Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are Pooh and Piglet talking about?

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
edited August 2016 in Main
Good morning!

Little S. went back to school this morning. It's a new school too, they forced us to change after we moved. It wasn't supposed to happen this way: after assuring us that it was ok, she could stay, Little S.'s old school told us last spring that, finally, there was no more place for what they call "free choice students", that is, students who are out of their territory. So we had to register little S. at the primary school that serves our "new" neighbourhood.

Understandably, little S. was a bit nervous this morning. Her new teacher seemed nice. I hope everything will be ok.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Positive education atoms to Little S.
    edited August 2016
    We wanted to check out some houses this weekend, but our agent was out of town. So we drove around and checked some out from the outside. Three of our top five were crap once seen in person (insane arrangement of additions; sketchy neighbors; busted exterior, respectively). Another was sold. Then there was one we saw on a whim because it had an open house. It was pretty awesome.

Our place is listed now, too. We had four showings over the first two days and we seem to be getting a nice number of views and favorites. So maybe we can sell our place without too much hassle. Maybe.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Love the big ass Tardis is what I think is Simon's room (knowing you, I won't jump to conclusions).

What do you need two satellite dishes for?
    One was for international tv. We don't use it anymore but haven't been inclined to pay someone to take it down.
    edited August 2016
    Your house is kind of similar to mine, except that you have a slightly bigger place, with an extra bedroom and a bigger kitchen. Oh, and your yard is larger too.
    edited August 2016
    In other words, i would totally buy your house if I lived in the area.
    But only after you got rid of the satellite dishes. ;)
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Looks good. I'll take it.
    And I would demand that you leave the Tardis in place, Jeff.
    After conferring with my wife, the discount for crappity members is now $60 off.
    Going to see this one tonight. There was an open house yesterday and it was nice, so I'm taking Tilda back to check it out together.
    Five bedrooms?! You intend to open a B&B?
    edited August 2016
    There are three people-sized bedrooms, one glorified closet, and one dim bonus room in the basement they're calling a BR.

Fine by me. I think this is what is scaring most buyers off. Leaves the place available for me.
    Nice. The upstairs especially. Wide open and a nice elevated deck. Split ranches make me nostalgic for summers with my extended Minnesota family.
    I think we'd end up knocking the wall out between the 10x10 room and the kinda small master. Our kid would get the medium sized room, Tilda's mom the next-smallest one.

I think I'd put a bar or a home theater in the bonus room. I'm not real into basement "bedrooms." Maybe if your kid is a teen who hates the sun.
    who the hell knows though... I have a house to sell first. And that's assuming we actually decide we like this one.
    Not to sound too morbid, but I figure I'm about hitting that age where people with whom I'm acquainted or friendly with start kicking off in greater numbers, so maybe I'll be able to get some mileage out of the suit.
    Moe, have I told you how much I admire your optimism?
    Just don't change sizes again. The thing will pay for itself before you know it.
    The suit I perform weddings in is a thrift store suit. I find a nice bold shirt/tie combo will make a bland, neutral second-hand suit come off as pretty nice.
    I bought a classic black suit for my mothers funeral 20 years ago. That's what I don when I'm forced to.
    I'm going to see GbV this weekend, the version with Bobby Bare, Jr. and that just added Doug Gillard. I'm pretty stoked.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    That's sounds like it could be great.

Speaking of great, did ya'll catch the VMAs last night?

Yeah, me neither.
    oh shit, Gene Wilder died.
    edited August 2016
    did ya'll catch the VMAs last night?
    No, I'm 41.
    did ya'll catch the VMAs last night?
    VMAs? Is that a venereal disease?
    oh shit, Gene Wilder died.
    edited August 2016
    We put in a contingent offer on that house. A lot of "if's" behind that though. They have to accept the contingent offer. Then we have to sell our house. And if the second part of that doesn't happen within X amount of time, we have to ask them for an extension.

Although, browsing the listings in our area, we have by far the nicest house in our price range. Really, there's almost dick to choose from. So that should help.
    Good luck on both ends. May the timing be with you.