Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cashed out most of my Dogecoin last night.

LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
Do you realize, Jeff, that you're now a member of the "first against the wall" club?

Comments

• Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,489
    That seems fair.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,002
    Are you, or are you not, an evil speculator?
    edited May 2021
    I put $50/wk in RobinHood for 3 months, a total of $600. I bought Dogecoin at 1/3 cent because it was the only thing I could afford to own whole (instead of 0.005 Bitcoin or whatever).

Musk started tweeting about it and it went up. Having failed to make much on anything else, I figured I'd see what this meathead could do for me.

It's all very stupid. I don't know or understand much about it, I just had lucky timing. I could have easily lost $600. That was why the amount I put in wasn't higher.

Honestly, I think a big part of the appeal of cryptocurrency is that it's fast moving. You either win fast or lose fast, but it's all more interesting to watch than, like putting money into Apple stock and maybe making ten percent in eighteen months.
    edited May 2021
    You are a vampire feasting on the blood, sweat and tears of the labouring classes!
    I took money from dipshit hobbyist investors who worship Elon Musk. I'm pretty sure I'm in the clear, morally.
    edited May 2021
    Class traitor!

Could you lend me some money?
    Dude, I didn't make that much.

Although if I could go back in time and dump my life savings into Dogecoin back when it was a third of a cent and then sell it when it hit 70 cents... That would be cool.
    edited May 2021
    If only we could see the future... But alas, we can't. It's difficult to make predictions, particularly about the future.
    Our kid is doing a bit about the need for "universal hair care" and it's legitimately hilarious. "Gotta go downtown to the shampoo agency." "Have you applied for your mohawk?" "This conditioner is your tax dollars at work."
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    How old is S____ these days?
    He's twelve.
    Crazy. I dig his comedy stylings.

#highlightsarehumanrights
    edited May 2021
    The one thing I cannot wrap my head around at this point in history is how many Americans insist that trifling, inconsequential inconveniences are critical issues of freedom more important than the actual lives of their fellow citizens.

We have family members on both sides opting not to get vaccinated and it is making me CRAZY.

Both mothers, all siblings, and two of three sisters in law all jabbed, so it could be worse.
    I guess I knew it was coming, but the past week's worth of "fuck it. we're never hitting herd immunity" headlines has been depressing as hell. Not only in the disappointment-in-humanity way, but the reality that we will never be back to pre-covid normal.
    anywho... any fun plans this weekend?

We were supposed to be going up to see Eli's jazz band play (first concert since the before times) but it looks like a rain out... if so, it'll be next weekend instead.
    We're still working on that goddam fence.
    Robert Frost would be proud.
    We have all of the posts in, all of the hardware on, the gates installed, and the two long sides hung, stretched, and secured. We still have about six short runs of fence ranging from three to ten feet to finish to hang, stretch, and secure.

This ends today's episode of the How Is Your Fence Coming Along Show. I know it has been riveting.
    Did you get rained out?
    Yep. Rain date is today, so I'm going to clock out a little early drive up there.

Upside is that A___ will be there and it's his birthday, so I can dole out some hugs.
    edited May 2021
    Looking through some old papers, we found our dog Rango's file from the rescue group. They had told us many times he was three and a half years old, but his paperwork says he was one! That changes everything. I mean, if he was pushing five, he'd be a moron. But if he's still a pup, he's average, maybe even a little bright.
    Can't help but wonder if that was intentional because people are cautious about how much work puppies take, or someone just had it wrong and spread the wrongness.
    edited May 2021
    Come on! Rango's a dog! Of course he's a moron!
    edited May 2021
    I learned yesterday that Julie "Tawny" Kitaen has died. She was the girl in the video of "Here I go again", by Whitesnake.

I'm disconsolate.
    They also fibbed about his weight, so in wondering if they were just trying to unload dogs or if they thought he was legitimately the right dog for a family like ours and they were just sneaking him in.
    Now Jeff, don't body shame Rango. Being fat is ok, being skinny is ok, but bashing someone for their weight is not ok.
    Oh hey, is Moetown around? It's my turn to get a new front door today. It's being installed now.
    Huzzah for front doors! They are important! They keep the elements out.

Talking about keeping the elements out... We're getting our gutters replaced! We share roof gutters with our neighbors, and we had no problems with our section, they seemed to be working fine, keeping the rain out and whatnot... But our neighbors downgutter were having infiltration problems, so after a few meetings, it was decided we should all replace them.

Kind of a bore, and it's going to be expensive. And we had a bunch of proletarian types looking through our windows for the last few days. It should be over tomorrow.

It sucks, basically. I'd rather waste the money on something else.

Like a guitar or something.
    edited May 2021
    The last time we replaced rain gutters it was in the townhouse before this place. We did ours and the neighbors did theirs. We paid a little extra for the extra wide ones with leaf covers and extra large downspouts. The next door neighbor did not. She then got to spend every fall hiring someone to clean her gutters and every winter watching fantastically huge icicles form and hang from her roof while we got few at all.

It was maybe my first old man "it will be worth it" purchase and it totally was in the end.