Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

She may be the first congresswoman I’ve ever thought was sexy.

Comments

• LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 7,989
    I know next to nothing about pianos. But if you have trouble with a guitar... :-c
    edited July 2019
    I haven't seen Bohemian Rhapsody. Wifey saw it with my stepdaughter. She liked it. But I'm not a fan of Queen, I don't hate them, I'm just a bit indifferent, and the movie seemed to be, like you said, "A by the numbers music biopic".
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,475
    I really need a vacation.
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,624
    Our piano sounds mostly fine, but if it's quiet you can hear a wobbly little sound when a key is released... Kinda like a muffled clock tick. Is my piano just old or is that a thing that can be adjusted?
    All the keys equally? that is probably just old age. If some keys are worse than others, you might be able to have the dampers replaced.
  • moetownmoetown Posts: 3,276
    I really think the saga of Howlin' Wolf would make for a great biopic. Have I already said that?
    For the last couple hours, I've been thinking you wanted a Wolfman Jack biopic.

Which, maybe, would also be interesting.
    How about a GG Allin biopic?
    My plans for the weekend include staying in the fuck doors the whole time.

I don't like heat.

Heat is stupid.
    I disagree. It's cold that is stupid.
    I'm a heat hater as well.
    edited July 2019
    A lot of media outlets calling President Shit-fer-brains' tweets "a strategy". Come on, motherfucker saw something on Fox that pissed him off and then just let it rip on twitter while sitting in the can! Strategy my ass. 8-|
    edited July 2019
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:
    67533691_2129469140687580_1328186054666092544_n.jpg
    476 x 587 - 32K
    I made myself drive to Denton on Saturday and was rewarded with a meetup with Karen and Ryan Pogo! They’ve got a nice new house and they took me to a groovy beer joint. It was really nice being around them. If only Denton were closer, I’m sure I’d be bugging them all the time.
    yay!
    Huzzah! How far is Denton from your place?
    If there’s no traffic, it takes about an hour to get there.
    I need to find a chick I like enough to wanna mess around with. It’d be nice if I met one who felt the same. None of that unrequited crap.
    That makes it so much more fun.

How does that work these days? Is online the only option left?
    Is online the only option left?
    If online is the only option left, I better make sure that my couple works, or else I'm screwed.
    edited July 2019
    Well, it's official... It took a while, but he finally got it.

The next Prime Minister of Britain:

You should be relieved to know that you're not the only ones who have buffoons in high places.
    Everything continues to get worse.
    edited July 2019
    If y'all have HBO, I recommend Years and Years. It's a UK show they brought over. Essentially, it's a six episode limited series that follows one UK family over many years of the current political climate getting worse and worse. Anti-immigrant crackdowns, fascism, tech run amok, bank meltdowns, etc.
    We spent the weekend in Indiana floating in a lake and drinking. It was terrific.
    edited July 2019
    That sounds terrible! How did you manage such hardship?
    If y'all have HBO, I recommend Years and Years. It's a UK show they brought over. Essentially, it's a six episode limited series that follows one UK family over many years of the current political climate getting worse and worse. Anti-immigrant crackdowns, fascism, tech run amok, bank meltdowns, etc.
    I heard about that show. I might check it out, but I'll wait 'till Little S. is back in school, as I don't think that show is kid friendly.

I don't have HBO, but that never stopped me before...
    edited July 2019
    We watched Umbrella Academy on Netflix. It's just a dumb superhero show, but Little S. enjoyed it, and so did the grownups.
    We've been enjoying Fosse/Verdon. Both leads (Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams) are fantastic.

Fosse was a mess of a human being but we kinda already knew that from All That Jazz. This is more about how it affects the people that love him. Often in surprising non-Lifetime-movie ways.

I'm a Fosse fan, but I don't think you'd need to be to enjoy.
    Watching Republicans playing handball with Democrats using Mueller as the ball.
    I started to feel cringey and turned it off. How's it coming along?
    Mueller is a bobble-head and Dems and Reps keep trying to score points with the report. Mueller hasn’t really said much.