Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEVER GET CLOSER THAN SIX INCHES TO WOOD

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Not the whole Earth, man. Just Washington D.C..
    well, shit.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I know.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited October 2020
    Over here, in Canuckistan, it's thanksgiving. And, this year, we're all giving thanks for not being USians.
    That is certainly something to be thankful for.

I was reading an article in The Nation speculating that Fuckface’s next October surprise could be a war with China, Iran, or N. Korea.
    I think that's about all he has left.
    If he’s going to do that, he’ll probably wait for election day.
    That would be the most Fuckfacian thing to do.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Have y'all seen the British show Years and Years? It aired in the US on HBO.

It's basically a drama starting in 2020 and going years into the future as the world turns to shit.

In it, Trump casually nukes part of China in his last days in office.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Our girl Bamah got a job with Planned Parenthood!
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    One of my fingernails came off. What's up with that? Probably has something to do with beer drinking.
    I'm back on unemployment. This time it's suppose to run out on Dec 26. It was suppose to last until April. Whatever. I'll find another job soon hopefully. I am dying from boredom.
    I went back to the flower shop to fill in for Stan the past couple of days. Friday and yesterday. Was good to just be out of the house. I'm filling in a few more days this month. And hopefully I can go back to help out over the holidays.
    One of my fingernails came off. What's up with that? Probably has something to do with beer drinking.
    Radiation sickness!
    Our girl Bamah got a job with Planned Parenthood!
    Huzzah for Bamah!
    I'm probably teaching this winter. To my surprise, the teacher I helped last year asked me back. I thought the pandemic had killed that possibility!
    Dumb shit that made me laugh:
    https___bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_062195fc-5a43-4e2d-ab36-09eb91639265_750x444.jpg
    538 x 318 - 38K
    CW has begun airing that Swamp Thing TV series. Caught the pilot ep last week and really liked it. It ended with Dr. Holland's 'death' and transformation. Second ep is on tonight.
    edited October 2020
    Lets be optimistic for once...

Lets imagine that Biden wins by too much for the repugnicans to steal it and that election shenanigans are minimal... Oh, and that Trump concedes (which at this moment seems unlikely) and doesn't burn the White House down.

Well, Biden takes office in January facing elected Republican at all levels (state, local, federal) in full revolt mode, with an economic catastrophe and a still raging pandemic in his hands. Yay!

And that's the optimistic take!
    Who’s Bamah? The name is vaguely familiar.

I heard from one of my ex-nephews yesterday. He texted me about a band he liked. I hadn’t heard from any of the ex-nephews and nieces since before the divorce.

Aw nice. that means you are the cool uncle. Everyone's got one.
    That's not true: my daughter has two uncles, and they're both not cool. One has schizophrenia and the other is a douchebag.
    *some people got one.
    edited October 2020
    Come to think of it, I never had a cool uncle!

Who are these people who have cool uncles? Do they have a monopoly on them?
    I was going to vote tomorrow, but I managed to get it done today. I had to wait in line for about 45 minutes. Two guys standing line behind me got into a bit of a "discussion." One guy was griping about how horribly Pres. Fuckface is and the other guy was more of a "there are bad people on both sides" kind of person. I just kept my face in my Kindle and hoped they'd eventually shut up. They finally did.
    You'll never guess who I voted for.
    Jo Jorgensen, right?
    Did you have a cool uncle, Ev?
    A temporary uncle got me stoned for the first time when I was 13. He was married to my mom's sister for a few years. I thought he was cool, but he probably wasn't.
    edited October 2020
    You guys know who John Peel was, right?

Someone has put together a comprehensive list of the live recordings from his show that are now available on youtube.

https://davestrickson.blogspot.com/2020/05/john-peel-sessions.html

Enjoy!
    Thanks. That's groovy!
    Tripp, heard a piece on NPR about your unemployment issue. Apparently states were in charge of paying the first 26 weeks of UE, which recently ran out. The federal Cares act pays for UE for the next 13 weeks. They said some states have handled the transition well and some have sucked at it.

But, yes, if no further relief bills are passed, you will really be cut off at the end of the year.