Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Talk about a spoiler!

2»

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited August 2015
    I'm putting it here, not linking to her site 'cause, you know, fuck her. The little note at the end was written by Madam Hoyt and, to me, it's "le détail qui tue", the little detail that makes the whole thing guffaw inducing.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    S_____ had a 5 hour delay on her arriving flight from London (which British Airways didn't bother putting on their flight checker.... motherfuckers).

So rather than spend a lot of money sitting in a pricey airport parking lot, I went an saw Jurassic World 3D Imax for roughly the same money.

The action was spectacular but the human emotional stuff was pretty ham fisted. "The younger brother is afraid he's losing his older brother, but his older brother wants to reassure him. WE GOT IT THE LAST 20 TIMES YOU AWKWARDLY INJECTED IT INTO THE SCRIPT"

I liked that it had some real scares in it. It got plenty of flinches out of me.
    I don't understand the controversy about her wearing heels the whole time. It was played up for laughs because she was such a put together CEO in an increasingly chaotic environment.
    edited August 2015
    Whenever I change a guitar string, Colombine (my youngest cat) immediately comes running. She may be upstairs while I'm in the garage, there may be a couple of closed doors between us, but she always hears it. And then she goes bonkers! "Ooooo, a guitars string! Meow, feline wants to play with the guitar string! Ape, gimme, gimme, GIMMEEEE GUITAR STRING! GUITAAAARRR STRIIINNNGGG!!!!!"
    Great, I am Spartacus killed crappity. 8-|
    I am Spartacus because Fast and Furious.
    This one I kinda get.
    Yeah, but why did she feel the need to write that so often?
    edited August 2015
    When I read that, I was like, does she mean the movie? Yeah, it's pretty bad, but why does she go all "I am Spartacus" over a shit movie?

Then I discovered that this is actually a big thing in wingnut circles.
    ohhhhhhh.... dang. I thought she was just really indignant about how shitty that movie was.

Ok, it's less fun now.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Wow, the Trocadero calendar in 1994...

edited August 2015
    Everyone was on their way to CMJ festival.
    One more day in this thread, and we start a new one tomorrow? Everyone agrees?
    edited September 2015
    Scott Walker seems to want to build a wall between Canada and the US... And Chris Christie wants to track immigrants like fedex packages.

And then, of course, there's the Donald.

• TrippTripp Posts: 676
    I know we played the Trocadero.. Was it in LA.?
    Philly.

At least the one I think this flyer is from.

There was one in S.F. but I don't think they booked this kind of stuff.
    Guh. The HVAC is dead in our building. Bitches need to send us home.