Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No, not really into mirrors these days.

Comments

• captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Happy Friday y'all!

What's everybody.... oh...
    Today is the day. Albums arrived from italy and this muss is on sale for reals now.

https://hometheband.bandcamp.com/releases
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
    Huzzah! I'm hoping I'll get mine soon.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    Have any of you guys watchedThe Last Kingdom? If not, I highly recommend it.
  • TrippTripp Posts: 676
    We've been watching McMillions. Great stuff. HBO docu-series about how McDonalds Monopoly game was rigged. The first episode was a little like Better Call Saul. The second episode it turns into friggin Goodfellas.
    S___ had to get tested for the thing. Results finally came back yesterday and she's in the clear. She celebrated with her sister after work and had some drinks with some ladyfriends. Then her sister got real drunk, went home and tripped and broke her knee. S___ had to go get her at the hospital about 3am this morning. Yeesh.
    edited May 2020
    That’s a relief that S____ didn’t have it. That sucks about her sister’s knee.

Gotta be careful with that demon alcohol.
    A broken knee sounds horribly painful.
    edited May 2020
    And Montreal too, by the looks of it...
    EXD3Q90UYAEpSmv.jpeg
    680 x 645 - 51K
    So glad to hear Tripp. (about the first part... oof on the second part)
    edited May 2020
    We've just learned that one of wifey's old aunts is dying of Covid. She has dementia, there was a covid outbreak at her nursing home.
    In somewhat happier news one of my fellow community gardeners and next door neighbor is making a seemingly miraculous recovery. She was basically on death watch for a week, but is now off the vent and cognizant. Her first question was "is someone feeding my cats?"
    edited May 2020
    A perfectly legitimate question.
    It is. Thankfully our neighborhood is full of cat people, so we had a bevy of volunteers.

Sadly, they don't look like this.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,489
    FB_IMG_1588644297585.jpg
    621 x 750 - 32K
    We did both. Brubeck while we made dinner, then The Last Jedi for night time entertainmeez.
    I may have already said this but I've watched Rise of Skywalker twice now and I still don't remember what happened in it.
    Good news about your neighbor Erk.
    Yesterday I organized the shed out back. Found a bunch of stuff for the back porch/lawn. Also found an old cassette machine. Not a full-on jambox but something you could carry on your shoulder I guess. Plugged it into an outlet on the back porch and put it on the classical station. Star Wars Main Theme came blasting out. I put the living room stereo on the same station and it really made for a nice faux-house-system. Walk outside, the music is still going. Also decided to make this week's project restoring my bike.
    edited May 2020
    I overheard a zoom conversation S___ had last night with a group of local friends. One gal said the people on her cove have sort of gone into business with each other. Not sure exactly what that means but I imagine people are perhaps cooking for each other. Or one person makes a run for groceries for everyone. The people on our street haven't come together for anything like that. Last weekend the girls that live two doors down threw a loud party in their backyard. Real fucking obnoxious. S___ wanted to call the cops but I really hate being that person. So she went up and down the street and photographed everyone's license plates. There were maybe 4 of those huge almost-monster trucks out there. I sat on the front step and whenever anyone left the party and drove off I stood in the front yard and flipped them off as they drove by. S___ then found out who owns the house and sent a hand-written letter as an anonymous old lady basically telling them their tenants were assholes and they're endangering the health of all the senior citizens on the street of which we do have a few.
    On a positive note, all the little kids on the street have formed a bike posse. Very cute.
    At the very end of our street is Luther Towers. Not an assisted-living facility. More like cheap apartments for older people. Seems like a pretty even mix of black/white. 12 stories tall? I'm worried the shit's gonna hit that place like wildfire. It does seem like we're hearing sirens down the street more and more often.
    edited May 2020
    I finally finished playing Zelda Breath of the Wild. It was an accident: I was exploring the Castle when I came across Ganon, the boss of all bosses. I was like, shit, I'm not ready for this...

I have been playing for a long time, I've pretty much done all the major tasks, including beating the Trial of the Sword (one of the hardest things in the game)...

Finally, beating Ganon was easy and it didn't took very long. Kind of anticlimactic!
    Once one finishes the game, one can replay it in expert mode. I think I may do that. Best game ever!
    More dumb shit tha made me laugh:
    krod.jpg
    541 x 295 - 29K
    edited May 2020
    In case you guys didn't know, I was on my University's fencing team. I gave it up when I started grad school.

You may now laugh at me if you so desire.
    Breath of the Wild is one of the very few modern games I've played. It is pretty great. The boys got me into it. Having missed about two decades of games, I sucked but they patiently clued me through it. Loved the temple puzzles and the wide open spaces you could just kick around.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,489
    Simon is trying hard to get me into Animal Crossing but tbh, the idea of a game where I have to have a job and a mortgage sounds like death.
    edited May 2020
    Loved the temple puzzles and the wide open spaces you could just kick around.
    I did all the temples, every single one of them. And I found over 500 korogus. I've been playing that game, just kicking around and accumulating stuff, for nearly two years now. I usually play about a couple of hours per week, it has been part of my Saturday afternoon routine. Lynels? Easy-peasy. Guardians? Pfff.