Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I haven’t looked twice at anybody in quite a while.

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,284
    Honestly, I was hoping for a more sophisticated rhyme scheme. I was more focused on the border cops than how much Toronto sucks.
    I don’t have any border guard stories. That’s probably a good thing.

Honestly, I was hoping for a more sophisticated rhyme scheme. I was more focused on the border cops than how much Toronto sucks.
    Maybe also a little focused on the guys who lent out their van.
    I also have an idea for a song about a band that gets ahold of some really bad Tex-Mex food. The working title is Band with the Runs.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,015
    It comes out in a jet, right?
    edited November 2022
    So, basically, a few people cared that the World Cup was given to Qatar through bribery. A few more, not many, were upset about the thousands who died to build the stadiums. And there were some complaints about the misogyny, homophobia and general unpleasantness of Qatar's government. Unfortunate, but whatcha gonna do, right?

But no beer in the stadiums?! Well, that's the straw that broke the camels back!
    edited November 2022
    "Unarmed queers in a gay bar in Colorado Springs were able to do what hundreds of armed men couldn't do in Uvalde."
    Dan Savage
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,506
    edited November 2022
    It's so wild Republicans keep pushing the idea that the people with guns will save us from the other people with guns. The defining trait of people from that party is positively not giving a shit about or being willing to do a single thing for anyone other than themselves.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,506
    But anywho.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,631
    I'm just mad because S____ and I fucking love the World Cup and they are making it very very hard to enjoy.

I'm trying not to watch any matches, but I have a feeling S___ will crack once her beloved Germany gets going.
    edited November 2022
    I feel your pain. I'm not watching either, but it would be easier if Portugal wasn't in it.

I hope they get eliminated quickly.

My gawd, what am I saying!? ( Horrified )
    It's so wild Republicans keep pushing the idea that the people with guns will save us from the other people with guns. The defining trait of people from that party is positively not giving a shit about or being willing to do a single thing for anyone other than themselves.

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

John Kenneth Galbraith
    Did you guys get how my "jet" joke relates to Ev's "Band with the runs" joke?
    'Cause, you know, I thought it was quite clever, and I just want make sure...
    Clever, as far as scatological jokes go...
    edited November 2022
    But, you know, maybe a bit obvious, but not too bad in general...
    So, did you get it?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,631
    Joke suicide.

Nice.
    Yeah, but did you get it?
    Got jabbed in both arms yesterday. Now I can’t comfortably flap my wings.
    edited November 2022
    The anti-vax people are right! Ev was turned into a kakapo by the vaccines!

edited November 2022
    That kakapo has a lot more energy than I do. Those injections seem to have knocked me on my ass. I slept off and on for most of the day. The only reason I got up was to feed my roomie’s dogs.
    Do you guys like the band, Alvvays, at all? I’ve been digging them for a while. A few songs from their new album have started to grow on me. I listened to their second album a quite a bit for a while.

edited November 2022
    I like them. Not everything, but I do own a couple of their records. I haven't listened to their latest record yet.

Many of their songs take me back to the jangly British bands I used to love to when I was a kid.

This is probably my favorite song of theirs:

R.I.P. Wilko Johnson
    edited November 2022
    Aw fuck!

He was seriously ill for a long time. Pancreatic cancer. It's surprising that he lasted so long.

I'm sad to learn of his death. I loved the guy, and I'm a fan of his old band. The Feelgoods were a huge influence on British punk.
    edited November 2022
    Too many people I like are dying all the damn time.
    That’s what happens when the people you like are old and lived a party life.
    YouTube isn’t playing videos on my iPhone since I did the latest update. Can’t figure out why. I’ve done searches trying to find out what the problem is, but can’t find any mention of the problem. You guys have any ideas?

Oh yeah, happy Whatever Day!
    edited November 2022
    Earthrise!

edited November 2022
    Earthset!