Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Plenty of people want to rock, they're just not on the radio

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
Happy Thursday!

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    Marvel/Disney should hire the team that made the new Lost in Space for Netflix to make a new Fantastic Four film. That show is pitched right at the right niche of sci-fi/family drama that property needs.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Are we over here now?
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Yeah, I guess.
    Yeah. I knew how the right would cry about her act, but I'm really surprised at a few lefty news groups that are whining. She is a hired comedian. She is not a journalist. She does not represent the profession. If there are people out there that can't understand that, that's on them. No apology required.
    soo...... How 'bout them Avengers, huh?
    Sorry. Too soon?
    You talking to me? I don't go to no super hero movies, you know.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I like superhero stuff, but I’ll probably wait to watch it at home.
    The people who say political correctness is out of control and you can't joke about anything anymore say that Michelle West made insensitive jokes and feelings are hurt.
    edited May 2018
    You know, these people have high double standards when it comes to these things!
    This one is making the rounds of the internets: according to the New York Times, Mercedes Schlapp, the pro-Trump chairman of the American Conservative Union, tweeted about the “out of touch leftist media elite” while in a limo en route to a media party.
    This past weekend they aired their disgust at the comedian Michelle Wolf’s takedown of Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary, at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner. “It’s why America hates the out of touch leftist media elite,” Ms. Schlapp tweeted from a limousine en route to an exclusive after-party organized by NBC/MSNBC.

(Asked about the couple’s own membership in the elite, Mr. Schlapp responded, “I mean, I’m not trying to act like I’m driving a garbage truck in Des Moines.”)
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/30/us/politics/schlapp-trump.html
    edited May 2018
    The Gibson guitar company has filed for chapter 11.

Here's the official bullshit laden press release:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/gibson-brands-reaches-restructuring-support-agreement-to-reorganize-around-core-businesses-300639935.html
    edited May 2018
    Gibsons made at the Memphis plant have a good rep amongst guitar nerds... But everyone seems to think that the Memphis operation is doomed.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    Last I heard they were moving the Memphis plant. It'll still be in Memphis. Not sure where.
    Lets hope so. I hate what the company has become, but I still love the guitars. I hope they'll stay in business and keep making guitars in the US.
    Our two days in the city were great, pretty much as planned. A bunch of great food, mostly local. The best was a sesame and cheddar biscuit with Szechuan sausage, sunny side up eggs, and spicy sauce. Dragon Lights festival was cool too.
    Great, now I'm hungry for sesame and cheddar biscuit with Szechuan sausage, sunny side up eggs, and spicy sauce.
    That is awesome that you got a minication with your crew.

I've been bumming lately that A____'s last full summer at home will be swallowed up by his back surgery. He's recovering with me, so it's using up all of my vacation days.

I think I'll take a page from your book and find some cool weekend getaways for later in the year to make up for it.
    The best thing we did was actually plan for once. Usually, I like to take my time and wing it. But this time around, the order of the day was planning in advance so that we could go straight from one fun thing to another with minimal downtime. I think on shorter trips, that may be the way to go.
    Although this Saturday, we will probably be slower-paced. We're going to hang out in Round Lake Beach for a picnic then see the fake Beatles.
    edited May 2018
    Hanging with the fam is peaking in enjoyability right now, because I'm at one of those magical moments where my single-digit--aged child is convinced I am the Official Greatest Person in the Universe.
    Little S. is now in the double digits, and things are slowly changing: I am no longer a superhero. That's fine with me, I don't want to live up to those kinds of expectations.
    I've enjoyed both zones. It's definitely less pressure after they figure out you're a dumbass.
    I do feel a little weird any time I start to lose my patience or temper, knowing that my kid who also has a temper emulates me... That's when it's less fun.
    Yes, I notice unhelpful innate qualities I have passed along to them. Like A___'s spaciness and E___'s laziness. And I'm just thinking to myself "sorry y'all".
    edited May 2018
    I finally saw Black Panther. That was fun and refreshing in its approach and plot, as superhero movies go.
    Yes. It is quality entertainment.
    So in regards to weekend plans:

Going to see a friend play tonight. He's about to drop a new album so it'll be first time seeing the new set. The whole band are sweet ass people. They do kind of am americana type thing, so not something I feel compelled to share with y'all. But they are always a fun night.

Taking S______ out for a step-mother's day brunch tomorrow. Why a week early you ask? Because I wasn't looking at a goddamned calendar when I made the reservation.

Then S____ flies to New Orleans for a week, so I guess loud ACDC listening and masturbation.

What do y'all got?