Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mom is french.

124»

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Tomorrow I'm going to a friends farm to build a stage. Each year he throws an outdoor concert and camp out. The previous stage build of logs was devoured by ants this year, so we're going to make this one out of stone.

The event is later in August. My Baltimore based Nectar&Trilogy band is playing as well as the premiere of my boys' prog outfit MEADOW IN PROGRESS. Really looking forward to it.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    edited August 2018
    I always found the "outlines of tools thing" weird and sad, even by overly organized middle-aged dad standards.
    Tomorrow night we'll see Oneida. They're staying with us, so I fear it'll turn into a pretty late night. I love my O boys, but am just not a person that enjoys staying up past 2am for any reason whatsoever.
    Notable Incident #1 in my day: farewell party for a beloved co-worker, including booze.
    Notable Incident #2 in my day: sales team meeting, including discussion of increased quotas in the face of decreased incomes.

I AM SURE THIS WILL GO FINE.
    Well. At least you had booze in your belly.
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    I’m playing pinball at this place called PinVault which is in a historic building and an actual vault. You pay $1 to $5 to get in and they have 15 pinball machines on for free. Tomorrow I’m going to friends pool party. Sunday finishing cleaning up my junk room. Monday Pedro The Lion
    edited August 2018
    Pedro the Lion! Now THERE is a band with some good breakup/divorce songs.

If you were here I would admit that I'm an asshole
    But now it's over and I can't stay sober
    Though it isn't like I tried
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    We're getting ready for our big vacation: two weeks visiting the old country. We're leaving on wednesday. We were supposed to see my dad, but he died. Instead, we're going to the beach!
  • KimKim Posts: 624
    Sounds great dan
    I approve of everyone's weekend plans.
    ....now get back to work.
    My workshop came out kind of awesome. I stopped on my way out today to look at it again and I didn't want to leave.
    wkshp.jpg
    1440 x 1072 - 166K
    edited August 2018
    I'm going to put a dry erase board on that blank space. That and a couple more small bins to go on the wall are on order. And a couple of better mounts for monitors. And a pencil holder.
    (single tear of dad joy)
    edited August 2018
    I put a new linoleum tile floor down, floor-to-ceiling pegboard across the open wall on the left, and pegboard from the waist up on the far wall. (That thing that looks like a set of window shutters is the door to Simon's "secret room" under the stairs, which has carpet, drywall, and a lamp.) There's a new light fixture up, too. WiFi works out there, and there's a TV with an Amazon Fire Stick attached, as well as two old monitors for testing of PC/device builds. There are (not a joke) six laptops total, though only two work really. The others are "projects." I've got an Amazon Echo Dot out here so I can voice command Spotify while I work, which is fun. The "cabinet doors" on the left are just something I made out of leftover pegboard. I also sheathed the sides of the shelves in pegboard to make it look seamless. The top is a big ol' piece of MDF with a formica top. I'm going to get a super thick piece of MDF to use as a proper worktop, and then rig it so I can bolt it or unbolt it as suits the project I'm working on. Sometimes I will keep the slick top and move the MDF top onto sawhorses to have another working surface.
    SO MANY SAD MIDDLE-AGED MAN GARAGE SPECIFICS
    SOOOOOOOO MANY!!!!
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    TOOOO MANY!!!!!
    I had forgotten about Simon's secret room. I continue to love that.
    My accomplishment was building a 12' x 12' stone stage on a friend's farm north of the city. It didn't take a huge amount of skill (cobblestone perimeter with gravel center plus a sort of french drain around the edges to help draining)... but it was a hell of a lot of moving wheelbarrows of rock around his property. I can still feel it in my back.