Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I don't really see posts from actual people anymore.

Comments

• moetownmoetown Posts: 3,277
    edited April 2021
    I’m gonna be 65 in 8 years. I’m hoping I’ll be able to retire.
  • Jurf_WurburJurf_Wurbur Posts: 5,493
    That is cool. Doors make me nervous after I tried to out the last one in myself and it was a shitshow.

How did it go? Ours comes in later this week...
    We are currently, very slowly, building a chain link fence. It's for the dog and also so we can do a small pool.
  • LefunesteLefuneste Posts: 8,009
    More dumb shit that made me laugh:

This one made me laugh too, not sure if it exists, but I hope it does...

How did it go? Ours comes in later this week...
    It went great. My floor is not even, so the door is placed a little higher than usual so that it doesn't scrape it. My old door wasn't even functional. It was nice to cross it off the 'needs to be replaced' list.
    edited April 2021
    We've just replaced the drain in front of my garage. It was rusted and it clogged easily. The joys of owning a house, eh?
    I didn't pay attention to Biden's speech. To tell you the truth, I'm a bit worn out regarding American politics these days.

So... Has full communism finally arrived?
  • captqitncaptqitn Posts: 3,629
    Depends on who you ask.
    I'm pleasantly surprised by how many progressive ideas Biden has put his verbal support behind. By being president and talking about them, they are becoming mainstream issues. Not sure how much any of it will matter if they can't put a muzzle on Joe Manchin and toss/alter the filibuster. But credit where it's due, Biden is a lot better than what I was bracing for.

Also James Carville can suck my truck nutz these days. What a sad disappointment he's turned into.
    What do you mean? Has James Carville ever been anything else but a sophomoric schmiberal?
    Maybe, it might just be getting more and more annoying as I age.
    edited April 2021
    Who would have believed that the perfect Wikipedia photo caption could be improved upon?

edited April 2021
    Maybe, it might just be getting more and more annoying as I age.
    Carville is one of the numerous walking and talking embodiments of the pundit's fallacy.
    I have noticed many pundits rise to prominence because they embody the thinking of one side at a particular moment. And that only means they're doomed to become a relic when that moment is gone.
    edited April 2021
    New HD "Director's Cut" of the famous Rock N Roll Hall of Fame performance of "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" this time with the focus more squarely on Prince's solo.

His name was Prince. And he was funky.
    The other guitarist is great, and then Prince effortlessly blows him away.
    I remember watching this "live" (the premiere airing) and feeling my jaw drop lower and lower the longer it went on. I've got a handful of "literally what the fuck is happening" exciting TV moments in my life and Prince is two of them.
    edited April 2021
    That is one of my very favorite Prince live flexes. And another is the Super Bowl halftime show. Is that your other fave?

I also love this live recording of "Let's Go Crazy." "Siri, give me Soundgarden, but horny." He starts off by noting that since it's been eleven years since he's played Detroit, he will have to start off with "Seventeen hits in a row! Until I see TEARS."

And another is the Super Bowl halftime show. Is that your other fave?
    Yes.
    edited April 2021
    Ok, I'm gonna put on my guitar nerd glasses....Ahem... :-B

In that performance at the Hall of Fame, The Artist Formerly Known as Prince isn't doing anything very complicated or technically challenging. It's all showmanship! Motherfucker knew how to make himself look good.
    edited May 2021
    One of my nerd buddies over at the guitar board I sometimes hang out at has seen Prince play. My nerd buddy is a big gear snob, a cork sniffer who enjoys expensive hand-made instruments. I don't remember where he saw Prince. He told me that, before the start of the show, he took a gander at the stage, and that he was disappointed in the gear Prince used: cheap Carvin amplifiers, Boss pedals, stuff that was cool back in the 80s, but is now, by gear snob criteria, outdated and cheap. And then he saw Prince play... He told me he had an epiphany about gear: it's not what you have, it's what you do with it!
    GbV name checks The Grifters on their new album.
    I need to check that one out. Heard it was a return to form.
    It's pretty good stuff.
    It makes me happy that Bobby Bare Jr. is in that band and making a nice living and playing to crowds. He also does the soundtrack/original songs for the TV show Perpetual Grace LTD. So between all of that, he seems to be paying bills and making a good living now.
    edited May 2021
    Demonstrators, many maskless, march in Montreal against public health restrictions

I don't know if it makes you feel any better, but we have our own idiots too.

The largest vaccination clinic in Quebec uses the installions of Montreal Olympic stadium, so these halfwits decided to protest nearby. As a result, the vaccination clinic had to close down. Thanks for nothing, assholes!

This is in my neighborhood. I saw them going down to the stadium, and I could read their signs: from what I could read, they were a motley crew of conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxx activists, religious nuts and far-right imbeciles.

I would call them morons, but they're not clever enough.