Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Let me show you my deck!

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
edited August 2017 in Main
Come on, say it in a New Zealand accent!

Before:

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    After:
    IMG_2407.JPG
    766 x 575 - 238K
    IMG_2409.JPG
    766 x 575 - 172K
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Nice work on your dick, Dan.
    That film sounds fun, Eric. I hope we get to see it later on.
    edited August 2017
    It's a nice deck, isn't it? Not very large, but not too small either. Your deck looks larger, but it's not the size of one's deck that matters, it's what one does with it.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    This site is becoming nothing but deck-pics.
    I'm really loving depressing British kitchen sink dramas lately. I can't get enough of Ken Loach, Mike Leigh, all that stuff. I wish the films were easier to come by here in streaming though.
    Mike Leigh's Secrets & Lies is one of wifey's favourite movies, Jeff. Have you ever seen anything by a swede called Lukas Moodysson? I highly recommend this one.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    I'm trying to remember if I have seen that one. Loved Fucking Amal.

Also, aren't a lot of Ken Loach films available on YouTube? I already had most of them, so I never checked it out when that was announced.
    A bunch yeah, but mostly his oldest filmed play stuff.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I'm sure you guys get enough of this over on the Facebook, but this president's willingness to equate the white supremacists, Nazis and the KKK to people who want to fight them is so outrageous to me. Can a president be censured for saying shit like that? Will the Republicans collectively do what's right and let this guy know that presidents of the U.S. aren't allowed to say shit like that?
    And now for something completely different...

Okay (re Loach)

This is at least a little illuminating.

Not fun, but interesting.

Not surprised that white nationalists are going with the police officer special "he was afraid for his life, so he HAD to run those people down"
    edited August 2017
    Just finished reading King Leopold's Ghost. Just like the belgians (and the brits and the french and the germans, although the germans have other things to be ashamed of), the portuguese do not talk much about their colonial past.

I think that book would be right up your alley, Matt.
    And here's one of the guys from that Charlottesville doc crying like a baby upon finding out there's a warrant for his arrest:

edited August 2017
    That pleases me.
    Loved Fucking Amal
    Congratulations. I got nowhere with that bitch. I bought her a drink and she threw it in my face.

And good on your town, capn. I saw the city just took them shits down overnight.
    Congratulations. I got nowhere with that bitch. I bought her a drink and she threw it in my face.
    But Ev, Amal is a town in Sweden!
    The joke, she is killed!
    imageimage
    And good on your town, capn. I saw the city just took them shits down overnight.
    The people of Baltimore, not the government. There's been a big grassroots push to bring those down for the past few years. With nothing but feet dragging from City Hall.

So Monday rolls around and a crew of activists announce they'll be taking care of it on their own that night.

Hours later, City Hall suddenly had the funding and the trucks ready to go.

Any way, all's well that ends well.
    That makes more sense. Still a good ending though, yeah.
    But Ev, Amal is a town in Sweden!
    Oh...nevermind.
    We have a Lee Park in Dallas. Plus, Six Flags Over Tejas has a confederate flag. Maybe it wouldn't cost that much to rename it Bruce Lee Park and just put up a different statue.
    edited August 2017
    Well, I noticed that Il Douche sure didn't waste time condemning the Barcelona attack.
    Fuck you, guy who regrets voting for Trump! I mean, smarter people were screaming at you "Trump's a fraud, he's a liar, he's never done anything in his horrible life other than con people out of their money. Why the fuck are you believing him?"

But you didn't listen, did you, moron?
    That book is on my list. I had to study Leopold in my Africa class and fell in love with the subject. Saw the doc based on the book, but have yet to get around to the book.
    Wrote a little blurb on the topic of one of the conspiracy theories surrounding Charlottesville. Not so much a conspiracy, but the central defence that is being circulated on conservative clickbait pages. It's not much. Not much work went into it, it's actually just a comment I wrote on YouTube fleshed out a little with hyperlinks. I am going to try and throw more onto my blog rather than just littering the internet with comments under articles that slowly fade into the ether. I think I am going to move over to wordpress anyway. Whatever.

http://horseytown.tumblr.com/post/164324607736/the-charlottesville-killer-was-not-afraid-for-his