Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major Major Major

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
Major.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,008
    Minor!
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I've probably asked, but have you seen Oasis Supersonic? I've watched it twice. If you hated Oasis, it'll probably make you hate them more. I love those first two albums. I love Masterplan. They were just so good.
    I'm not a fan of that band, for a number of reasons... So no, I haven't watched that.
    I saw Rogue One with the family. In my opinion, probably the best or second best movie in the series, up there with Empire Strikes Back.

Which means I'm damning it with faint praise! Similarly to The Force Awakens, I had an impression of an endless recycling of tropes, with the addition of a few new ones (like the Zatoichi thing). But it was well made, entertaining and I liked the somewhat bleak ending.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    So now Trump is going on and on about how the intelligence agencies are biased and need to be restructured, with significant cuts.

Hypothetically speaking, if a PEOTUS wanted to find a way to get murdered, attempting to destabilize the CIA and/or FBI and eliminate a bunch of their funding and jobs would be a rock solid technique to get that shit done.
    Bernie being Bernie:

Have to drive to KY tomorrow for one of those can't-take-a-day-off deals where you drive over after work on Friday, have Saturday to visit, then hurry back on Sunday. Ugh.

I'm really ready to just have some time off to hang out in my house and unpack stuff.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Evan I have watched the Oasis documentary and I liked it. They are twits but I like their music. A lot of musicians are twits in my opinion. I try real hard to separate the personality from the music but if dick band treats a friend of mines band bad I'm done. After Eric said Dr. Dog was mean to the band with the girl and a guy??? Damn I can't think of them now I don't bother to listen or even see if I like Dr. Dog
    edited January 2017
    Wye Oak is the band Dr. Dog was a dick to

I'm not a fan of that band, for a number of reasons...

What's the #1 reason you didn't like them?
    #1 reason I dislike Oasis: Liam Gallagher.

#2 reason I dislike Oasis: Noel Gallagher.
    edited January 2017
    Don't take it badly, Ev, and remember, it's just my opinion but... I would have to like their music a lot more to tolerate those two oiks. But Noel writes predictable songs with basic chord structures, and he's not exactly Keats, eh?

Also, I was severely overexposed to their hits back in the 90s: I can't listen to Wonderwall without having a panic attack.
    I'm not a big Wonderwall fan either. I only love Champagne Supernova and Don't Look Back in Anger... and Cigarettes and Alcohol and Married With Children....and Columbia and Supersonic and Cast No Shadow...and...Some Might Say...She's Electric...

I 'rediscovered' them a short time before that new doc came out, so everything lined up pretty perfectly to re-awaken my inner fanboy.
    And yeah, they're a couple of arrogant twats, and they know it.
    I was pretty into a lot of Britpop.
    edited January 2017
    Something to which many of my peers just could not relate.

Back in the days when I socialized.
    Definitely Maybe and (What's The Story) Morning Glory are two albums that are listed on Top 100 albums of all time Dan.

I like Brit Pop, Shoegaze as well Ev
    I can't believe Crappin, Ain't My Lookout or One Sock aren't on this list...if Pavement and GBV are then Grifters should be before them...I'm biased I guess
    Hi Kim!
    It's only January 6th and we may already have the fake lead name of the year:

Terdy Vagfartt von Pussywart.

Stupid and vulgar, but ambitiously so.
    edited January 2017
    Definitely Maybe and (What's The Story) Morning Glory are two albums that are listed on Top 100 albums of all time Dan.
    I don't really pay attention to those kinds of lists.

In the mid 90s, when "brit pop" was big, I was obsessing over bands on New Zealand's Flying Nun label and obscure american bands like, you know, The Grifters... My favourite british bands of that time are probably the Tindersticks and the Beatnik Filmstars.

So I didn't pay attention to that stuff. However, I do own a few "brit pop" records, bought several years after the hype died down (of the top of my head, a couple of Blur cds, Elastica's and Suede's first records, A few Pulp records).
    Is this 'real' news?
    No idea. But conservatives spent the last 8 years making all kinds of shit up about Obama, so don't let that stop you.
    Terdy Vagfartt von Pussywart.
    I can improve on that! How about "Turdy Vagfartt von Pussywart"?
    edited January 2017
    I remember when Oasis did Unplugged and Liam refused to perform and Noel sang all of his parts. All I could think was, "If Noel writes all of the fucking songs and sings 95% just like Liam, what the fuck do they need Liam for? How can this band keep breaking up when the one who keeps leaving is so utterly fucking unnecessary?"
    Hypothetically speaking, if a PEOTUS wanted to find a way to get murdered...
    I hope that hypothetical doesn't happen because then we'd be stuck with Pence.

Except for poor folks losing their health insurance, the potential for an economically catastrophic trade war with China, and the possibility that the new leader of the "free world" is actually more unhinged than many already believe him to be, the next 4 years may be rather innocuous.
    You're being optimistic, Ev! Are you feeling all right?