Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An even bigger battle sequence for no real purpose

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,506
G'morning!

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,506
    That theater I like caved and cancelled on Milo Yiannopoulos.

GOOD.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,631
    Good call.
    Making my way through the "Standups" series on Netflix.

So far I like Nate Bargatze, Deon Cole and Beth Stelling.

I get most of my comedy from Sirius, which chops up bits into song-size clips and shuffles them. I've had to adjust to the larger helpings.

Such as turning off an episode if you can tell you aren't going to like them. I watched way too much of Fortune Feimster before remembering I had the power to move on.

• matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    Nate Bargatze is one of the best young comics out there. Though he was a little underwhelming when I saw him live. Beth Stelling was far better live than on album.

I don't want to be one those dudes who has to comment on the look of every female performer, but I also find her very attractive.
    There's little denying that she is comely.
    edited October 2017
    I like Nate Bargatze because he's not only a good comedian, but he's also one of the only prominent examples in entertainment of the urban/suburban mid-southerner. I mean, we're not all truck-driving blue collar dudes. My Dad was in IT and I spent every weekend at the mall.

Bargatze absolutely seems like someone I'd have known in Memphis/Bartlett. Except funnier, naturally.
    He sounds like home, is what I'm saying.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    We also binged One Mississippi. Tig Notaro show. Very good. It's on Amazon Prime.

Last night watched part one of the finale of Star Trek Continues. It was kinda fantastic. They said they intended it to be a proper finale for TOS and they weren't kidding. The show is very hit or miss but this time out they scored a big ole bullseye.
    edited October 2017
    Ugh. T____ got a shitty review at work, composed entirely of things that ranged from flat out untrue(1) to pretty serious reaches(2). It seems clear it was intended to set her up to be fired sometime soon after that manager who is out of town gets back tomorrow. T____ is deciding if she wants to ride it out to see if she can stay on the payroll a bit longer while she tries to nail down her next job, or if she wants to just walk the fuck out.

(1) She was docked 7 points on an evaluation for "poor grammar." The offense? She referred to "Tom & Mary's rehearsal dinner." They said she should have said "Tom's and Mary's rehearsal dinner." She pointed out--and provided an actual citation to prove--the rule is that if the ownership is shared, only the second name is made possessive. For instance, if discussing the border between Ohio and Indiana--a single border shared by two states--you'd say "Ohio and Indiana's border." But if you were talking about their economies--two separate things, owned separately--it would be "Ohio's and Indiana's economies." Picking on the ESL woman's English probably seemed a safe bet, but the reality is, she speaks English better than virtually every native speaker I know, and with much more conscientious grammar.

(2) She was criticized for "overbooking the floor." The floor *was* overbooked... if you count the cancelled party of 30. You know what? That one was bullshit, too.
    I fucking hate those people. I hope she locks down this other job at her interview a week from today. I CANNOT STAND these pieces of shit and I want her out of there.

She really didn't need this. She was terrific at her last job, but they were losing money at her location and started to cut salaries by letting veteran people who earned more go. She felt like she had to leave... and then she got recruited by these fuckers, who then turned out to be awful backbiting people.

I can't wait for her to break free and I hope she manages to get out of restaurant business in general as part of it. It's no place for a grown up.
    What kind of fucking grammar nazis is she working for?
    Work being shitty to your girl is so much worse than your own work being shitty to you.

Makes you want to literally punch people.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,284
    I love that they knocked her for a grammar error she didn't make. That one REALLY makes her 'critic' look like an asshole. Shouldn't the evaluator be docked for docking her for something that wasn't even a mistake?
    No, they also get for a pair of commas they considered superfluous, so they're letting the point deduction stand. A PAIR OF COMMAS.
    She's really beside herself right now. I told her I'd back whatever play she wanted to make as far as quit/stick it out.
    edited October 2017
    Too bad there's not a Hospitality Industry Workers of America union rep she could turn to for help.
    Hey, it's October and I'm the only crappiteer with a creepy avatar!
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    I wouldn’t want to work for those fucks.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,015
    edited October 2017
    Jaysus, even I know that it's ""Ohio and Indiana's border", not ""Ohio's and Indiana's border."

It's just a made-up pretext. They're too cowardly, so they won't go "we want to fire you", so they invent fake justifications.
    I told her to just fucking quit today. They're very clearly going to fire her either today or Monday anyway, and I don't see any upside in waiting to be humiliated.

It's a little terrifying because we're low on reserves right now. Not month to month, but maybe only a single month ahead. But I just couldn't stand to see her suffer.

She's never had any difficulty lining up jobs before, so hopefully that luck will continue.
    We'll take PMAs if you got 'em, though.
    A pantload of Johnny Paychecks are on their way.
    Here's a shit load of Johnny Paychecks with humongous hats:

If that doesn't do it, nothing will.
    What is everybody planning on getting up into this weekend?
    Little S. is almost 10, birthday coming up soon. Next sunday, we're going to go shopping for her birthday gift. She wants a skateboard!
    My buddy Phineas is coming out to see our new(ish) place tomorrow and then he and I are gonna go see the Old 97's play some bar in Palatine.

Then there's a walk to raise awareness for safety or some such on Sunday morning. It's in honor of that 2 year-old we know who got run over.
    It is done. She quit.

Good, she doesn’t need to be humiliated by the fucking grammar police. Thanks for being a supportive husband not all men are so nice when it comes to things financial.

Tell your friend I like his work for Three Floyd’s!

That is definitely a 10 gallon hat on Johnny ha
    edited October 2017
    I’m doing the same shite - reading, a little cleaning, sparking up, listening to music and watching tv.

Today I went to Exhibit Columbus in Columbus Indiana. Art installations around prominent architecture. Columbus is known for it’s architecture and art because Cummins International invests in the community. There was also an indie movie called Columbus that had a lot of the architecture in it too. I saw that a month ago.

https://exhibitcolumbus.org/

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt5990474/