Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice going, middle aged person!

Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
edited May 2018 in Main
Happy Friday!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Backatch! speaking of WHATS EVERYBODY DOING THIS WEEKEND???????
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited May 2018
    Nine more rides and I trigger a $900 Lyft new driver bonus. So that's tonight's plan. Then we're going to go to that campout Saturday night. Should be fun. It's the annual pack campout where the kids "cross over" from one level of Cub Scouts to the next. Simon is going from Bear to Webelos.

This year, they've upgraded from having it at a generic neighborhood park to the area Scout lodge, where they have a climbing wall, canoes, etc. I'm hoping we'll get to do some cool stuff.
    Ah cool. I remember my Webelo days.
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit? meets Meet the Feebles

Directed by Jim Henson's son Brian.
    New Courtney Barnett, Parquet Courts, and Steve Malkmus albums today
    Malkmus seems to have written a song about Freddie Gray:

Also a new record by our Europe tour manager, Ajay. I am really digging it. Kind Fall-ish.

I will look for that one, too.

I'm really digging the new Courtney Barnett. It's one of those records where nearly every track shines like a single.
    That was some soggy-ass camping! Good time, but got rained on pretty solid. I need to make sure the next time we take Matilda with us camping that it's a sunny win with an easily accessible bathroom, or I may lose her for these.
    Gah. The boy scout camping trip that I remember the clearest was a rainy affair. I wound up curled up in ball on the men's room floor. Never fell asleep. Hope yours wasn't quite so bad.
    edited May 2018
    Ehhh, it was in that gray area where I thought it was fine, but Matilda thought it was awful. It rained and rained hard, but not until overnight, the tent stayed bone dry, and we were able to pack up during a dry period in the morning and get out before it got bad again, though breakfast was done huddled under a canopy in the rain. But the only part Tilda is going to remember is needing to pee at 3 am and having to choose between walking a quarter mile in a thunderstorm or using a bottle. That and her tennis shoes wearing out.

I think I can get her on board with camping, but I really need to get one trip in there that's sunny and low stress and fun. She's only been twice... this one and one where the temp dropped to 35 overnight.
    I'd say you got one more shot. Plan carefully.
    So I have to say, the dudes seem to be processing the fire pretty well outside of the loss of their pooch. We talked about it quite a bit when I picked them up. I hadn't wanted to bug their mom for details, so they provided a lot of information. Then I let it drop and they acted like they always do. A___ worked on music all weekend, E___ worked on an animated video for his history class.

We did a big shopping bonanza yesterday to start rebuilding their wardrobe and school supplies.

I'm sure they'll get pretty sick of living in a hotel and small apt while their house is rebuilt, but overall these dudes are pretty resilient.
    Your boys are good dudes. Continuing to send them my finest PMAs, but they're very together people. I know they will handle this mess as well as can be done.

Sorry they're having to go through it though.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    But the only part Tilda is going to remember is needing to pee at 3 am and having to choose between walking a quarter mile in a thunderstorm or using a bottle
    Couldn't she just pee behind a bush?
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Isn’t there some kind of Coleman’s camping potty you could buy?
    Couldn't she just pee behind a bush?
    Campout full of pre-teen boys.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    I’m so sorry Eric and I’m really thinking of your boys and family. Losing a pet is so hard let alone the way it died. PMAs and hugs
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Jeff, maybe only take your wife when there is a restroom nearby like close. She might enjoy a weekend by herself doing whatever hobby she likes. I don’t know just my 1 cent
    I have decided my goal for 2018 is to change how I approach new people. I'd like to go from trying to identify as quickly as possible why they suck to trying to find a reason to like them.
    That sounds very worthwhile.

I have the much smaller goal of wanting to remember to remember peoples names.
    Thanks Kimbo. Nice to see you!
    Awesome Wu Tang cover on WestWorld this week. I thought I was just imagining it, but nope, Google confirms.
    Dolla dolla bill, y'all.
    edited May 2018
    edited May 2018
    So basically, not only are corporations people, but now they’re people that cannot be held accountable for their actions.

Or, more accurately: take that, libtards!
    Yes. Such a piece of shit decision.

I am starting to think that November is too far away. That the powers that be have found their stride and will effectively lock up the game by then. I seriously question whether this democracy is going to survive in any recognizable way.
    The problem, to my eyes anyway, seems to be that we took for granted the extent to which historic norms of presidential conduct kept the president in check. Now that we have a president who could not give two shits about said norms, it turns out it's a lot harder to rein him back in than anticipated.

If this dog was a working class american, he would have voted for Trump.