots from around age 8 to around age 16. When I was a kid I had 'hayfever' and was sneezing constantly. Plants and animals were my main scourge. I got shots twice a week until I was about 13 then once a week. I always wondered if that souped up my immune system.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited September 2020
    Yeah, I don't need to see that shit, those crappy Trump people videos. No thanks.
    I don't think it'd make a difference where I live. TN is red as fuck and blue votes or opinions don't count for anything. I'd call but there's nobody listening on the other line down here.
    edited September 2020
    One upshot of living in Memphis is all parties involved understand we're a lost cause. We always vote blue and we always get outvoted by the rest of the state. So we're generally not inundated with ads. most of the political ads we see here are for Mississippi races. I could do without any of that redneck shit.
    So, since trumk is obviously going to use mail-in voting as his main con, shouldn't we all just vow to vote in person? It's simple, right? I plan on voting early and I've got that shit down. I go around 1:45 on a Thursday afternoon when there's no-one there. Easy-peasy.
  • Same plan here.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    a3b204024f84e616237589f56ba4ddea9b42410181c9c3408cc97291cf8f1d79.jpg
    423 x 380 - 15K
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    Those videos those videos are so popular is people's growing awareness that society is not built to serve them and they possess no political power with which to change this. With no hope of influencing a political outcome that helps ameliorate their lives, they are reduced to the politics of hate and resentment, most of which is aimed at people they disagree with politically who are in the same level of society as them (and thus more likely to engage with them on social media than Tom Cotton). This grievance culture has predictably exploded in the wake of the failed government response to the COVID crisis, with everyone looking for someone to blame (anti-maskers, BLM, ANTIFA, CCP).

One upshot of living in Memphis is all parties involved understand we're a lost cause. We always vote blue and we always get outvoted by the rest of the state. So we're generally not inundated with ads. most of the political ads we see here are for Mississippi races. I could without any redneck shit.
    Same here for the opposite reason. We're always Blue so nobody bothers spending money here.
    Which also makes reaching out to my Senators on easy issues like the SCOTUS seat pointless. Our guys are already on board.

I only call in for stuff that is further left like GND.
    Well, Romney is in, so I guess this thing is a go. What a shit show.
    Well, Romney is in, so I guess this thing is a go. What a shit show.
    That smarmy little shit!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I've voted early in the last 3 or 4 elections. It really is so much better than waiting in line on election day.

US reaches 200,000 coronavirus deaths amid fears for coming winter

Remember back in March, when this was the worst case scenario? It's official now!
    Did you know that a woman that lived in Montreal's south shore 'burbs has been accused of mailing poison to the White House?

Woman arrested in White House ricin case will make first court appearance today
    Those Quebecers are dangerous folks.
  • My niece was charged with as many felonies for peaceful protesting Breonna Taylor's death as the three cops who killed her were charged with combined.
    My niece was charged with as many felonies for peaceful protesting Breonna Taylor's death as the three cops who killed her were charged with combined.
    Colour me surprised!
    I wish I could be a citizen of another democratic country observing the shit show happening here rather than what I'm actually experiencing. All my stress levels are way in the red.
  • I had started to have a bunch of nagging physical issues ranging from headaches in the morning to dozing off repeatedly in the evening like a narcoleptic. Since my drinking had gone up with the pandemic, I was pretty sure what the culprit was.

So I stopped drinking during the week. I'm three weeks in on only drinking during weekends. That's the good news. The bad news is I still wake up with headaches, doze off randomly, etc. So I guess I wasn't seeing side effects from excessive drinking, I am just old and busted.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited September 2020
    The problem I am having is that the nation around me is worse than I have ever lived through as my job situation is better than ever. I want to be happy, but the news makes me sad, so I avoid the news, so I feel guilty, and on and on.
    Dude, illegitimi non carborundum, eh?
    I never studied Latin.
    I googled it. Never seen that one before.
    edited September 2020
    Really?! It's mock-latin for "don't let the bastards grind you down".