Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You guys just made me laugh out loud with your Mr. Obvious answers!

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    This is entirely reasonable.
    MY TENSION HAS BEEN EXTERMINATED.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Oh gosh. Yeah. That's like 3rd phone call stuff.
    I've been watching Erased on Netflix. Japanese time travel melodrama based on a manga. Pretty good if you don't mind subtitles.

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    Heathen chick just messaged me saying she enjoyed the phone call and is looking forward to the next. Should I just tell her now that it's not going to happen? Like "You're a great person, but I just don't think I'm ready for the dating scene yet. Good luck finding a well-endowed kinky guy somewhere down the road."
    Just tell her you've got a micropeen.
    I honestly don't know what to tell her, but I really don't want to talk to her again. I guess since she's messaging me, the best thing would be to be honest. "I'm hung like a horsefly."
    Tell her it was nice talking to her, but you're divorcing and you've decided you're not ready.
    That's pretty much what I did. Then she sent me a message saying she wanted to talk again or go out as friends sometime. I don't think I'm going to respond. I didn't realize how not ready to date I was until I talked to this person. I guess I should give myself some credit for at least trying.
    An important thing to remember though is that women aren't like men. If she says, "Cool. We can just be friends," there's a 75% chance she means it. And you could do worse at this stage in your life than an atheist hick friend who thinks you're cool. So if you really did have an okay time talking to her, consider hanging out. As long as you're comfortable sniffing it out and cutting that shit off if she thinks she's going to change your mind about dating.
    Though if you are still in hermit mode, I get that, too.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for the Dalek relaxation video, Jeff. It was a big hit around these here parts.

Although... I think the Dalek should have said "Meditate! Meditate!"
    Ev, I agree with Jeff, you should hang out with your new atheist hick friend.
    edited June 2018
    Outgoing Starbucks Chairman Howard Schultz rips Democrats for veering too far left: 'How are we going to pay for these things?'

Billionaires always have such novel and interesting ideas, eh?

A brief explanation of rich asshole politics: "debt is bad and you have to suffer."

I wanted to puke at how much coverage he got yesterday for quitting his job. Every major news publication.

I could smell that he was an asshole, but good to have some facts behind it.
    How are you going to pay for these things? Well, I got a few ideas. One of them involves taxing the shit out of assholes like Howard Schultz.
    I might reach out to Heathen Hick Chick at some point, but I'm still getting over the conversation.
    Somebody needs to take his keys away now.
    Simon's godfather (my late cousin's husband) is taking us all to see the classical mandolinist Avi Avital perform at the Chicago Symphony this weekend. Looks like fun:

Sounds like a hoot.
    edited June 2018
    Doug Ford (Rob Ford's brother, remember him?) is going to be the next prime minister of the province of Ontario, the largest and richest province of Canada.

Stupidity is, unfortunately, a highly contagious condition.
    Shit. RIP, Anthony Bourdain.
    My new look.
    FD7C6106-3072-4BF6-8F7A-6C91D5DE7EF4.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 259K
    Here’s a before pic.
    918E4C52-15C9-4153-A22B-B86E053991C8.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 293K
    edited June 2018
    I think my haircut makes me look a lot less deranged.
    It does. I approve. Looking sharp, bruv.
    Gracias.
    What are the weekend plans, gents and ladies?