Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An even bigger battle sequence for no real purpose

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    My cousin Joyce died. She's the one I'm very close with who also lives up this way. She was Simon's godmother. She'd had cancer and kidney failure and Parkinson's and various other ailments.

I'm glad she's not hurting anymore, but we're all pretty sad. She was a great person.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Sorry for your loss and sending PMA’s
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I'm sorry about your cousin, Jeff.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Sorry Jeff. <3
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Sincere condolences, Jeff.
    What an upbeat fucking weekend we had. I'm glad the PMA network exists, but...

Let's find some time to make dick jokes and complain about tv shows.
    What did y'all think about last night's Trek Discovery?

I thought it was good, but not as strong as the 5th, or 3rd. Or the first.

Actually, it's the opposite of the classic films, because the odd ones are the best.
    Haven't jumped into STD yet. (oh god. are people avoiding that acronym?)

Screened Cabin in the Woods for the boys last night. It's the most violent movie I've let them see, but I knew they would eat up the story with a spoon.

I was correct, they loved it. Clapped at the end.

A_____ requested permission to attend a Halloween party next weekend in Pennsylvania (i think there is a girl involved) and I of course said yes. So last night was our family Halloween.

edited October 2017
    Oooh, if they like that kind of meta horror movie, have them watch Triangle.

That movie is fucking outstanding. One of my top five horror flicks.

Cube would also be a good followup, though that one is gory. Conceptually, it would probably delight them, though.
    Actually, I could do this all day... meta horror flicks are among my faves.

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon is terrific, too. It's a mockumentary about an aspiring slasher villain. It starts as a lampoon, then takes a hard turn into actual slasher film. Very fun.

Heck, they could even watch Scream. The sequels muddied its rep a bit, but it's still a terrific little movie.
    Not that anybody asked, it's just one of those topics I involuntarily gush about when it comes up.
    I didn't ask, but I'm glad for the suggestions.
    I love Triangle so much. It kills me more people don't know it, because it's sooooo good.

Images like this are in my head forever:
    We've watched the first two episodes of STD. The wifey and I enjoyed it, but Little S. took it badly when the captain died, and now refuses to keep watching it. Oh well.

We've finally started watching the new Dr. Who with her, I figured she's old enough for the scarier episodes. She's liking it so far.
    There are a few that will likely be too much, but they establish the tone very early on in each episode, so you'll sorta know. Where did you start her off at? Which Doctor?
    I am so bored you guys and I do not feel like working.

Let's discuss ALL THE POP CULTURE THINGS.
    There are a few that will likely be too much, but they establish the tone very early on in each episode, so you'll sorta know. Where did you start her off at? Which Doctor?
    The ninth doctor.
    I like the Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile album so far.

(hows that?)
    I've only heard the single but I liked it. I will check that out.
    Also for the first time ever, I have a solo-Morrissey earworm. "Spent the day in bed". Catchier than I thought he was capable of.
    edited October 2017
    That is a solid jam.

I've been listening to Jackie Shane after reading about her this morning. She was a black, trans soul singer in mid 60s Canada. She's got a really singular voice.

I'm actually a fan of Morrissey, but this still cracked me up...

How to Write a Morrissey Song
    edited October 2017
    I fucking hate grading midterms.
    What is the worst part of grading?
    Is it because you find out how little they’ve learned or how stupid the students are by not studying
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    It's just tedious.
    edited October 2017
    youtu.be/0uLI6BnVh6w

I’m kind of late to the party on her. She is Rob Schneider’s daughter. Reminds me a little of Amy Winehouse
    Thanks for the tip on Courtney Barnett/Kurt Vile as I really like both and I forgot about that album
    Elle King played a small club here and sold it out. One of my good friends was there and said it was really good
    She's Rob Schneider's daughter, right?