Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't really see posts from actual people anymore.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Also, what's up with FB? I don't really see posts from actual people anymore. And my feed is non-stop Suggested For You shit. That, shit from PBS, ACLU, IFLScience. That's all my feed is lately.
    I'm not on the books of face anymore. And when I was, I never posted anything. I've always loathed the place.
    An interesting thing going around Twitter is some trans people putting forth the theory that Kurt Cobain (even if he did not during his life realize it himself) was probably trans. Surprised me, but sorta checks out, honestly.
    Didn't he have a daughter with what's-her-name?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Yep.
    edited April 2021
    Ok... Lemme guess, she's actually his and Dave Ghrol's daughter, and what's-her-name was never pregnant, right? Or what's-her-name is actually the father. Or aliens and/or the illuminati are involved.
    edited April 2021
    Or are they saying that he wanted to be a woman?

Who cares anyway, he's long dead.
    edited April 2021
    They're saying all of Cobain's cross-dressing, makeup, contempt for traditional masculinity, obsession with female reproductive organs, expressions of maternal feelings, and certain comments he made like saying he wished he could grow breasts, or that he hated thinking of himself as a man, etc. sure looks like gender dysphoria.
    edited April 2021
    Or maybe a reaction to the cock rock of the times? I don't like macho posturing and what passes for masculinity in our culture either and yeah, I do happen to think a lot about female reproductive organs, but that doesn't mean I wished I was a woman.

I don't know how many times I've heard or read that Socrates, Alexander, Julius Caesar, Jesus and Abraham Lincoln were gay. I do get it, it's normal that some members of marginalized minorities want to appropriate historical celebrities, for obvious reasons, but it's just speculation.

One thing does bug me about it: I don't like it when people reduce individuals to their sexual orientation, the color of their skin or their gender. I don't like it when racist assholes do it, and I don't like it when people on what I think is supposed to be my side do it.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I trans am

They Trans Am.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    They're saying all of Cobain's cross-dressing, makeup, contempt for traditional masculinity, obsession with female reproductive organs, expressions of maternal feelings, and certain comments he made like saying he wished he could grow breasts, or that he hated thinking of himself as a man, etc. sure looks like gender dysphoria.
    I haven't read any full articles on this, but your short blurb makes sense to me, and frankly feels familiar.

It might be a stretch to diagnose full on dysphoria from this far away, but it seems clear that he wasn't afraid to let his non-binary impulses out of the box on a regular basis.
    We finished up I Love Dick on Amazon last night.

pretty wild stuff. I love shows/movies where everyone is deeply flawed and just trying their best. Great vehicle for Kathryn Hahn.

Highly recommend for adults.
    edited April 2021
    Hi kids! Lucy Dacus accepted my friend request on Goodreads. I’ve told a few people, but no one knows who she is. She’s popped up on a few of my Spotify radio ‘stations,’ and I’ve kinda enjoyed the songs I’ve heard. She’s also in a band called Boygenius with Phoebe Bridges and Julien Baker.
    edited April 2021
    That's awesome. Lucy Dacus is terrific. What kinds of books does she like?
    For what it's worth, the folks speculating on Cobain are trans folks, coming at it from a point of "Oh hon, I know those signs."
    Anyone check out The Nevers? I was ready to hate it because of Whedon Is a Terrible Person feelings, but it was fun, if kinda jumbled.
    S____ has been campaigning for that one. I guess I'll try it out.
    edited April 2021
    That's awesome. Lucy Dacus is terrific. What kinds of books does she like?
    I haven’t taken a deep dive into her “Read” list. But just from glancing at some of the titles, looks like she’s into poetry, feminist stuff, and stuff she probably read in high school and college. She’s what, 24? 25?
    She's very young, yeah.
    She's so good though.

Yeah!
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Julien Baker is from Memphis.
    edited April 2021
    The Grand Prix of Canada looks like is gonna get canceled, so no ugly noisy cars going round and round in circles this year. Tragic.

And Ontario is in lockdown and the provincial gov. is setting up checkpoints at provincial borders.
    Baltimore is looking to be the next big hot spot of the East. :( My second shot can't come soon enough.
    My roomie has pretty much been in bed since he got his first Moderna shot two days ago.
    It's that 5G implant Bill Gates put in him that's making him sick!
    Shots for everybody. I'll feel better when that's done.
    Be careful, everybody.
    Baltimore is looking to be the next big hot spot of the East. :( My second shot can't come soon enough.
    And now a third one I guess. :-I
    edited April 2021
    We’ll probably have to get regular injections for the rest of our lives.
    :smiley:
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    We actually had another human in our house last night! Kate came over. To me, that feels like a page has been turned finally. S___ was in tears.