Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goofus seizes the means of production.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
Is that like a pussy grab?

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    That was pretty good ^^
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited December 2016
    Thanks! Does that mean that you forgive me that terrible woofer joke?
    - 23°C tonight! And it's not even winter yet.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    So this election stuff with Russia has gotten pretty intense. What if Trump ends up being brought up on charges of treason?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Public execution on NBC and NBC affiliates?
    So this election stuff with Russia has gotten pretty intense. What if Trump ends up being brought up on charges of treason?
    Lock him up!
    Winter break starts today! Woo hoo!!!
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    While I think they most likely tried to influence the election as much as they could, there isn't enough evidence suggesting that they won it for Trump. Most of the noise over this subject is the Democratic Party attempting to make excuses for their terrible candidate and behaviour (kinda like how they blamed Nader for Gore losing), as well as the beginning of the effort to try and undermine Trump's credibility.

The fact that Clinton lost with such a dramatic difference in the popular vote should be enough. This neo-Red Scare stuff feels a little too much like pandering to conspiracy-loving American public.

Also, as has already been pointed out countless times already, it is rather rich to see the U.S. upset about election tampering. Really? The Obama Administration could have intervened and struck ISIS when they were crossing the desert and most vulnerable but let them go just because they knew it would make trouble for Assad. The same administration joined in the attack on Libya that ended with their leader raped with a bayonet and lynched on the side of a road. The previous administration invaded Iraq, lynched its leader and plunged the entire region into chaos that has left millions dead. And that is not even getting into the last century of assassinations, cooked elections and interventions by the CIA. What did the Russians do? Hack some emails? Sent some spambots? Boo hoo.

I am profoundly disturbed by this Pizzagate shit, though. I kinda feel like the last decade of my obsession with the growing power of conspiracy theory has been somewhat validated.

It was sorta weird that all of a sudden the MSM is all about "fake news" (terrible name). I'm like, "That's my thing!"

But also, now I feel like I sorta missed my window of opportunity and am sorta kicking myself for not having more of my writings on the subject concentrated somewhere. Fuck.
    I sorta feel that way about talking myself out of investing in gold in 1997.
    Yeah, that would have been more likely to turn a profit
    edited December 2016
    By doing and saying whatever it takes to win, motherfucker-in-chief destroyed what little civility and fair play was left in US politics. Anything goes now! President-elect asshole is reaping what he sowed. So fuck him and pass the popcorn!
    edited December 2016
    But I gotta agree, considering the number of times the US gov has interfered with other countries' internal politics, it's quite funny that they're now complaining about Russian election tampering!
    edited December 2016
    All this already, and president-elect Dunning–Kruger hasn't even been sworn in yet! <:-P
    If you like twisted torture horror, Honeymoon over on the Netflix just might be something you have to see,
    Innovative Stoner Metal Album Blends Influences from Black Sabbath and Black Sabbath
    Fans and critics alike say stoner metal band Wand Luthier has redefined the genre with their debut album, The Blazed Among the Ranks of Battle, breaking new ground through a host of unconventional influences ranging from Black Sabbath all the way to Black Sabbath.
    "I Love Lucy Photos That Will Make Your Skin Crawl"
    edited December 2016

Is this a stunt?
    That's a rhetorical question, right?

I think the dumbass actually believes in the bullshit he says. I mean, you should know, I think you're quite familiar with far-right groupthink.
    I'm kind of enjoying that some big ass US media is being mean to the unpresident! Of course, it probably won't last past the inauguration. There are sammiches and BBQ to be eaten at Mar-a-Lago, after all.
    http://nos.nl/video/2149213-russische-ambassadeur-neergeschoten.html

Well, this can't possibly be a good thing. Russian Ambassador shot dead in Ankara by a man screaming about Aleppo.

BBC is reporting that he said, "Don't forget about Aleppo. Don't forget about Syria."

The Independent is reporting that he said, "We die in Aleppo, so you die here."

I just turned in my lesson plans for the week after the break. Fuck off, procrastination tendencies.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    edited December 2016
    Public execution on NBC and NBC affiliates?
    You laugh, but when Matilda was barely ten years old, they lined Ceausescu and his wife up against a wall and shot them on Christmas Day. They broadcast an image of the two of them slumped dead against the wall on national television for most of the day.
    In better news, we got our house.

In a bit of good news/bad news, those mysterious cables were not the wiring to control the lights smart home style. But they were cat5e ethernet, so that is cool, too.
    Mazel tov, Jeff!!!
    In better news, we got our house.
    Pictures or it didn't happen!
    But seriously now: congrats Jeff!
    edited December 2016
    Remember the joke I made about journalists whoring themselves to the unpresident? Some didn't even bothered waiting for the inauguration.

https://twitter.com/mikeallen/status/810672816651636736/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
    What was going on with the house? I missed a lot while I have been coming apart at the seams.
    You've been coming apart at the seams?! What happened?
    Yeah, what's up, Matthew?