Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to tag Tripp Lamkins?

captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
Dang, the new system doesn't have a voting option.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Yeah, I am going to go see that here in a few weeks.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Oh, here you are! Hello!
    edited July 2016
    Turkey sacks 15,000 education workers in purge after failed coup

Holy moly! Son of bitches don't fuck around, do they?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I didn't know there were 4 Phantasm movies. I think I've seen 3 of them. I liked the deadly flying pinball, but I wasn't a huge fan.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    I don't think I've seen any of them. Are they worth watching as an adult?
    I rewatched the first one a few years ago and thought the acting was pretty horrible, though it does have some cool imagery.
    I never saw the last Harry Potter movie(s) The Deathly Hollows. Was it worth watching? Seriously.
    I watched the others and thought they were entertaining enough, but I was kinda 'over it' by the time the last one rolled around.
    I would say absolutely. Even if you weren't a hardcore fan, it's a very satisfying conclusion.
    The Phantasm movies have many of the expected shortcomings of low budget horror of their era.

But they're also terrifying, with a kind of unnervingly nonsensical dream logic to them.
    HELLO, NICE PEOPLE!
    edited July 2016
    Bleuuurrrrghhhhh... I had a shitty, shitty night. Sleepless. I finally managed to get some sleep around 5 am. But I had to get up three hours later. I feel like shit.
    (gives Dan a neck massage)

Shhhh, baby, don't worry your pretty little head about it.
    I've been nerding out on computers a lot lately. Replaced my dead HTPC and got it going. Got one of those $5 Raspberry Pi Zero things. It's fun. Requires accessories to get going, so it's not really $5. Also got a pine64, a Raspberry Pi-ish computer that's 64 bit. It looks more promising.
    (gives Dan a neck massage)

Shhhh, baby, don't worry your pretty little head about it.
    (Starting to feel aroused)
    Oh, so a HTPC is a kind of computer? Ok.
    home theater PC. 'puter hooked to yr teevee.
    edited July 2016
    'puter hooked to yr teevee.
    Ah, like my 7 year old MacBook and a HDMI cable.
    And then the little Pi Zero, I think I will make into a game emulator.
    edited July 2016
    Have you heard about the new tiny Nintendo NES classic edition? If it works well (I'm worried about lag), I may get one for xmas.
    Me too. I'm going to check one out in a brick and mortar store. They did the same thing with Atari a couple years ago. Bought it online. And as soon as I unboxed it I could feel how cheaply it was made and knew it would be dead in under 3 months and I was correct.
    edited July 2016
    I have bought a bunch of Nintendo's stuff through the years and, so far, it has been solid. I still own a Gamecube that has been getting regular play for more that a decade! So I'm hoping it will be worth the money.
    edited July 2016
    Sorry, but I can't give two shits over the fact that an airheaded former beauty queen trophy wife plagiarized a speech. I'm sure much more offensive things were said on that stage in the previous 5 minutes. Although, I must say, it is quite revelatory of what kind of mickey mouse operation the human cheeto is running.

However, as a friend of mine remarked (I don't wanna be accused of *gasp* plagiarism!), if the dems have any brains (notice the use of the conditional) they will run their own speeches through pattern recognition software, way before their convention. Or at least copy and paste them, sentence by sentence, into Google, to see what the web throws up.

Know what I mean?
    I was more concerned with all of the ideas being thrown around that originated with Joseph Goebbels than the words that were taken from Michelle Obama.
    edited July 2016
    The NES mini costs $60 and plays 30 games. It cannot be expanded.

Alternately, you could buy a Pi Zero for $5, a memory card for $15, a mini HDMI-to-HDMI cable for $10, and use those with a USB game controller and a generic USB 2 charger. You could even buy an official USB Nintendo controller for $10. Then you could help yourself to the ROMs online (easy and free) and play all of the NES games that were ever released in the world.

You could probably also fit Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, some arcade games...
    Chris Christie leading the crowd chants of "GUILTY!!" scared me bad. That was messed up.
    I'm picturing it like this:
    edited July 2016
    The NES mini costs $60 and plays 30 games. It cannot be expanded.

Alternately, you could buy a Pi Zero for $5, a memory card for $15, a mini HDMI-to-HDMI cable for $10, and use those with a USB game controller and a generic USB 2 charger. You could even buy an official USB Nintendo controller for $10. Then you could help yourself to the ROMs online (easy and free) and play all of the NES games that were ever released in the world.

You could probably also fit Atari 2600, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, some arcade games...
    Jeff, thanks for the suggestion... And don't take what I'm going to say badly, 'k?

Yeah, sure, that arrangement may be cheaper but... I will have to separately purchase a bunch of hardware, and then I will have to make sure that everything works fine, without any surprises (time lag and hardware compatibility problems, for instance). And I will have to spend some time finding and downloading the games and making sure that they work properly. I may download a shitload of games from all kinds of old consoles, but I'll probably just play a few of them 'cause I won't have the time to do more. And I won't be the only one playing with the ghetto game system: my 8 year old daughter will want to use it too. Better keep it simple.

I'd rather spend 30 bucks more than having to bother. And I'd rather spend a couple of hours playing guitar and shooting the breeze on crappity than dealing with tech. I have the impression that you love dealing with this stuff. I just rather do something else.

Besides, if I buy the NES mini, I'll probably won't even have the time to go through its 30 games! I'll probably just play Castlevania over and over again.