Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice going, middle aged person!

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    Al Bean, the fourth person to walk on the Moon, died today.

Here's Al on the moon:
    AEUMTGHDRW6WDUPRZ4PCCHCICQ.jpg
    1400 x 1048 - 192K
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    He looks a lot like the first three.
    edited May 2018
    You know, you're right! I hadn't noticed that before.

Anyway, here's Al going to the toilet:
    1400 x 1048 - 192K
    And here's Al having a drink:
    1400 x 1048 - 192K
    Hey, did you know that somebody on the internets is wrong?
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited May 2018
    The Han Solo movie is reasonably fun. It's in that middle Disney/Marvel tier. Certainly not as good as Black Panther or The Last Jedi but on par with Ant-Man or Rogue One anyway. I don't have the personal investment in Star Wars to get all het up about its various minor and moderate failings and I'm not enough of a true believer to gloss over them entirely either. So I liked it, but am already forgetting it.

I will say that it doesn't look or feel like it's stitched together from two different visions, so that is good. If you see it in the theater, I don't think you'll feel you've wasted your money. And if you wait for it on video, I don't think you'll be kicking yourself either.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Similar reaction. Had some very fun parts. I mostly liked how they worked the references from the original trilogy into the story. My only complaint is that is was a little long. The pacing was fine, but it could've used fewer endings.

The cameo left me confused in the theater, but after reading up on it, it could make for an interesting way to make Solo matter in ep. 9.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I haven't been inside a movie theater in ages. Maybe that's something I can start doing again this summer. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep in the last few movies I went to. I think that's why I stopped going.
    Happy birthday to Matthew!
    Happy boirfday, Matt!
    edited May 2018
    Here's a funny comment I read on the internets:
    "Roseanne had her show canceled over racist comments.

Kevin Spacey was fired from House of Cards over sexual assault allegations.

Welcome to America, where TV Trump supporters and TV Presidents are held to a higher standard than the real President and his supporters."
    There was an error on one of Mama's forms for travel and by the time we got it fixed, it was too late for her to board. She missed her flight and we had to pay $470 to get her ticket reworked so she could fly out tomorrow.

It was fun not being broke for a minute there.

(Sigh.)
    :( May your Lyft receipts be plentiful.
    Been watching Barry. It's a good show. Recommended if you already like Bill Hader.
    Motherfucking ACK. Got a 4 am phone call that Mama's new revised ESTA form was also wrong. This time, we managed to get a revised one over to her before they closed boarding but I think we got dangerously close to giving a little 72 year-old lady a heart attack.

Mama is en route though.
    Glad to hear there's a happy ending here.

RIP, Stewart Lupton from Jonathan Fire*Eater.

(AKA the singer that got replaced by Hamilton Leithauser when they became the Walkmen.)
    You know, racism and idiocy are not mutually exclusive.
    Did the tweet not show up? I only included the link to her bullshit excuse for context on the tweet.
    I didn't see it at first, but now it's working.
    edited May 2018
    Liberal government to buy Trans Mountain pipeline project, seek new investors

Saudi Alberta has a problem: they want to export massive amounts of the petroleum they extract from tar sands, and they can't do it cheaply enough.

They considered building a pipeline east, but nobody wanted it in their backyard: the opposition in Quebec and Ontario pretty much killed the project.

They tried going south, but Obummer blocked it. President Shit-fer-brains reversed it, but it will take time to build it, and there's a lot of opposition to it.

An american company (Kinder Morgan) wanted to rebuild an old pipeline going from Saudi Alberta to the pacific coast, but the government and the people of British Colombia don't want it, so things got stalled and Kinder Morgan was talking of abandoning the project.

But Junior absolutely wants to build the fucking thing, and he's willing to invest federal government money in it, willing to piss off a large chunk of his party's base, willing to ram the pipeline down the throat of a provincial government and willing to make a mockery of all the commitments regarding decreasing greenhouse gas emissions made by his government to have it built.

Dumb motherfucker.

I heard about this this morning. Very disappointing. You guys are supposed to be our moral compass.
    Dude, don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
    edited May 2018
    President bumblefuck decided to start a trade war with the EU, Mexico and Canada. And a Harvard study estimates that over 4500 Puerto Ricans died because of Hurricane Maria, while the Bumblefuck administration pretended that everything was hunky dory.

Man, the bullshit keeps piling up! I've lost track!
    Don't be so cynical. He teamed up with Kim Kardashian* yesterday to solve our prison overpopulation problem. So I imagine we can stop worrying about that.
    * Kim Kardashian is a thicc reality star that is married to Kanye West*