Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I foresee many pointless conversations in the Batcave

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I'm having trouble getting the image of a naked Charlie Rose walking around the room trying to be sexy out of my mind.
    Acquaintance: How's S_ _ _
    Me: I think she's ok. You've probably heard we're getting divorced.
    Acquaintance: Divorced? Why?
    Me: Because you're an asshole?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Oliver Stone now, too. Though I'm filing that one under "assumed he was an asshole. already."
    Damn, John Lasseter, too... the director of Toy Story and Pixar's head honcho.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited November 2017
    Maybe they should just tell us who hasn't behaved inappropriately, eh?
    R.I.P. David Cassidy. When I was a kid I had a Partridge Family album and a Partridge Family lunch box. I also had some sort of Partridge Family mystery book. I remember it being kinda scary and disturbing.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    I had a Partridge Family album and still do. A great aunt and uncle got it for me around 5.
    Does it have the big hits, I Can Hear Your Heat Beat and I Think I Love You?
    This is a great read: The Myth of the Male Bumbler.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    WHATS E"RYBODY DOING FOR THANKSGIVING (US) ?!?!?!?!?
    We're gonna fix up a turkey by stuffing it full of lemons, herbs, and onions, cooking it on high on the bottom shelf at 500F until its skin is nice, then cover the breast with strips of bacon and finish it up at 350. Then we'll chop up the bacon and throw it in the gravy.

Some folks coming over, but less than usual.
    Oh, and Simon and I are gonna go check out the Christkindlmarket on Friday.
    Does it have the big hits, I Can Hear Your Heat Beat and I Think I Love You?

Yes, I will take a picture when I find it sometime in the next few days
    edited November 2017
    Simon has been reading my Classic X-Men (those sort of reprints of the Giant Size X-Men #1 and later team with extra added bits that came out in the 80s/90s) but he's up and down on 'em. He loves the characters and stories, but he positively HATES the retro Marvel thing where the narrating voice the writer has across the text is sort of over-the-top and intrusive.
    We usually do an advent calendar for Little S., were she typically gets chocolates and small gifts. This year, we found a bunch of cheap Dr. Who pins and badges. We got a Tardis badge, another badge says "Trust me, I'm the Doctor"... And we have a dalek badge that says "EXTERMINATE!".

I'm sure she's going to love them!
    Advent calendars are fun! Enjoy
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 419
    To be clear...I posted that Franken related stuff not because I endorse any of it in 'slut-shaming' sort of way. I didn't share the other stuff that I saw people posting because it was really awful (bonafide slut-shaming - something liberals really shouldn't be doing when they spend the other 364 days of the year proclaiming that they are feminists).

I just thought a) that there might be enough grey area that he might not have to step down b) there is a possibility that Roger Stone or someone else thought the opportunity was ripe (the non-stop accusations in the media) to take down a high profile Democrat. Given the coked-fueled shenanigans at SNL I am actually surprised that they didn't have higher quality dirt on Franken.

I haven't really looked at the second accusation.
    Happy Thanksgiving, crappiteers!
    Happy Thanksgiving and I’m thankful to have you to blather on to :smile:
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Happy Thanksgiving. We're about to go meet S___'s mom and sister at Dixie Cafe. My kind of Thanksgiving. Just immediate family and no fuss. I'm pretty sure S___'s extended family have no interest in seeing us. They're Trumpers and my Mother-in-law and I usually get into it with them. Also, I don't really like them anyway.

Think I'm gonna have a hamburger.
    Well now it sounds like Franken has a history of being an ass-grabber. I kinda still don't believe it though. Guess I just don't want to. I'm proud to say I've never grabbed an ass that I wasn't already involved with. I don't understand why anyone would think it's ok especially if you're a celebrity or someone looking to go into politics. I would think Al was smarter than that.
    I saw Justice League. It's ok. Stupid enough that little kids should enjoy it over and over but MAN is it stupid. There's at least three scenes where someone calls a hero by their real name with civilians standing around. You'd think someone would say " Did Lois Lane just call Superman Clark? Is his name Clark? ". How did these things make it into the movie?
    Also, the villain wants to terraform the Earth to make it into his homeworld. That's the exact same premise as MOS.! Also, that's Darkseid's MO so what's he going to do now?
    Pretty sure WB is going to use Flashpoint as a way of completely rebooting the franchise but at this point it is just way too late.
  • happy thanksgiving, kids
    edited November 2017
    What do you mean "happy thanksgiving"!? That was in October!
    Can't say I am sad that I don't work with people in the 'natural health' field anymore.
    Screen Shot 2016-01-07 at 5.07.08 PM 2.png
    492 x 626 - 290K
    That was a post by a co-worker. A lot of the likes were co-workers.
    They really believe that person is 191 years old?

I may have to move to Montreal and start selling natural supplements because clearly those dopes are ripe for the picking.