Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What about chocolate cake or soufflé? Creme brûlée?

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
Good morning, lady and gents!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited August 2017
    Police seek man seen pleasuring himself during ‘The Emoji Movie’

Why are the police seeking him? He really liked the Emoji movie. Is that a crime?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    If the reviews are any indication, yes.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    WHAT'S EVERYBODY DOING FOR THE NEXT 12 DAYS?!?!?!?!??!
    I, myself, am on yaycation. Taking the boys to the Jersey Shore, NYC and Woodstock. Then next weekend we are competing in our first 48 Film Project.

6:00 can not fucking come fast enough.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,278
    edited August 2017
    Just got back from my friend's mom's funeral at an Episcopal church. You know those giant crucifixion icons they have hanging up behind the pulpit? This particular Jesus had short hair and was wearing some kind of robe. I also noticed that his feet were supported by a big block rather than the more traditional nailing of the feet. Maybe his feet were nailed to the block?
    Best of luck with the film competition! Crappity parents are the bestest.
    police-seek-man-seen-pleasuring-himself-during-the-emoji-movie
    "He was wearing a white dress shirt, black pants and a yarmulke on his head."

They're playing (among other places) Chicago, Montreal, Memphis, and Baltimore.

Eric, did your kids' interest in horror movies continue? Have they seen Suspiria? If not the combo of that film with its prog soundtrack might blow their minds.
    My kid is in the midst of his worst end-of-summer pain-in-the-ass phase yet. He's really no fun at all.
    They came around 2 years ago. It was an absolutely great show. Go if you're able.

I was amazed at how many Baltimoreans are serious Goblin fans. The place was packed and frenzied.
    Maybe I should re-watch Suspiria. It's been a while since I've seen it.
    I have to go back to work in 11 days and it's starting to sink in. I'm working on gradually trying to get out of bed earlier every day so it's not such a shock to the system to be semi-alert and driving to work at 7:15 A.M. on the 14th.
    Winter break, which I guess is about to be renamed Christmas break, doesn't start til the 22nd!
    Ugh. It's time to redouble our effort in our War on Christmas. We are losing ground.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    What's up with Simon? I think he's hilarious. I haven't been on the books of face much I need to see if there is any new Simon things.

What do you mean he's being a pain in the ass?
    Whiny?
    Believe me one day you will miss it
    BREAKING: Grand jury subpoenas have been issued related to June 2016 meeting between Donald Trump Jr., Russian lawyers and others - sources

Simon is just in a You Can't Tell Me Nothing phase. He's still a good kid, but he's no fun right now, 'cause he's temporarily a dick.
    Wouldn't it be great if you could just say, "Son, you're being a real dick lately"? And wouldn't be even better if his answer was, "I know. Sorry, Dad. I'm just really freaked out about some shit right now and I haven't yet learned how to deal with family when I'm in this space"?
    I know what you're talking about, when you start thinking why did I ever want this human to speak? Teenage years get worse cause they want to challenge authority sometimes and mumble smart
    aleck stuff or don't seem as afraid.

I agree it would be nice to have the conversation above
    Matt had the smart mouth and Luke didn't really. Luke lived with me until he was 12 so I didn't get the teenage years with him. Matt said Luke sometimes talked back to his dad.

My sons are totally different in every way, looks, personality, height, grades, music, ...
    Just curious did anyone else use the word smart aleck? I didn't know if it was midwestern or what

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/smart aleck
    My mom would scream at me I'm going to knock you into next week you smart aleck. She never did hit me just threatened. I always had to have the last word. Well I think I do remember getting smacked in the mouth once but I deserved it.
    Dischord's entire full catalog is now free to stream on Bandcamp.

Get you some Trusty:
    https://trusty.bandcamp.com/
    Smart aleck turned into smart ass at some point.
    My mother was a big time smacker.

Has anyone seen the most recent Planet of the Apes? Is it good?
    If you like the rebooted series, yeah. I think it's the best of those.
    I'm just looking for something to watch while I'm 'baking.'