Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice going, middle aged person!

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Somebody goddamn invite her!!!!
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Oh my gawd! I had the exact same reaction when I was told I wasn't invited!
    edited May 2018
    The problem, to my eyes anyway, seems to be that we took for granted the extent to which historic norms of presidential conduct kept the president in check. Now that we have a president who could not give two shits about said norms, it turns out it's a lot harder to rein him back in than anticipated.
    It isn't just president shit-fer-brains. This is team work: the entire fucking republican party and president shit-fer-brains, working thick as thieves to fuck you over. Remember, Il Douche was able to appoint Neil Gorsuch because repugnicans decided to play calvinball with historic norms.
    Whole buncha Bernie-crats won their primaries yesterday. Glad to see that. A little frosting to put on top of the shit-pile of democrats that voted to roll back Dodd Frank regulations.
    A couple of months ago A____ and his buddy put up a sign-up sheet in the symphony room at school requesting volunteers for a "Gathering". No further information was given.

They got a couple of dozen volunteers and over the past six weeks have sculpted out an music concrete piece in three movements. Each movement explores the relationship between order and chaos, harmony and dissonance, and smooth and jagged.

Using just their bodies and various non-musical objects, the team will perform dynamic sound structures while moving throughout the theater space to create an immersive ambiance.

This will be performed tonight at the High School Spring recital. I am absolutely beaming and I look forward to seeing many many perplexed faces.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    VERY COOL.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I concur.
    I'm, uh... Acquiescing.
    The owner of the company is here today. I have to watch my mouth.
    Hey Eric, what are you trying to post? It isn't showing on my screen.
    edited May 2018
    What a great night.

NEAT!
    Y'all doing anything fun for Memorial Day?

We're going to go see the new stage adaptation of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea at Lookingglass Theater. We will probably have lunch at Eataly first, the mammoth, IKEA-sized Italian market/food court thing downtown.

We're going to camp in the yard, too, which should be fun. Probably make some needlessly elaborate s'mores.

Ooh, and Monday, Tilda's going to the spa with some girlfriends while Baba and I check out Solo.
    edited May 2018
    Donald Trump cancels North Korea nuclear summit

But, but... What about the commemorative coins?

My niece "graduated" from eighth grade today.

I understand transitions are important and I won't begrudge any parent any chance to be proud or mark passage of time with their kids.

But let's be real, y'all: if when the next school year rolls around, child services would be called if your kid wasn't there, the kid didn't graduate a fucking thing.
    Jeff's out here hating on kids.
    I'm pretty sure the coin value goes up now because there's historical significance. This is why I"m glad I traded all my bitcoin for trumpcoins. Bout to be rich.
    Doing A____'s book-themed bbq birthday party on Saturday which is now slated to have thunderstorms all day REINFORCING MY FUCKING HATRED OF THE RAIN RUINING LITERALLY EVERYTHING I WANTED TO DO THIS MONTH.
    ...but y'know. We'll do our best to move it inside and muddle through. At least it was book-themed and not outdoor-sports-themed.
    For the first time ever, I don't have tickets and plan to see the new Star Wars joint. Partly because we're already very busy, but I think I'm also succumbing to all the sasstalk in the press about it. We'll get there, but doesn't look like this weekend.
    Yeah, not sure I am actually that stoked about Solo, beyond general Donald Glover goodness.

But Simon has hit that pre-teen window where it feels IMPORTANT to him to see whatever the big new movie is, like he cannot be part of society if he doesn't.
    I hope the (indoor) Bub-B-Q is still a smash, Eric.
    I hope those two work this out. They both need to learn to listen better.
    Thanks Jeff. Yeah. I've resigned myself to it, so now I can just enjoy on it's own terms.
    edited May 2018
    I'm actually stoked for Memorial Day now, as we invited this couple and their kid we met at the scout campout who seem really cool. Always good to expand the friend circle.

We're going TO TOWN on s'mores, too. At the campout, the person who was supposed to bring the marshmallows for s'mores didn't come through, so we're all craving them. We're going to make a s'mores bar with a bunch of kinds of crackers and marshmallows, different chocolates, nutella, peanut butter, etc. We're even going to make some savory s'mores that are more like caprese ones. I think it will be tasty but also fun to do and fairly low stress.
    Kudos on the artisanal s'mores. Not a marshmallow guy, but I could get into some savory options.
    Happy long weekend to those who have a long weekend!