Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do it in the morning, when the deck is in the shade

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHH.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited June 2017
    And if you say deck like the Kiwis do... ;;)
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    edited June 2017
    New Zealand and Aussie accents always kill me. They're like hillbillies from another hemisphere. #casualprejudice
    edited June 2017
    Hashtags make everything more annoying.
    Literally fake news.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    My mom and my sister want to do a family trip to Lake Tahoe this summer. I'm kinda indifferent about it. I don't particularly enjoy going places with my family. It's stressful and expensive. It fucks up my daily routine. I can't even think about saying no because Mom pulls that, "This my be our last chance to spend time together." She's been playing that card for the last 5 years.
    edited June 2017
    My family never wants to do anything except gather at my mom's house to drink Miller Lite and order Pizza Hut. It's desperately boring. I wish they'd go somewhere.
    My mom and my sister want to do a family trip to Lake Tahoe this summer. I'm kinda indifferent about it. I don't particularly enjoy going places with my family. It's stressful and expensive. It fucks up my daily routine. I can't even think about saying no because Mom pulls that, "This my be our last chance to spend time together." She's been playing that card for the last 5 years.
    Wouldn't it be funny if you finally said no and then she died just to make you feel guilty? Moms can be tricky like that.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    My family is coming to me at the end of July. Pops and brother are coming to help me fix some stuff on the house like patching our retention wall and refurbing the deck.

awwwwww yah.. full-circle back to deck repair!

#olddudehighfives
    I feel like we used to do stuff, but less and less each year.

My mom is becoming a fidgety, weird person who drinks beer all day and gardens and not much else.
    Ah man. Embarassing. First comment on NYTimes version of this story was "Not all heroes wear capes". I hearby declare that phrase dead.
    Moses smashed them, too. Just following his example.
    I'm a big fan of the Church of Satan jokers who simply sue for the right to put a statue of Baphomet right alongside.
    Maybe they can put up a temporary Baphomet until they get up to Mt. Sinai to get another set of commandments.
    Matilda posted last night on FB that she was sick of people calling their dogs and cats "their kids."

She got some support, but also one of her friends and one of my brothers got all het up.

I recognize that people love their cats and dogs. That's nice. They're not children though.
    I wish America would get as mad about Trump dismantling health care as they do him insulting a popular blonde white lady.
    My wife actually gave birth to our dog. She volunteered to be a surrogate for a pit bull that couldn't have pups. S_ _ _ had 8 of the cutest little critters She had to have extra nipples sewn on to accommodate them all.
    edited June 2017
    Matilda posted last night on FB that she was sick of people calling their dogs and cats "their kids."

She got some support, but also one of her friends and one of my brothers got all het up.

I recognize that people love their cats and dogs. That's nice. They're not children though.
    Do the people who got pissed have kids?

I love my three cats, but it's really not the same kind of affection as what I have for little S., not even in the same ballpark.
    My wife actually gave birth to our dog. She volunteered to be a surrogate for a pit bull that couldn't have pups. S_ _ _ had 8 of the cutest little critters She had to have extra nipples sewn on to accommodate them all.
    OMG, that is sooo sweet!
    I don't call my kittehs my children, but I'm cool if y'all do.

edited June 2017
    I do not think it's a case where people aren't being respectful enough of the way in which pets can be part of the family. I think it's more that people have been overly kind to people obsessed with their pets for too long and they've gotten a little puffed up and disconnected from reality.

This insistence that pets are "children" and that pet owners are "parents" has gone past the point of being cute and into the point of being a gross indulgence. It's becoming insulting to actual human beings and their parents and it maybe says a lot more about the sad personal lives of the overenthusiastic pet owners than they mean to put out there.

I mean, love the hell out of your pets, but geez people. Don't be fucking weird.
    The more I look at this, the more convinced I am it is the legit funniest thing I have seen all week.
    Vacation time starts in oh... seven hours...
    edited June 2017
    I've spent most of June sleeping, reading, exercising, and shooting bad guys on my Sniper Assassin 3D app. I hope to break myself of this stupid app obsession. I was a sucker for fps computer games for a long time. I thought I'd gotten that outta my system, but then I had to go and download this app. It's really not even fun.
    edited July 2017
    I've been playing the new Zelda game with my daughter. We've had it for a while, but we waited 'till we were both on summer break to start it. It's great! We're both a bit obsessed with it now!
    Something I saw on a thread about President Shit-fer-brains:

When I find myself in tweets of trouble
    Mother Russia comes to me
    Speaking words of wisdom: covfefe
    edited July 2017
    Let's say your family was going to Canada and you were bringing your mom along, who is a foreign national. Step one would be "Find out for sure if she needs a visa" right?

NOT IF YOU ARE MATILDA. She just asks her cousin and goes by what he said without so much as Googling or calling.
    Canada saves the day. Very nice Customs lady processing Mama for an emergency temporary pass. It's going to take hours and cost several hundred dollars, but at least the vacation is still on.
    I've considered emigrating to Canada for years and years. S_ _ _ bought a book a while back called something like, So You Wanna Move to Canada, which was a sort of how to... book. It was basically written to discourage us from trying.
    So the other night my mom tells me that my grandmother was born and raised in Montreal. I never knew that. I think I remember reading in that book something about it being easier if you've got family living there. Maybe it's time to try to connect with whatever cousins I've got who may be living in Canada.