Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a replay we can watch?

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
Good morning!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    thumbnail_image.png
    525 x 620 - 407K
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    Last night I watched a pretty good doc about Radio Birdman .
    edited November 2020
    That seems cool, Ev! Thanks for the recommendation. By the way, I think it was one of youse (probably Eric) that told me about David Weigel's The Show That Never Ends: The Rise and Fall of Prog Rock. I'm reading it, and I'm enjoying it so far.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I'm back at work at the flower shop. Hopefully for good. Even got a little freelance this week. And since I'm no longer collecting unemployment I'm able to cash in all the invoices I've accumulated since being unemployed (didn't want to get paid for legit work while collecting unemployment). I'm just glad to get out of the friggin' house. I was dying of boredom.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    That's awesome Tripp. Glad to hear.
    Huzzah for the flower shop! How's Stan doing these days?
    edited November 2020
    Wifey had two minor shocks this week!

She talked to an old friend of hers she hadn't seen in over twenty years, and she told her about her brother's psychiatric problems. The old friend commented "you know, your brother could be possessed by demons." She was serious. Apparently, She's now an evangelical christian. 8-| Wifey thought it was funny, I think it's only funny 'cause these types are not too common 'round here.

Another minor shock: she learned that her old professor of philosophy had been sent to jail for sexual abuse of minors. I wasn't too surprised: I know the guy, he used to date his students, and he used to proselytize for a weirdo religious sect, so I had a rather dim view of him.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    The internet is making people dumber.
    edited November 2020
    The internet is making people dumber.
    Could be. Or maybe people were pretty dumb to start with, and that became more apparent when they joined the internets in great numbers.
    Yikes and double yikes.
    edited November 2020
    I think it really makes it easy for people to find the form of crazy most perfect for them and to find people to follow it to its bitter end with.
    edited November 2020
    Sure, but the two persons I've told you about, well, the Jesus freak used to be into new age bullshit way before there was widespread access to the net, she just replaced one kind of nonsense with another. And the child molester did most of his nefarious deeds back in the last quarter of the 20th century. My wife met him in the early 90s.

It's a bit like listening to underground music: you could find it before the internets, but it took longer and it was more work.
    Tilda's best friend has had COVID-19 creep into her bubble. Her mother-in-law has it. Waiting to see her test results.
    Fingers crossed.
    Anybody got stuff going down this weekend?
    Just the usual: bakery, library, video games. This pandemic is cramping my style.
    PreCovid, Leels had recorded four skeleton tracks which we were planning on overdubbing/mixing remotely. The drummer has a recording rig, but everyone was hesitant about doing sessions "in these times".

Interest has begun peaking again, so we've been experimenting with various phone based DAWs. We came across one called Spire that actually has a pretty solid clean sound. Particularly when they send me all the individual instruments as separate tracks and I can warm them up in ProTools.

So I've now got a bunch of new overdubs and three brand new songs to play around with this weekend. So that's making me happy.

Leels! I could go for that
    edited November 2020
    Let's see... this weekend we're going to... (Checks notes) Go nowhere, drink wine, and eat food of questionable nutritional value while fitting in some household chores and watching some streaming television.

So, the ush.
    Sounds solid to me.
    I’ll most likely be reading, smokin’ out, flailing on guitar, taking care of my mom, and trying to make myself start exercising again.
    B.C.E. - Before the Covid Era
    edited November 2020
    Police Officer: Did the suspect have any identifying features that you can recall?

Ev, I can't see the image you uploaded.
    edited November 2020
    Damn. A friend died. Went to Florida for a memorial for an old band mate and did his once in a blue moon heroin high. OD'd and died in his AirBNB.
    Sorry about your friend, Jeff. That’s horrible.

I saw the image last night when I posted it. I can’t be bothered with it now. It was a photo of Adre “Psycho” Baroz.
    I am so sorry Jeff.

Love you.
    A____ is debuting his new piece "live" online at 7pm if you need some fresh music in your face.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CarnegieMellonMusic?fbclid=IwAR2lbpDI0roEk2GBpEUhtmIrvsIiL3aLnC9xuskysdRWaigIknW5qGONnCc
    Thank you, Eric. What time zone is that?