Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Please Notice Me I Am Not Dead Yet

captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
HAPPY FRIDAY YALL!!!!

WHATS EVERYBODY DOING THIS WEEKEND?!?!?!

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,489
    Good morning! Fish fry at some friends' house this Sunday, maybe working toward an offer on that house, too.
    I'm almost done listening to the full cast audiobook of Neil Gaiman's American Gods. It's really fun. Recommended. Looking forward to the tv show. They've cast Ian McShane, Gillian Anderson, Crispin Glover, Kristin Chenoweth, Peter Stomare, Pablo Schreiber, Orlando Jones, Cloris Leachman... every bit of their casting is spot on so far and Gaiman himself is supposedly delighted with what they're doing.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Wow. that is a good cast.
    Gillian Anderson is going to play the "new God" named Media. At one point in the book, she takes the form of Lucy Ricardo and offers, while talking to the hero through the television, "Would ya like to see Lucy's tits?"

This is Anderson as Lucy:

I am hoping they also do the part where she takes the form of Diane from Cheers.
    Intentionally chill weekend. I reckon I'll help the dudes edit the movie that we shot in the Rockies. It's a tale of survival.
    You and your kids do the best stuff together.
    D'aw.

This is definitely going to be Aaron's biggest editing challenge. The whole thing unfolds as a string of flashbacks. (a little overdone these days, I know, but he's never done it before and I think it actually works for this).
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Our freezer just stopped functioning. Now I've got to weigh the cost of a repair person vs. a new 2nd-hand fridge. I think I paid about $400 for the one we've had and it's probably more than 10 years old now.
    Also, trying to ignore the I-go-back-to-work-on-Monday cloud hanging over my head.
    Yeah. It's real. I just took a week off and I could feel the darkness encroaching. Can't imagine a summer's worth.
    I really have no right to bitch about it. 10 weeks (not counting the 3 day confence I attended) of not going to work is an awfully nice perk.
    I just scored a used fridge for $200. That includes delivery and taking the old one away. We don't need no stinkin' ice dispenser.
    Niiiiiiiice!
    Tilda is wavering again. I think maybe this is a sign we should wait.

What I want out of a house is space, not in square footage, but in places to entertain, to stretch out with hobbies and stuff. She really wants a house that feels done, with a nice kitchen and nice bathrooms, and little if anything to fix up.

I don't want her to be disappointed, but I don't want to move into something barely bigger than we have now to get that.

Shit.
    That all sounds really stressful.
    Pretty much first world problems, I know. But yeah, it's stressing me.

She went to see the house again today and got pictures. The kitchen sink and both showers are in bad shape. So she actually has a point.

Plus, there seems to be a bunch of if/then conditions with our lender.

I guess we have to sort some things out.

I was enjoying the idea of being maybe 2 months from a new home.

But really, maybe this just means we need to get further along in squirreling away some cash and getting our current place sold.
    That sounds like a better plan to me. One thing for sure is that there will be many other houses to choose from.
    I'm about to go back to Dallas. I may stay over, so cheerio! See ya'll at church tomorrow!
    RIP Kenny Baker.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
    edited August 2016
    "20 Transgender Celebs Nobody Knew About"

Wait... If nobody knew about these transgender celebs, then they're not celebs, right?
    edited August 2016
    "Shocking Secrets About Space"

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space. - Douglas Adams
    Going to the store. You guys need me to pick up anything while I'm there?
    Condoms.
    I tweaked my neck yesterday morning and it is sore as all get out.
    edited August 2016
    This t-shirt bugs the shit out of me. Partly this is because it's a lame cash-in on a movie obviously not made the filmmakers or anyone associated with them. But mostly, it's because what kind of dumbass prison escapees would not only use their real names, but also advertise under them?

Oof. Take a hot shower. (or is it a cold one?) Take a warm shower.
    Normally, I take the stance that people freak out a bit much over privacy online. The only thing data mining ever got me was more specific web ads. But sometimes, you scroll through FB and get greeted with five articles and twenty ads related to something you browsed online one time for thirty seconds and yeah, it's creepy.
    Related... oldie but goodie... Pranking My Roommate With Targeted Facebook Ads