Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy Halloween, Y'all!

13»

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    I thought season two started slow, but it turned out well. It had a lot to say about toxic masculinity, which was unexpected and impressive.
    Banshee. If you want to watch something violent, that is your jam.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    If every episode had been as full-blooded as episode 2 (with Halloween) it would have been watchable. Even then final episode - which attempted bigness - wasn't quite as consistent as it should have been. The lack of any focus on character (except the eleventh hour attempt in the conclusion) and the painfully predictable expansion from single mysterious entity menacing them from an alternate universe thing to a "hive mind" finale where there is an James Cameron Aliens'-style army of demon dogs occupying a nest... just disemboweled it of everything I did enjoy about the first season.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Here's a place to read old comics for free.

http://readcomiconline.to/
    Here's a place to DL new stuff. I think they ask you to subscribe now but it's free (probably need to use a VPN)

http://getcomics.info/
    Jeez. RIP Sean. What the fuck?
    I've been enjoying The Gifted quite a bit.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Thanks y'all. It was a painful but needed weekend. Reconnected with a lot of the Florida crew.

Got confirmation that he OD'd. He's struggled with heroin since the Home days. He threw himself into getting straight and would work his ass off. Previously at a communal farm, this time at a christian ministry, working in the kitchen and helping other people kicking.

But every few years he'd fall down and have to start all over. Unfortunately this time Florida (along with most of America) is awash in Mexican heroin cut with fentanyl.

His oldest son, Joseph looks like a beautiful 14 year old version of Sean. He was terribly sweet. It took whatever backbone I had left to not just crumble in front of him.

God damn, that is sad. I'm glad you descended en masse to be there for his family, though.
    Tripp, I'm going to choke William Coslow the fuck out. You cool with that?
    edited November 2017
    It was really neat that y'all took a tour of Sean's murals. It's nice that he left traces of himself around town.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    I’m so sorry Eric.
    Fentanyl where it wasn't supposed to be is what killed Prince, too.
    Sorry Eric. I recall meeting Sean a few times. Then Jenny was on drums. Guess I wasn't aware of anything that was going on.
    edited November 2017
    Hey Tripp... Bendis just moved to DC.
    I saw that. I foresee many pointless conversations in the Batcave.
  • I'm way behind, obviously, but wanted to jump in here to offer you my condolences, Eric. That's so incredibly sad.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    <3
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2017
    One way I could alleviate some of my financial stress is to get a rent-paying roommate. Preferably someone who goes outta town a lot.
    Know anyone who's looking for a place to live?
    Welcome back Karen!