Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

That's not milk on those Fucking Flakes.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
Good moaning!

So, are you guys ready for tomorrow's debate?

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I'm not amped about it, if that's what you're asking. I wasn't going to watch it, but I'm asking my students to so I kinda have to watch it now.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited September 2016
    Another guy offered me "a deal" for my amp: after flattering me on my good taste in gear, he offered me 100 bucks below the price I was asking... In spite of the fact that I specified that my price was firm. The way he put it was quite amusing: he asked me if I was man enough to let it go for less. I replied "the price is firm. Are you man enough to pay me more?"
    And was he?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    I really need to sell off some of my gear. But you are making me seriously dread it.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited September 2016
    We may get to move into our house on 10/24 instead of 10/31.

This could be good, as I'd get another chance to try my plan to become the most popular house in the neighborhood by giving out full sized candy bars on Halloween.

I did that one year and only managed to give away a dozen or so, because kids today suck and their parents suck and nobody trick or treats anymore and everything is terrible okay bye.
    I'm going to watch tonight. At least as much as I can. I can see the writing on the wall though. The grading curve is going to be bonkers. If Trump can manage to not say "I hate towelheads and beaners" he will be declared the winner for looking "presidential".

This election cycle makes my tummy hurt.
  • Watching the debate feels like some kind of awful responsibility, that I could get away with skipping, but I know as a grown ass adult, I would be remiss.

It's a bit like a proctology exam.
    edited September 2016
    And was he?
    AH! You so funny, Ev.
    edited September 2016
    I really need to sell off some of my gear. But you are making me seriously dread it.
    It's not that bad. You'll get some funny stories that you can tell your friends. Just be patient.

Here's the best advice I can give you: only sell stuff when you don't really need the money. That way, if you sell, you sell. If you don't, you don't. No biggie.

I know, it's a paradox!
    edited September 2016
    I'm not watching no fucking debate, man! I'll read about it tomorrow. And I'm counting on you to do it for me. :-h
    I'm starting to question your allegiance to this country.
    Yeah, tonight's debate should be about asking serious questions and getting serious answers. But that's BORING! That stuff is for liberal nerds and policy wonks who read blogs and know the names of Supreme Court Justices and shit. People wanna be entertained, you know, they wanna hear zingers and see swagger!
    Sorry, I was channelling my inner TV news exec.
    Narrator: Is the American electorate so crazy that they'd choose Trump to be their president.

Bugs Bunny: Ehh, could be.
    Let's play one of them debate drinking games. Here are the rules:

1) Open up a bottle of alcohol.

2) Drink it.
    Soooo... How was it? I heard something about sniffles...
    Dude totally busted some caterpillar sized rails before he came out.
    edited September 2016
    It seems that most people think La Clinton won but it was a victory on points, not a KO. Basically, Trump is his own worst enemy and La Clinton just let him hang himself. Most importantly, Trump failed to appeal to voters who weren't already on his side.

Is that your impression too?
    Which would, in retrospect, explain so much of his personality. I HAVE GOT SUCH GREAT IDEAS.. THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST HOTEL EVER!!! <<SNOOOORRRRRRKKKKKK>>
  • Trump is a reality-TV guy who blooms with editing. He'll throw out dozens of asides, some of them bizarre, but there's always the six-second chunk in there that's golden. For months the media have been doing that editing work for him. Now America got to watch the unedited outtake reel and it's terrible.
    A conversation I had the other day:

Dude: "The lesser evil is still evil".

Me: "Yeah, dude, but see, it's less evil!"
    edited September 2016
    Anyway, from what I've read and seen, I think I may be pointing out the bleeding obvious by saying that both parties are pretty much ideologically exhausted. After wining the repug nomination, Trump started to adopt a more extreme version of the same old shit that has been around since Reagan. Clinton presents herself as Obama's heir. No new ground has been covered.
    Nope. Not so much. #dontblamemeivotedforbernie