Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEVER GET CLOSER THAN SIX INCHES TO WOOD

Comments

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I think I got booted off unemployment. Filed my weekly claim this morning and it was confusing. At one point it just said my claim had expired. Fucking great.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that, Tripp.
    I don't know what's going on. I re-applied for it. It was suppose to last until March. Thankfully I have enough saved up I don't have to freak out just yet. I'm filling in for Stan at the flower shop a few days this month. Actually I went in Friday. They had a big wedding in Jackson MS. I drove a van full of flowers down there and back. They had called in most of the old gang so it was good to see everyone again and just get out of the house. They will probably need me for the holidays. Hopefully with that and this wedding (which was the most expensive one they've ever done) it means they're starting to bounce back. I asked Stan this morning if there was any chance I could come back. Waiting to hear back.
    I'd say chances are good I'll get re-instated. Who knows? the money may yet still show up in my account this week. Maybe it was a glitch on their site. I dunno. It'd be great if Congress would get off their asses and get that big boost going again. I would like to just start working again.
    I’d like to start not working from home again. My days are unstructured and I’ve stopped exercising. I work off and on all day, but I often just crawl into bed and read and sleep. I hate waking up early, but I’d like to have a normal schedule again.
    I suppose I can start watching The Boys now, so that's something to look forward to.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    120837070_2882201122039854_7682857283224419942_n.jpg
    280 x 327 - 13K
    What are you reading, Ev?
    edited October 2020
    I'm reading Recursion by Blake Crouch. It’s a page turner.
    edited October 2020
    Shit, Eddie Van Halen died! Cancer finally got him. He was 65.
    Damn. String tapping wherever he’s gone.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Weird that EVH was turning into a taller John Prine
    October 8th is National Fluffernutter Day!

I'll bet you didn't know that.
    Some asshole has reminded me that we are presently further away from Highway 61 Revisited than it was from the start of the 1st World War.

No shit, Sherlock. Thanks a bunch. 8-|
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    I wound up watching the whole debate last night.

Mike Pence is much worse than I thought. I was expecting more of a WH spokesperson approach of "well sure Trump said that, but what he REALLY meant was..."

But no, he's peddling all the same bullshit.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    The current median age of the Millennial Generation is 32. They control 4.6% of U.S. wealth.

In 1989, when median age for Boomer Generation was 34, they controlled more than 21% of U.S. wealth.

Also, keep in mind that three millennials (Zuckerberg, Walton, one other guy) control 1 of every 40 dollars of their generational cohort, which wasn't the situation for Boomers in 1989.

More fun facts:
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-10-08/top-50-richest-people-in-the-us-are-worth-as-much-as-poorest-165-million
    It's been a little disconcerting that I'm doing better than ever financially during this shit storm. I need the country not to fall apart because I can finally afford stuff.
    Say hi to Charlie the cat in the bag!
    IMG_1087.JPG
    640 x 480 - 121K
    thumbnail_asshole1.jpg
    469 x 469 - 35K
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Hi Charlie!!
    TIL that Eddie Van Halen was Indonesian (in addition to being Dutch, which I did know.)
    Seen today on the internets:

"That fly is Mike Pence's only black friend."
    That's fucking hilarious
    Anyone heard any updates about that election day asteroid that’s supposed it hit earth?
    edited October 2020
    Not the whole Earth, man. Just Washington D.C..
    Fully expecting it to be revealed that the asteroid is real, Trump knew about it, a defense contract that benefitted him personally was for a giant magnet that drew it more directly toward the earth, millions will die but mostly in blue states, so Trump doesn't care, when pressed he brags about this, and Congress orders an investigation into Obama and Clinton over this. Trump's support stays at 38%. Trump says the asteroid is sent from God because he is the King of America and he is made of solid gold. Mcconnell says the 25th amendment doesn't apply, pushes Supreme Court Justice through.
    Meanwhile, on the internets: "the asteroid is a hoax! A lie made up by the Jews, George Soros, Bill gates and the Chinese!"