Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Happy New Year, crappiteers!

13»

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Thanks for that. I watched a piece of Salvation over the weekend out of curiosity. I hated it at the time but wondered if I'd just gotten myself too hyped up. No, it really is a joyless overwrought waste of the franchise.

Not to mention Bale's Batman voice without the Batman.

I'll check out Genisys. I was cool with the TV series and that was hardly a masterpiece. Put me in that world and keep things moving along and I'm happy.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    edited January 2018
    I read somewhere that the script for Salvation was better, but that it had John Connor as a supporting character who got killed. The real hero was supposed to be Sam Worthington's good Terminator, who would have taken Connor's mission to heart and taken over his identity when Connor died. Bale signed on and then said there was no point in starring in a Terminator film as John Connor if he wasn't even the hero. They hastily rewrote it to make him the lead.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,494
    Although McG's direction was so joyless and grim, I don't think a better script could have saved it.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    I was actually irritated by Oprah's speech. Good speech but as it reached a crescendo I was thinking it was a bit of grandstanding and sure enough nobody is talking about the content of the speech, just that she might run for president. So, way to make it about yourself Oprah.!
    The Algorithm Gods finally placed the video link before me late last night and I dutifully watched it. I was actually stunned at how uninspired it was. I didn't disagree with its substance, but I was taken aback by how common everything she said was. It was everything that everyone has been saying for the last year or two.

I did chuckle when she began to raise her voice at the end. She couldn't help but go into Everyone Gets A Car mode in the last stretch.
  • matthewmatthew Posts: 421
    I'm supremely irritated by how many normally sane publications are running with this story. We need to be a LOT smarter over the next 3 years if we're going to survive.
    Agreed. Especially considering the environment in which she gave the speech. Liberals may have seen it as some stand against workplace harassment, the patriarchy, and all that, but the right can only see that as evidence that Oprah is a member of the Hollywood elite.

Pizzagate didn't vanish, it receded somewhat into the more generic 'pedogate' which still insists that there is this massive network of high-placed pedophiles and sexual abusers that permeates the liberal establishment. Rather than seeing #metoo as evidence that liberal feminists are taking on their victimizers, the revelations of sexual misconduct and rape amongst adults have been clumsily merged with these asinine conspiracy theories about child abuse. It's no surprise that within hours of her speech there were Weinstein/Oprah "SHE KNEW" memes all over Facebook.

The Democrats need someone boring and sober and serious and unflashy who is preferably not from the old guard. But this might change if Trump drops out or is primaried in 2020.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    I really liked Get Out. I was engrossed the whole movie and never felt tired ha
    Funny you said that Tripp. A kind of celebrity in our music scene here literally sucked himself off at a party ... In The Middle of The Party. :|
    That was about 15 years ago I would never tell anyone here who it was. There were a lot of people at the party. I’m surprised it hasn’t came out.
    here = Indy
    I have the worst headache behind my eyes.

Domestic violence is sure on the upswing here for some reason.
    Wow.

I can't help but wonder if he was jedi-level flexible, or had a long ass schlong.

The 2nd option and is tall and very flexible. I turned around and left when I saw that. He was sitting in a corner. One of the odd as fuck moments of my life.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    Motörhead guitarist 'Fast' Eddie Clarke is dead. I guess he won't be running for the presidency.
    (sadly throwing away my "Clarke/Goldthwait 2020" lawn sign)