Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Holiday love to Miz Kim

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
edited December 2017 in Main
Yeah, we're all thinking of you, Kim. Hang in there!

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,472
    So far this morning when confronted with work hassles, I just quietly sing to myself (to the tune of "Jingle Bells") "I don't give a fuck! I don't give a fuck!" It really helps if you imagine sleigh bells as your musical accompaniment.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    I'm trying to sing "I don't give a fuck" to the sound of Jingle Bells, and it isn't working: the number of syllables doesn't fit. However, "fuck this shit" instead of "jingle bells" works nicely.

"Fuck this shit, fuck this shit, fuck this all the way
    Oh, what fun it is to fuck all this shit away, hey! "
    The "I don't give a fuck" part syncs nicely over "Dashing through the snow"...

"I don't give a fuck!
    I don't give a fuck!
    I don't give a fucking fuck!
    No, I don't give a fuck!"

Repeat for the "Bells on bobtails ring" part. Then for the chorus:

"I don't give, I don't give, I don't give a fuck!
    I don't give a fucking fuck, no I don't give a fuck! (Hey!)"
    Welp, now that the repugs have passed their rip-off tax bill, I expect "fiscal responsibility" to be in vogue soon. See, this is the usual procedure of conservatards all over the world: first cut taxes, then cut government services because they're too expensive. And chances are the press will play along!
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Thanks for the above talk, I've been trying to squeeze the words into the wrong section.

I finally gave up and went with Here Comes Santa Claus

I don't give a fuck
    I don't give a fuck
    Right down give-a-fuck lane!
    OOOH, that's good.

I might change the third line to "Got no fucks to give!"
    edited December 2017
    Da xmas spirit, u haz got it!
    edited December 2017
    First: U.S. 'Will Be Taking Names' Of U.N. Votes On Jerusalem Resolution

And then: U.N. Votes Overwhelmingly To Condemn U.S. Decision On Jerusalem
    128 countries voted in favor of the resolution rejecting President Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital, 9 voted against, 35 abstained.
    Canada abstained.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Awe thanks you guys. I hope I’m not a whiner.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 417
    No. I am a huge whiner and I have really nothing to complain about. <3
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 417
    Um, went to see Disaster Artist. 2.5-3 stars out of 5? It was fun, but they really overdid the exposition explaining why and how things about the movie were funny. I might be inclined to believe that this is simply what happens when you make a movie about the making of a movie that only a small portion of the population has seen, but they did a far better job handling this with ED WOOD. Ed Wood's films were more visually and evidently weird, and it is really Wiseau's dialogue that makes The Room so funny, but still... something off about the script.

Still, I would highly recommend watching The Room before watching Disaster Artist, because the real clips from the film come too late (the credits) for them to be much use to audiences who haven't been watching and rewatching the movie for the past decade.

I’m shocked. Shocked! Nobody could have predicted this!
    People have been predicting Bitcoin's demise for about five years, yeah. But they've also been wildly wrong about how high it would go. remember people snickering that it would never sustain $1000? It's "cratered" to about a dozen times that.
    I'm not saying it's a safe investment, mind you. But I am saying that no one really knows what the fuck Bitcoin is going to do, including the naysayers.
    edited December 2017
    I didn't snicker because of that. I snickered because it was clear since the beginning that people were buying bitcoins not to use them as a criptocurrency, but to speculate on their future value. Compared to "real" currencies, one can't buy much with bitcoin except other bitcoin. It was obvious that it was a bubble.

I do think there's a good chance that bitcoin will be around in the future. I also think that other cryptocurrencies will come to the fore which are more able to handle the transactional needs of a larger number of people than bitcoin can. And I also think that this will be, for the most part, a bad thing. It risks further increasing the disconnect between our economies and the real world, it will make money laundering and tax evasion even easier, and it risks making our economies even more unstable, prone to speculation and short-termism.
    I don't know that I agree with your first point (c"can't buy much with bitcoin except other bitcoin" ... you can turn it around for cash, and that's enough for most) but I absolutely 10,000% agree with the second.
    I thought you could buy coke and hookers with it? I thought that was the point.
    edited December 2017
    Jeff, if one has to sell one's bitcoins to get "real money" in order to buy something (like hookers and coke), then bitcoins aren't really a currency, they're just yet another kind of speculative stock.
    Is anyone getting off work early today? I hope I am. We have a meeting at 2 and I am hoping they turn us loose after that.
    I was off work last week, but I'm still grading final exams.
    2:30 for me.

But not for S_____ because PBS is run by grinches.
    edited December 2017
    Charles Dutoit shut out of 7 symphonies amid sexual assault accusations

He was the head of the Montreal Symphony Orchestra until 2002. One of my wife's friends is an ex-violinist who left the orchestra because she couldn't stand him. If I recall correctly, she wasn't sexually assaulted, but the guy liked to verbally abuse musicians.
    Cases like that are so weird because inevitably, people will say they knew the guy was s shitty, abusive bully but they didn't know he was a rapist. First of all, there's a pretty high correlation between habitual bullies and sexual assaulters. But on a more basic level, why did you employ someone for that long who you knew was shitty and abusive anyway?
    edited December 2017
    Talking about assholes... You guys have the misfortune of knowing who Mike Cernovitch is, right?

If you do, you may enjoy this: Mike Cernovitch (or someone who claims to be him) answers questions on Reddit.

Here's a taste:
    Hey Michael, long-time follower here. In your blog post titled "When in Doubt, Whip it Out" you advocate for masturbating on top of women who don't consent to intercourse. However, you've went on record on twitter claiming that masturbation is a "tool of cultural marxists" used to "criminalize normal sex". Your stance isn't completely clear, is masturbating on someone without their consent good or bad?

Also, it's a matter of public record that you were charged with rape, and plead it down to a battery charge. Did you hire a private investigator to harass witnesses like you claim you did on your old legal blog or is that untrue?

Thanks in advance.
    And this just in...
    Reminds me of the character in Brainstorm that created a 5 second loop of someone else's brainwaves during orgasm and damn near killed himself.

"How often do you and Roy Moore go to Comet Pizza?"