Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

She's not into Harry Potter movies.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,025
Has anyone seen my shades? I have the impression that I left them somewhere at home, but I can't find them.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,025
    edited July 2016
    Nuts!

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,290
    "This video contains content from Mondelez, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

So I have no idea what you're trying to say.

If you ever want to see your shades alive and well again, bring $100,000 to my house. And no cops, or you can kiss goodbye to your precious shades.
    Oy for fucks sake! I'm going to try to fix that.
    Done. It may go down again.
    I've been delaying my departure for about 30 minutes. I hate driving. My butt starts hurting and it's just fucking boring. What I really need is a transporter beam.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,511
    CONGRATULATIONS KURTIS BROWN!
    And cool updates from KimFBP. Glad to hear you're enjoying life.
    We're trying to find out what our house is worth. We're thinking we're maybe ready to move to a single family home. We've been in this townhouse for 8 1/2 years. It's been good, but we'd like a little more space and a bigger yard. It turns out houses near us aren't as bad as we thought, so we're thinking about it.

If not this year, almost certainly next year.
  • (trying to find the lurker smiley)
    There is no lurker smiley!
    edited August 2016
    Hey, did you know? Tripp got the job! Must have been all our positive mind atoms.
    Yep.

I love that the media is pushing the 'Trump is Insane' scenario.
    edited August 2016
    You know, I'm glad that they're finally pilling up on him... However, I gotta say, I'm a bit surprised they're going after him now, I mean, after all the shit he said in the past and all!

So, basically, he was mean to the parents of a dead soldier, right? That's the line that can't be crossed? Ok.
    edited August 2016

If you look at Chris Christie, he was just standing there. He had nothing to say. Maybe he wasn't allowed to: pic.twitter.com/XuaVTO9zLB

— Murtaza Hussain (@MazMHussain) 31 juillet 2016
    I had to look up who Grace Tilly was.

I also wasn't aware of the concept of 'Gold Star' families before the Khizr Khan stuff.

American politics does seem really irreparably fucked right now along with American journalism.
    Khizr and Ghazala Khan milking the corpse of their dead son for the benefit of Hillary Clinton
    what a fantastically shitty thing to say. honestly. damn.
    edited August 2016
    I mean, I can see being cynical of the Clinton campaign's motives for highlighting the Khans, sure. But it is not at all difficult for me to view the Khans themselves as 100% sincere and legitimately troubled by Trump enough to feel compelled to tell their son's story.

Actually, it is hard for me to imagine them feeling any other way.
    I woke up way early both days of the Literacy Texas Conference and had a workout. The conference was boring, but I felt like a badass. I wish I could do that during the school year, but I'd have to crawl outta bed at about 4:30 a.m.
    edited August 2016
    Moving on...

Saw this on the books of Face and it was spot on...
    White dudes I don't know who's worse: Clinton or Trump.

LGBTQ people Trump is.

Black people Trump is.

Immigrants Trump.

Muslims It's Trump.

Women Trump. DUH.

White dudes *shoves head deeper into ass* I just... don't... know...
    We got last minute tickets for the Cub game last night. Simon and I went and had a good time. We got to see their new closer hit 104 mph (167 kph for metric peeps) on the radar gun.
    Cool. Does Simon like baseball? I don't watch it, but I keep up with the Rangers. The hometown team is having a great season so far.
    A real estate agent Tilda knows came by last night and told us we were being unreasonably pessimistic in our view of our home's value. She thinks we can come out solidly ahead selling it with no additional major work done on it.

So yeah, it looks like we may actually move. Probably within the same suburban area. We live in a 'burb that manages to be both upscale and diverse. If we're going to be out in suburbia, I'd just as soon live in an area with more than just WASPs, and with a nice little minority of progressives around.
    Matt, dude, say what you will about "lesser evilism" but... In the context of a political system like that of the US, the left is in a bind.

Le mieux est l’ennemi du bien, eh?
    Simon could probably take or leave baseball, honestly. But he likes me, thankfully. So he's willing to come with me to games, as long as he is properly compensated in hot dogs and snacks, and as long as we get up and wander around here and there when he gets bored.
    I just can't relate to sitting outdoors in 100+ temperatures to watch a ballgame.
    It was nice-ish last night. Low 80's maybe. The stands were great. The concourse underneath has shitty ventilation and was hot as balls, though.
    One of my customers is a sort of PTSD-addled vet who addresses me as "my mothafucka!" He's got a new batch of bullshit issues this morning and I just. cannot. do. it.
    edited August 2016
    Joe Scarborough likely doesn't count as a solid source for anything, but this is terrifying. Start at 5:56.