Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dude, you are straight up handsome.

Comments

• KimKim Posts: 624
    My sons liked both Justice League and Teen Titans
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    edited June 2018
    House GOP 2019 budget calls for deep Medicare, Medicaid spending cuts
    “The largest looming shadow of doubt on America’s future is, quite simply, the extent of the nation’s debt,” Committee Chairman Steve Womack (R-Ark.) said in his opening remarks of the two-day markup.
    The proposed mandatory reduction includes $1.5 trillion from Medicaid, $537 billion from Medicare and $2.6 trillion in reductions to other programs such as welfare, nutritional assistance and other anti-poverty programs.

Democrats have cried foul over the measure, accusing Republicans of slashing entitlements and key programs just months after blowing up the deficit with their signature tax plan, which the Congressional Budget Office projected will add $1.9 trillion to deficits over the decade.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited June 2018
    Debt talk is just a cudgel used to pummel benefits to working and middle class people. They give zero fucks about the debt at tax time or when they set the military budget.
    edited June 2018
    Damning with faint praise, but Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom is the "best" sequel in the series... Though please remember how bad the others are... It's a passable popcorn movie and the director JA Bayona does a crackerjack job directing the set pieces, though the script isn't much better than that silly last one. They do get off the island, though, so that is new.

I spent the first half of the movie trying to figure out what the fuck Jessica Chastain had done to her face, only to realize that this was actually Bryce Dallas Howard and they are two different people.
    edited June 2018
    If you're wondering why I would even bother, please remember that my kid is nine and there is a phase tweens go through where they must see all event movies.

Me saying Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom is the best Jurassic Park sequel is not the same as me saying it's good. I'd give it about two stars out of five. It sucks somewhat less than the others in the series. I recommend it for airplane viewing or insomnia-driven Netflixing.
    edited June 2018
    Soooo... Business owners can deny service to gay people, but not serving a meal to Sarah Sanders is a sign of impending liberal fascism. Okey-doke.
    edited June 2018
    The right does not acknowledge hypocrisy.
    edited June 2018
    Over 2000 children have been kidnapped but you can't be mean to Sarah. It's uncivilized! I'll guess they have no choice but to kidnap more kids or something, just to trigger you social justice warriors.
    edited June 2018
    Just to recap: if you want to discriminate against someone for who they ARE, like being gay, that should totally be legal. If you'd like to throw someone out of your restaurant for what they do, because you don't like serving assholes, that is 100% reprehensible. Well, assuming the person getting booted is on their side.
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, this shit only comes up when "the left" is being mean. Remember when the tea partiers were trashing about, very upset about the black guy being president? That was just an expression of real democracy from real americans.
    Anyway, as I said before, by doing and saying whatever it takes to win, motherfucker-in-chief destroyed what little civility and fair play was left in US politics. Anything goes now! President asshole is reaping what he sowed. So fuck him and pass the popcorn!
    Michelle Obama can get pilloried as disrespectful for wearing a sleeveless dress, but Melania literally left for a humanitarian visit to imprisoned kids wearing a jacket that said, "I Really Don't Care, Do U?" and people who say this is uncool are treated like lunatics.
    As of this week, the percentage of Americans who think Trump should be impeached is higher than the percentage who approve of his job performance.
    My mom went back to the ER last night. My older brother (maybe the most reliable human being in an emergency I know) is with her, but it's worrisome. Normal pancreatic levels for a woman her age/build are 105. Last time she was hospitalized, hers were 800. Today, they are 2200. She seems to be passing more gallstones.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    That’s horrible. I hope your mom’s levels descend and that she gets to come home soon.
    edited June 2018
    She has been waiting 9 hours to see the surgeon for a consult. The fact that my older brother hasn't blown his shit and ended up on the news by now is something I tip my hat toward.
    Bummer, Jeff. That really sucks. How's she doing now? I hope she's better.
    edited June 2018
    She's having surgery at noon 2 pm. I understand intellectually that gall bladder surgery is comparatively minor, so I am trying to relax. But the whole thing reminds me too much of my dad's surgery and his passing, so I will be a bundle of nerves until it's all over.

I hate not being able to go down there is what it is.
    I’m sending PMA’s to you and your family, Jeff. I hope your Mom gets better soon. I heard that is very painful
    My mom's in recovery this morning and may get to go home soon. The surgery took a while and they didn't get started until evening, but it went fine.
    That’s great news, Jeff.

I finished the 2nd season of Westworld last night. Although there were some interesting scenes in season 2, overall I thought it pretty much sucked.
    That is outstanding Jeff. I hope she is feeling better soon!
    Good news, Jeff. I hope she'll be able to return home soon.
    What's this shit I hear about Justice Kennedy retiring?
    Btw Jeff this is off topic my house has been on Good Bones because they built a house down the street. I actually saw my dog in the yard on an episode about 2 or 3 back from the current episode. I live on a corner and they were driving and stopped at the corner and my house was in the background m. I just rent but have been here 5 years. I have an art installation in my backyard I will post
    Thanks to everyone who signed my Change Petition for selling the artists building that Wheeler.

That made me happy and smile, THANK YOU
    Harlan Ellison died. Bummer.
    He's groping the angels now.