Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Willard Scott drunken wink

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
Good morning, all you lovely people!

And Jeff.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited February 2021
    Hey Matt! How you doing? How's your mom?
    Other than the isolation, she's okay, I guess. I try and get out there every week, but I don't know how great I am as company. The last two months seemed to be filled with illness and death, it got really bleak for our families and those of friends. Really looking forward for winter to end.
    Facebook is shit.

You should quit.

I've always hated it, but I need it to keep track of online radicalization, so I can't really delete it. I never used it much for socialization, just to argue with people and alienate myself from co-workers and family.

Dude, you should shitpost here more. It would be good for you.

Why do you need to keep track of online radicalisation?
    edited February 2021
    My family doctor retired ten years ago, and I've been on a waiting list to get a new one for at least 5 years. I finally got a consultation.

It seems I have a touch of hypertension and the doc wants to do more blood tests because of something liver related. He asked me if I drank a lot... I drink about one or two beers on a weekly basis.

I was doing fine before I met him!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Keep us posted. I hope it's nothing.
    edited February 2021
    Little S. made me laugh pretty hard yesterday. I was listing the ingredients in a salad recipe I made: "and then you add vinegar..." She looked all mock shocked and screamed "You used the N-word!"
    I forgot. How old is Little S?

She's 13 years old.
    My word. Ain’t that something?
    edited March 2021
    The federal statute of limitations rule is bullshit.
    You can get away with lying about and cheating on your taxes as long as the government doesn't catch you doing it within 10 years.

Time has run out for the statute of limitations.
    If France can lock up a former president, then why can't we?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I'M SAYING.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    ARE WE GOING TO LET THE FRENCH SHOW US UP!?!?!
    NON!!!
    C'est l'idée!!!!
    Votre français fait pitié. Mais je vous salue pour vos efforts...
    Je blâme google translate.
    I’m getting vaccinated on Monday. All school district employees can sign up to get the single dose J&J vaccine. Because it’s the one made directly from the stem cells of aborted fetuses, I’m pretty certain that lots of employees will not register to get it. I’m hoping that I won’t have to spend all day waiting in line for an injection.
    This is great news!

I bet it'll give you a youthful glow to boot.
    I’ve heard so many stories about how unpleasant those 2nd dose vaccines can be. I haven’t heard the same stories about the single dose one.
    edited March 2021
    Wifey's parents just got their first dose. They've been indoors since the pandemic started, I haven't seen them in months! Alas, now they'll finally be able to see us again.

Damn you, vaccine!
    hee. I suspect there are lots of stories like this in the world.
    My mom was slated to get the vaccine yesterday but I haven't managed to wrangle her on the phone yet. I'm happy that means my idiot brother who lives with her (and works out in the world, travels, shops constantly, eats in restaurants, etc.) can't get her killed.
    Great news.

S_____'s mom/brother situation is the same. They are in Florida, so his "it's not really that dangerous" gym-going, non-mask-wearing ass largely gets away with it.

thankfully her mom got the vaccine before he was able to kill her.
    edited March 2021
    Many people might say my brother does an okay job. He does believe in the virus. And he wears a mask. But he thinks mask plus handwashing equals total safety and he does a lot of things I wish he wouldn't, at least while he lives with our elderly mom.

Anyway, she got her first Pfizer shot and will get her next one on the 24th and then I can mostly stop worrying about what he is or isn't bringing home. (He and his family live with her right now.)
    Here's to all the moms surviving their idiot sons.
    The biggest downside to being married to an Eastern European is having to constantly pretend to love soup.
    So what's everyone doing this weekend? I'm going to try and get a NAS (network attached storage device) working and get all of my files from every hard drive, CD, etc. on it.
    The biggest downside to being married to an Eastern European is having to constantly pretend to love soup.
    Hmmm...I honestly do love soup.