Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well, as long as you dyed your pork green, we good.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
edited March 2021 in Main
Top of the morning to you!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited March 2021
    You should never look a gif horse in the mouth.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,497
    We got our first shots!!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    KABLAMMO!!
    Take that Covid!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    edited March 2021
    My mom was leaning over trying to pick up trash off the floor (something I've asked her not to do many times) and fell out of bed and cracked 8 ribs.
    Oh no!! That is terrible. I assume she's in hospital now?
    That's awful.
    Yes, she’s in the hospital. Only one visitor a day allowed. I’m going up there today after I exercise. I really don’t feel like exercising. I just wanna sleep and sleep and sleep some more.
    edited March 2021
    That's terrible, Ev! How's she doing now? I hope she's ok.

I mean, wifey's beloved and very old (she was in her early 90s) auntie rapidly went into a sharp decline after she fell and fractured her wrist. It was just a minor fracture, but it did something to her, shortly after her accident one health problem followed another. She died just a couple of months later.
    edited March 2021
    Shit, my last message sounds insensitive... Sorry man, I didn't want to contribute to your worries.
    She’s in pain and very grumpy. Otherwise, she’s ok. Hospital rooms rapidly drain my energy.
    Hospitals in general really need to work on their vibes.

Glad she's ok. Take care of yourself as you take care of her. Keep us updated.
    edited March 2021
    Check out the volcano cam!

Putting a flag next to the camera, was perhaps not a great idea.
    What you talking about?
    This morning, during the snow storm, a red/orange flag was blowing and covering up half of the screen.
    Oh! I didn't see that.
    By the way, it's pretty active right now. If you're curious, now is a good time to look.
    They probably put the flag next to the camera in order to find the camera.
    Word. The Border Patrol also has a known if unwritten policy of seeking attention and budget via a two part plan of processing people extra slowly to create backlogs and overestimating the number of attempted border crossers who get away.

So you intentionally let a huge line build up at the border then announce the ones who got away are way up and bam, crisis. Even if the overall numbers are lower than when Dubya was in charge and neither side even felt it was a noteworthy problem, much less a crisis.
    Superman & Lois is as boring as the other CW shows. Bummer, because my kid adores Superboy. But instead of this being a ten year-old Superboy having the time of his life, this is an angsty teenager who hates his powers and his dad.
    Yuck.

Anybody tempted by the Snyder cut? I have a few serious comic fan friends that are talking it up. But I'm not a serious fan, so I don't suppose I'd have a lot of fun with it.
    edited March 2021
    It's like a sixteen course meal at TGIFriday's.

It's more, but that doesn't make it better.

It's better and more coherent than Whedon's version (low bar there), but it's still a Zack Snyder film. It's bombastic, overly serious, lousy with slo-mo (Lois literally buys coffee in slo-mo), and emotionally facile.

If you look at it less as Justice League and more like 32 Films About the Justice League, you may find you like a dozen or so of them.
    edited March 2021
    Little S. really enjoyed Wandavision. I liked it too, and I'm not into superheroes. But see, when Little S. likes a TV show, she doesn't want it to end, ever. So she refuses to watch the final episode. I haven't seen it yet, 'cause I want to watch it with her. She tells me she'll watch it when she feels ready, whenever that is.

Oh, she also loved the new She-ra animation series. I watched it with her, and it's actually pretty great! It starts gay and it gets gayer and gayer as the seasons roll by. Compared to the shit I watched when I was a kid, it blew my mind!
    Has she watched Steven Universe? That looks kiddy, but is deeply weird, deeply queer, and pretty complex by the end.
    I'll talk to her about it. Thanks for the suggestion!
    Little S. really enjoyed Wandavision. I liked it too, and I'm not into superheroes. But see, when Little S. likes a TV show, she doesn't want it to end, ever. So she refuses to watch the final episode. I haven't seen it yet, 'cause I want to watch it with her. She tells me she'll watch it when she feels ready, whenever that is.
    Good on you. I was dying for the finale by the time it rolled around. I think I would've secret-watched it.