Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are there any lasers involved?

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
Good morning!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    First round of voting for the french presidential elections is tomorrow. After Brexit and Trumpageddon, I'm not making any predictions. I'm just going "please, please, don't be stupid" each time I read about it.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited April 2017
    SIMON GOT INTO THE MAGNET SCHOOL!!!!!!!
    Huzzah for Simon! Excelsior!
    edited April 2017
    The results of the first round of voting for the French presidential election are in. It's going to be the schmiberal versus the fascist... The candidates from the traditional left and right ruling parties were kicked out.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Huzzah for Simon!!!

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    YAY SIMON!!!
    Yes, I've sufficiently shell shocked at this point that I was expecting a big surge for La Pen. But she came in right around where the polls said. So if the polls remain accurate maybe France can be our shining beacon.
    Yes Todd Rundgren and Carl Palmer doing and ELP set are coming to a great open air venue in Baltimore in August. I'm excited about that.
    edited April 2017
    I hope they elect Macron in two weeks, but I think he's crap. I believe him to be the french equivalent of a "moderate democrat". He's the status quo.
    That being said, although I was sympathetic to Jean-Luc Mélenchon, I'm pissed at him because he isn't endorsing Macron. That's shabby and stupid.
    What a punk.
    Has anyone seen the Black and Chrome version of Fury Road? My local is screening it this week. Kinda curious.
    I have it downloaded, I think.

I love the shit out of Fury Road, but I think I'm too early still for a rewatch.

American Gods starts Sunday! Super stoked for that one.
    edited April 2017
    I finally got around to cleaning out the garage this weekend. In the little workshop in the corner was a window shutter. We thought it was just propped against the wall, as it was amidst some other junk. Nope. It was a door. Behind it, there was a little storage area under the stairs. It's a raised ranch with a little half staircase, then a platform, then another half staircase. I filled the area directly under the stairs with stuff, then hung a little curtain made from clearance fabric in front of that (gorilla tape making the seams, staple gun putting it into place. I got a twenty dollar carpet remnant and put it on the floor in the space under the platform. They'd already put drywall around the walls and ceiling in that part and a little light fixture.

So this made it into a little secret room for Simon:

18056804_1727309123962278_430665492445156465_n.jpg
    720 x 960 - 137K
    Perfect until he gets his Hogwarts invitation.
    edited April 2017
    It looks like a great place to hide muslims!
    edited April 2017
    It looks like a great place to hide muslims!
    (laughing)
    (laughing fades)
    (nods solemnly)
    edited April 2017

So let me get this straight: if Trump doesn’t get money to build that stupid wall mexicans were supposed to pay for, he will take insurance away from millions and the government might shut down!

In other words, he's threatening the democrats that if they won't do what he wants, he will shoot himself in the foot.

The man's a genius! L-)
    edited April 2017
    I've become curious about the mental state of the poor reporters who have to fact check Trump knowing before they even sit down to the keyboard that: a) everyone already knows he is lying (about whatever it is); b) he doesn't care if everyone knows he's lying, because; c) his base doesn't give a shit, so; d) he's going to keep on lying and no amount of fact-checking will stop it.

That has to be depressing.
    That's the second lightbulb in his secret room, by the way. I broke the first one with my head.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Congrats Simon! How does he like his secret room? That's really cool
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Nice room! Simon's lucky that his dad is a handyman!

• KimKim Posts: 624
    A good reading room
    I think he's a little wary that there was evidence mice had been in there in the past, but he's warming up to it.
    edited April 2017
    Jeff, you need a cat.

Jeff, you should get a clawed mini-predator that leaves allergens everywhere it goes and shits in a box in your living room. Also, it will hate you.
    You say that as if it was a bad thing!
    The trick is to have five. Statistically at least one or two will like you.