Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I foresee many pointless conversations in the Batcave

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
But also pointless conversations here, too.

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    G'morning!
    Here's to Virginia!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Here's to a whole bunch of races. It's been so dark for so long, a couple dozen local wins feels like sunrise.

If the DNC can get it's shit together, maybe we can stop the bleeding in 1-3 years.
    We're going to need experienced leaders when the end times come.
    We're going to need experienced leaders when the end times come.
    Ok. We've got our slogan. Let's start working on an updated logo.
    FUCK YEAH, DANICA ROEM (first openly transgender state legislator, who defeated one of those "bathroom bill" motherfuckers pretty soundly last night)!

And if her mere existence and victory weren't enough, she's also a metal singer and an apparently awesome human being.

Asked about her opponent she said this: "Bob Marshall will be one of my constituents. I'm not going to attack one of my constituents."

You can drop that mic, girl.
    Although people from Virginia I spoke to are actually torn, as she ran as a one issue candidate, with that issue being "More highways and fewer stop lights to improve traffic!" which is maybe not awesome.

She's less destructive than the other fuckhead anyway.
    Huh. Wasn't ready for that.
    I'll still take any tiny bit of light in these dark times.
    What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer
    TL;DR version: "YOU FUCKERS HAVE A LOT OF GUNS. That's why."
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited November 2017
    Yep. Of course, it won't make a dent. Like a lot of people, I gave up trying to argue it after Sandy Hook. I just hope that bullshit won't get exported to Canada.
    edited November 2017
    I watched Blade Runner 2049 with the missus last tuesday. I enjoyed immensely. But I'm not surprised that it bombed: it was clearly made with the geeks in mind. It's long, slow (but not boring, in fact I loved the pacing), bleak and, to fully appreciated it, you need to know the first movie quite well.

If I recall correctly, the first Blade Runner also bombed. I think this Blade Runner will be remembered too.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    Is the Louis CK revelation a sort of reprieve as everyone already knew about it before the NYT piece?
    I guess. The Matthew Weiner and Jeffrey Tambor ones were sadder.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    I don’t get this and the guy worked for a drapery company and the back and passenger seat was full of boxes and samples hindering sight. Wtf?
    C7C011F0-DC8C-4B83-8A0F-E38AB8F1496A.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    It's an old gag. Drapery company? They also sell window blinds. He's a man who sells blinds. So he's a "blind man."
    (doing the most respectful possible capn impression)
    SO WHAT'S EVERYBODY DOING THIS WEEKEND?

They rescheduled my horror movie marathon from tomorrow at noon to Sunday at noon. I'm going to see as much as these old bones allow.
    Here you go Kim. merininteriors.com/
    Sounds terrifying.

We are going to drive around and look at neighborhoods and apartments, despite the fact that we are probably 18 months away from selling the house.

There is another Come The Freak On festival (our version of Crappitystock) set for March, so I also need to listen through the Leels catalog and pick out a setlist. (also seems needlessly early, but my bandmates are pushing for it).

2017's new hit game show: "Guess Who Else Is a Sexual Predator?"
    Only barely better than "Guess which music great died today!?"
    You're looking at moving? What's bringing that on? New area? More space?
    Looking for less space. We have a huge house. We love it, but it keeps us house-poor.

With Aaron getting ready for college, we're just looking to strip off a big layer of "stuff", Simplify and have money to travel, save and help with college expenses.

We'll stay in Baltimore, but will likely end up in a funkier neighborhood.
    I feel really stupid ha.

I saw the name of the company. ? M ?Draperies & Blinds

I did do a double take ...

My 2007 Honda Civic needs a new starter. After I saw the blind man driving, I came home to drop perishables off in the refrigerator. Went back out and it wouldn’t start. Thought it was the battree as my grandfather would say but AAA came out and battery is fine. I then had it towed.

So I will be doing the same as always - reading books, finishing one and starting another. Watching tv and listening to music
    I found my great grandparent’s house and farm. It looked better than it did and the area is still wooded with no development. I had visions of the house being in ill repair or torn down and a bunch of ugly housing additions. It was the same as it was in the 70s which is kind of amazing.
    Clickbait title of the day: "Watch so mysterious it will make you cry".

ouch
    No matter where I am, whenever Cohn's song comes on I think of Tripp ranting about it (especially him saying that he would approve of Cohn's feet being 'ten feet off of Beale' if he were hanging from a lamp post).