Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So far, this is the best thread title of the year.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
I disagree!

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    Wise guy, eh?
    My sister wants me to go with Mom to Las Vegas over spring break. I don’t want to, but I feel like I have to. It might be good to get away for a few days...Should I bring my guitar? I don’t want to not play for 2 or 3 days.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited February 2018
    Yes, you should! But airline companies have a bad rep regarding that. I know some airlines let you carry it as in-flight luggage...

Is it an expensive acoustic? How attached are you to it?

I have two acoustics: an old Guild, which I adore and never leaves home, and a small and relatively cheap Simon & Patrick (a sub-brand of Godin, a local guitar company; great little guitar, by the way), which I don't mind taking with me if I go out somewhere.
    I have 1 guitar. It’s a middle of the road Yamaha acoustic.
    edited February 2018
    Yamaha makes decent guitars. A friend of mine has a Yamaha SA1200 (Yamaha's take on the Gibson ES-335) from the early 80s and that thing is lovely! It puts gibson to shame. And my first acoustic was a Japanese made Yamaha FG-180.

Anyway, Yamaha's are solid guitars, and usually easy to replace if there's a problem. I would take it with me to Vegas.
    By the way, did you guys know that Gibson is facing bankruptcy?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Millennials killed guitars!!
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,490
    Wasn't there a whole thing where they were knowingly using wood from protected trees?

Fuck those folks anyway.
    edited February 2018
    Yep. And the present CEO of gibson is a right wing cretin. I love the guitars (some of them anyway), but I hate the company.

Fender is in trouble too. I think the main reason the big builders are in trouble is the simple fact that they keep churning loads of instruments into a market that is saturated: used instruments, new builders, cheaper high quality import guitars, all competing for the attention of a stagnant number of players.

I have never bought a new guitar, all my stuff was acquired second hand.

That makes sense. A large percentage of guitars are cherished and well-cared-for and another large percentage of them are seldom played and avoid wear and tear that way.

With no major improvements in guitar technology, it makes sense that after a certain point there would just sort of be enough guitars.
    I get your logic but it feels weird to think that the world has enough guitars.
    Also.. Billy Graham is going to lie in honor in the fucking Capitol Rotunda?!?!
    edited February 2018
    Take that, libturds! MAGA!
    Not going to Vegas cause we're going to Reno instead. I'm a little worried about because a while back I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
    I didn't mean there are literally "enough" guitars. But enough to cause the guitar-making industry to take a tumble without any clear path out of it? Yeah. Yeah, seems like.
    Not going to Vegas cause we're going to Reno instead. I'm a little worried about because a while back I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
    So now when you hear a train whistle blowing, you hang your head and cry, right?
    This one made me laugh. I hope it's satire.
    DW6UJNuUQAAyfrx.jpg
    475 x 320 - 34K
    "purring jew" will be the name of my next cat.
    You guys, my blood pressure is down from 149/108 to 110/68.

(FLEXES)
    So...
    Yah.....
    just gonna...
    bump that image up..
    so it's not ..
    on ..
    my screen..
    edited February 2018
    Skip to 0:48 to hear what a snare sounds like inside a nuclear cooling tower.

^ my kind of clickbait